Player Report - Bartholomew- Accepted

Dry

Your in game name: Dry

The player's in game name: Bartholomew 

The player's steam ID (required): STEAM_0:1:96150107

What did the player do: Exploiting

Evidence (required): 

First encounter: In the video he takes a shot and immediately puts it away and pulls it back out. I believe he was attempting to shoot again but failed to do so as I feel like the gun didn't have a second round in it.
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/HGGbkRyQZ5K3K/OyBwcAhqnUiZ?theater=true
Second encounter: 1st Taco Bell Robbery. You can hear the barret shot go off then him come into frame and put the barret away and put it and pull it out immediately after.
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/HGIvV5563F1ta/d1337Pp3MUsI?invite=cr-MSwwYTMsMTc4ODMyNjgs
Third encounter: 2nd Taco Bell Robbery. Pretty obvious from it, you hear the shot and you see him put it away and pull it back out. I also included a screenshot to place barth at the robbery during the third encounter.
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/HGSfrRFSYUESJ/d13371kf5gGx?invite=cr-MSw5YlAsMTc4ODMyNjgs
https://prnt.sc/KHqfH9JgOWvq

What do you believe should happen to the player: Whatever the punishment for exploiting may be.

Any extra information: N/A

Current Positions:

Trooper Colonel of Illinois State Police / Sergeant Major of Rockford Police

Emergency Medical Technician of Rockford EMS / Recruit in Delta Force

• Head of Staff

-/+ Support

There was just a forum post about this same issue with the Barret reloading, hopefully a dev can fix / check that out. The 2 clips presented show him putting it back but they don't show him shooting twice after putting it way before the reloading cooldown. If anyone else present at the situation and if they have another POV that would be nice. Judging by the clips, he either

A) Inventory Holstered

B) Exploited the reload to not wait for the 10 second cooldown

C) Just looks suspicious 

Once again the clips don't necessarily show him exploiting the reload to shoot under the 10 second cooldown, so if someone else has more clips or if you have longer clips for me and other people further analyze that would help a lot!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• The first clip shows him shooting a shot, putting the Barret away, then taking out a Negev. 

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/HGIvV5563F1ta/d1337Pp3MUsI?invite=cr-MSwwYTMsMTc4ODMyNjgs

• The second clip shows him shooting a shot, putting it away, then taking it back out. But doe's not show him shoot another shot under the 10 second time frame. 

If I Misjudged this report, I deeply apologize. Its Late right now and just seen this!

Edited by scor
fixed layout

dM43pL3.png

this is not exploiting, I was switching back and forth my weapon because the gun isn't coded right and sometimes doesn't actually reload EVEN after cooldown for the shot to reload is over. Rapid firing the barret is not a thing. I was waiting cooldown. Along with waiting for the cooldown with reload, I have about 30 hours of recording if needed I can provide. I didn't inventory anything this entire night, I never died and I never put it away, as I said I have 30 hours of recording which I would be more than glad to provide.

Let me break these clips down for you, 

The first clip is litterally a normal pvp, I had no ammo so I "pistol whipped" you with a negev not even close to exploting I litterally switched guns.

second clip you werent even in the room to see the 2 other players who had barrets 2 of us including myself and soul were litterally holding that door, so you heard two seperate barrets fire and reload. your litterally 3rd person peaking which might I add is considered exploiting/failrp thats crazy.

third clip litterally shows me shoot pull it out, not anything after, want to know why? that because it had no ammo in it. whethere I switched weapons or didnt cooldown wouldnt have been affected I couldnt shoot the gun regardless. 

none of the situations you provided show me intentionally breaking the barrets cooldown / exploiting.

Edited by Bartholomew
  • Like 1

Ex FBI DCOS | Ex FTO Director | Ex HRT 1LT | Ex PPD Overseer | Forum Diplomat | PoliceRP Admin | Ex Event Team Co-Leader | SL Capo | Negev abuser

Former | State 1T | Lord III | PO2 | Imperial Senior Mod | GM3

Barret Deleter 28-7

-Support

22 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

this is not exploiting, I was switching back and forth my weapon because the gun isn't coded right and sometimes doesn't actually reload. Rapid firing the barret is not a thing. I was waiting cooldown.

Reasons above!! ^^^^^

• Like 1

PoliceRP Moderator.

PD MSGT,SS SA,USMS DSAC,DF PVT,EMS PM

Previous: USMS CMA,SS DD, Police RP SNR Mod.

-support

this has been a known thing since the Barrett was added, every player that knows how to use that Barrett has done that for the last 2 years. This was never considered exploiting and probably never will. It’s a game mechanic in a semi serious gmod server. If your gonna risk a 15m gun who cares if your quick switching for a second shot.  if this if this was considered exploiting people are gonna get exploit warns from muscle memory. 

on top of this quick switch is a skill and timing based the same way bhoping is. A lot of the time you’ll quick switch while you shoot during lag and you’ll shoot / switched same tick causing no shot. What I’m getting at is even someone that been doing this for years isn’t always able to get both shots off. 

Edited by ~𝓢𝓞𝓤𝓛~

PD SM | SWAT LT | SL Consigliere 

MLG Pro Negev player 

#buffthenegev2023

rfawfa.png.7b7c7a61861c5b4a13bf66567ce2fb82.png

I wouldn’t care if this was like a one time thing but he did this a lot more then the three different times. Now granted he never took the second shot but he still knows that it’s a known exploit. So why do it? Why risk a chance? He’s an admin and he knows the risks and the rules of the server. It’s like telling someone that duped, hey I know you duped the weapon but as long as you don’t use the weapon it’s fine. There is no reason for him to switch his weapon and switch it back instantly unless he his doing the exploit. At the end of the day I don’t care if you get in trouble or not, it makes you think twice now when you do something.

Current Positions:

Trooper Colonel of Illinois State Police / Sergeant Major of Rockford Police

Emergency Medical Technician of Rockford EMS / Recruit in Delta Force

-Support to the report for lack of evidence.

On a side note...

4 hours ago, ~𝓢𝓞𝓤𝓛~ said:

It’s a game mechanic in a semi serious gmod server. If your gonna risk a 15m gun who cares if your quick switching for a second shot.

No, Using an unintentional bug to work around the cooldown is not a "Game Mechanic". It's an exploit. Also, other people "doing this for the past two years" doesn't make this any less of an exploit. It just means people did it and got used to doing it.

This is the first i've heard of this but if this has truly been happening for two years how has nobody made a bug report yet?

Like i said in the suggestion about this, My opinion is that this is an exploit and warnable but should still get fixed.

image.png.5bc21508a1ab5e81e97be92d1393e045.png

Ive read threw everything. ive looked threw everything. Personally i gave this a +/- support 

This iS a reload exploit and that is how you do it as ive seen it happen before +Support

We never see him shoot the second shot. tho this is a setup for it. so -Support

Its like setting something up but then not doing it.. its very odd.. id like to give him the benefit of the doubt here but ive NEVER seen anybody put away the barret just to go back to it unless they where trying to get past the cooldown.. Thats just my opinion

• Like 1

DD Founder and Leader| SM In PD|
Join DD Today!

34 minutes ago, galax223 said:

Ive read threw everything. ive looked threw everything. Personally i gave this a +/- support 

This iS a reload exploit and that is how you do it as ive seen it happen before +Support

We never see him shoot the second shot. tho this is a setup for it. so -Support

Its like setting something up but then not doing it.. its very odd.. id like to give him the benefit of the doubt here but ive NEVER seen anybody put away the barret just to go back to it unless they where trying to get past the cooldown.. Thats just my opinion

13 hours ago, Bartholomew said:

this is not exploiting, I was switching back and forth my weapon because the gun isn't coded right and sometimes doesn't actually reload EVEN after cooldown for the shot to reload is over. Rapid firing the barret is not a thing. I was waiting cooldown. Along with waiting for the cooldown with reload, I have about 30 hours of recording if needed I can provide. I didn't inventory anything this entire night, I never died and I never put it away, as I said I have 30 hours of recording which I would be more than glad to provide.

Let me break these clips down for you, 

The first clip is litterally a normal pvp, I had no ammo so I "pistol whipped" you with a negev not even close to exploting I litterally switched guns.

second clip you werent even in the room to see the 2 other players who had barrets 2 of us including myself and soul were litterally holding that door, so you heard two seperate barrets fire and reload. your litterally 3rd person peaking which might I add is considered exploiting/failrp thats crazy.

third clip litterally shows me shoot pull it out, not anything after, want to know why? that because it had no ammo in it. whethere I switched weapons or didnt cooldown wouldnt have been affected I couldnt shoot the gun regardless. 

none of the situations you provided show me intentionally breaking the barrets cooldown / exploiting.

- Support, if something is broken, it’s not the players fault

Currently: PoliceRP Super Admin / JMT, Senior Forum Diplomat, PD MAJ 1L93, EMS Chief Car 1, FBI AD RA13, HRT CPT LC2, SRT MAJ 1X33, State LT 1H11, SL Boss (Family Head)

Ex ImperialRP: Super Admin / JMT and Senior Forum Diplomat, DT VCMDR RU8/ TI-23 L21, 69th/ MC VCMDR and first ever ParaRescue Lead Marshal and last Rescue Squadron Marshal, Lord I, Purge CPL, IC CSVL SSS DME 2LT Maroon, Shock SPC/ SGT/ MSGT, K2S8 SK385, Pyke Muscle II JSR RussTime

DMs are always open (russtime)