Map rotations - Denied

PlantBruh

On 11/11/2022 at 11:40 AM, J0LT said:

+/- support

spawns

This (could) be a problem a very annoying one at that. Though there might be ways to completely switch it like almost "Reverting" but with all the new code instead. 

+/-  

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

Between spawns, permaprops, and all the new things the server has added would make it very difficult to change the map to an older map. We have a lot of item SCPs on the server right now that would not fit on site-50 at all. It would take SMT at LEAST 1-2 weeks to set everything up and get it on the main server. If we were to change maps every 2 months, that is 1-2 weeks per 2 months, or 6-12 weeks per year. That is 1-2 MONTHS of development that would not get done per year. I think the only real way to do it is what the server is already doing which is the unofficial new map per year. Because we are an ever growing player base and changing environment, the map changes to reflect that.

I thought about replying to this for a while, its just not a plausible thing to implement.

-Support

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2022 at 9:31 AM, Hex-G said:

Between spawns, permaprops, and all the new things the server has added would make it very difficult to change the map to an older map. We have a lot of item SCPs on the server right now that would not fit on site-50 at all. It would take SMT at LEAST 1-2 weeks to set everything up and get it on the main server. If we were to change maps every 2 months, that is 1-2 weeks per 2 months, or 6-12 weeks per year. That is 1-2 MONTHS of development that would not get done per year. I think the only real way to do it is what the server is already doing which is the unofficial new map per year. Because we are an ever growing player base and changing environment, the map changes to reflect that.

I thought about replying to this for a while, its just not a plausible thing to implement.

-Support

If we switch maps constantly then it's a huge waste of SMT's time, also it would be very time comsuming and a pain in the arse.

-SUPPORT

Current: Medical Command (Surgeon)

3 hours ago, Connor64 said:

If we switch maps constantly then it's a huge waste of SMT's time, also it would be very time comsuming and a pain in the arse.

-SUPPORT

you can perma prop stuff we do it with this map why cant they just save the perma props on the other maps 
Its a one time setup 

Edited by Dick Grayson

EX MAJ In MIL 
EX A2 In E4
Current VCMDR Of Sarkic

On 11/7/2022 at 4:33 PM, Tazza said:

+support

site-50 was so much fucking better than our current site-13 d-block 

true. cant even escape d block now,

+support, it would be fun but might be to much work for SMT,

Current: |{Clan} U.I.U Junor Agent|Lead Researcher| 

Former/Retired: Research Assistant Manager-SCP-RP: Senior Moderator 

but if SMT want to better the server then bringing back nostalgia is the best way to boost the servers ability to bring old and new players. yes it's stressful but either you suffer with a server that slowly dies or experiment and change things constantly to help it.  (not trying to start anything btw)  
This will really REALLY help the server if it's accepted.  

Yamato
Nu7 Sergeant Major 
Former: RRH Guardian KILO 20 | HTF MSG Inferno 2142 (MK2) Nu-7: CPT, DHBHM, DHCBRN. | D5: MSGT x3 | Sec MSGT. | Moderator |
1 Year DHBHM 

+ support. I suggested something of the like awhile ago. It would be cool to see some of the old maps that SCP-RP was on. This will with adding more RP. It will help solve an issue of stagnated RP from being on the same map for an extended period of time until a new map is made. This would also give administration more time and possibly more ideas to add into future maps as they would be able better to see what us players like from each of the different maps. I like the idea of switching maps every three months. We have four maps in total (as of right now) to switch between.

Former Senior Moderator | Security HFTO MAJ Serum

On 11/23/2022 at 10:00 PM, Dick Grayson said:

you can perma prop stuff we do it with this map why cant they just save the perma props on the other maps 
Its a one time setup 

Perma props would need to be set up every time we switched maps. The most efficient way would be something like this.

Today we are on Site-13 on the Main and SMT want to move us back to Site-05

Change test server to Site-05 (few hours tops)

Get SMT/JMT to go onto the test server and set up map wide requirements (Doors, SCP CCs, Perma props, Spawns for literally hundreds of jobs) (This would take a minimum of 1 week assuming they had all hands on deck working almost 24/7)

Get HCMD to all be available and set up various things for the map including spawn areas, RP areas, and anything else. (This would likely take an additional week at minimum).

Once everything is finalized they can do a mega event and switch the map.

This would be the process EVERY time they wanted to switch the map.
Perma props do not stay if you switch the map multiple times. 

I think this would be a massive waste of SMT's time and resources to bring a handful of players back for some short nostalgia.
Cool idea, but not a smart thing to implement.

11 hours ago, Hex-G said:

I think this would be a massive waste of SMT's time and resources to bring a handful of players back for some short nostalgia.

Hard work brings great results.  The harder JMT/SMT works on the server, the better the outcome.

Yamato
Nu7 Sergeant Major 
Former: RRH Guardian KILO 20 | HTF MSG Inferno 2142 (MK2) Nu-7: CPT, DHBHM, DHCBRN. | D5: MSGT x3 | Sec MSGT. | Moderator |
1 Year DHBHM 

+Support

ALLFATHER GIVE ME THE STRENGTH TO SLAY MY ENEMIES ON THE SITE-05 ELEVATOR!

In all seriousness though, old sites were great to play on, just needs quite a bit of optimization before we consider it.

Author of the OFFICIAL Thing's Rangiatea is not Allowed to do at the Foundation (THRAF)

Former SCP-RP Staff, Event Team, Teamspeak Support Member

Current Riot Trooper Officer, Stormtrooper Sergeant First Class - ImperialRP

+Support

+This is so epic

+map rotations are cool

+ I like the old maps

On 11/29/2022 at 10:49 AM, Hex-G said:

Perma props would need to be set up every time we switched maps. The most efficient way would be something like this.

Today we are on Site-13 on the Main and SMT want to move us back to Site-05

Change test server to Site-05 (few hours tops)

Get SMT/JMT to go onto the test server and set up map wide requirements (Doors, SCP CCs, Perma props, Spawns for literally hundreds of jobs) (This would take a minimum of 1 week assuming they had all hands on deck working almost 24/7)

Get HCMD to all be available and set up various things for the map including spawn areas, RP areas, and anything else. (This would likely take an additional week at minimum).

Once everything is finalized they can do a mega event and switch the map.

they can use Persistence files to help load in the perma props easier on map load, (adding the command to the server .bat file) with +sbox_persist (whatever u named it)

This is an alternate account for forums/profile/37110-schoodst/

(I am unable to sign into my steam account on certain devices)

On 11/8/2022 at 2:37 AM, Sprink said:

+Support

Switch to Site 05 first and I’m telling you all the OGs will come back and the server will pop off.

Massive + Support

brooooooo, true Site 05 was fire from what i've seen.

But with all seriousness, THIS suggestion will help with activity a lot and possibly bring veteran players back!

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

On 11/25/2022 at 5:37 PM, Yamato said:

but if SMT want to better the server then bringing back nostalgia is the best way to boost the servers ability to bring old and new players. yes it's stressful but either you suffer with a server that slowly dies or experiment and change things constantly to help it.  (not trying to start anything btw)  
This will really REALLY help the server if it's accepted.  

True, Based GL Player!

1 hour ago, A Large Soda said:

+Support

+This is so epic

+map rotations are cool

+ I like the old maps

they can use Persistence files to help load in the perma props easier on map load, (adding the command to the server .bat file) with +sbox_persist (whatever u named it)

Indeed, i would also suggest maybe switching maps each 3 months?

• Like 1

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

Ah yes, having to redo ALL of the perma props on the map every 2 months, sounds like a fun day in hell. 

A map rotation every 6 Months would be much better logistically speaking than every 2 Months. 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

22 hours ago, Sixx said:

Ah yes, having to redo ALL of the perma props on the map every 2 months, sounds like a fun day in hell. 

A map rotation every 6 Months would be much better logistically speaking than every 2 Months. 

Use persistence files, they already use them to save perma through server restarts and those are DAILY, going back to what I said,

On 12/7/2022 at 10:22 AM, The Schoodster said:

They can use the persistence files to just switch out every map change.

Current: Nu7 2LT | Event Team Former: Nu7 2LT | RRH Guardian Tango 18 | SCPRP Senior Moderator

Schoodst Gaming | The Goofiest | "You get drunk you stop checking corners" - IPAIDFORPIXELS, from that one Dust 2 Casual Game

Denied. The SCP-RP SMT has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl ||