Map rotations - Denied

PlantBruh

What are you suggesting? - The new map change has been contentious for lack of a better word, everyone has their own opinions on it but I believe I have a solution that could benefit old and new players alike by giving everyone a different site to experience before it gets too old. I am suggesting a new system to be implemented where we alternate between our current Site-13, with atleast one other map (Site 50 v2 /Site 10/ Site 05.) I would suggest only one map at a time to not confuse newer players with 4 different maps.
It would go like this

Site-13 (6 months) -> Site-50 v2 (6 months) -> Site-13 (6 months) -> Site-10 (6 months) ect ect. 

How would this change better the server? -  It would allow old players to experience their favorite maps again and give newer players a chance to see maps they’ve never seen before. As far as I know, no other SCP RP server does map rotations like this and would be refreshing for everyone to see different sites. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - I understand it would be a large undertaking to switch maps frequently so I opted to have the maps stay around for ~6 months to give managers/administration time to update old maps and make sure they’re working properly. Such as adding new updated systems that we have used for mining and mech raids, E5 raids ect. ect. Spawnpoints would have to be reset along with world props being replaced every map change. I only used 2 months because it seems like a good balance of letting players enjoy the map while giving Administration time to work. (This time could always be adjusted to how administration sees fit.)

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Old players and new players alike! It would give the most dedicated members a chance to see their old sites back in action along with giving new players a “new” map to play on! 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Addendum: I know this has been suggested before and has been denied everytime, but I think this would be a great way to retain players who might not enjoy the current map. It has massive potential with relatively low work needed. It’s much much easier to just add an old map to a rotation than it is to manufacture an entire new map from scratch or off a design from the workshop. I genuinely believe that we could make this work with help from old and new players alike!

Edited by PlantBruh
After reading comments it’s more realistic and less work for SMT if it’s switched every 6 months rather than every 2. I’ve updated the post
  • Gaminglight Love 1

TBH i know as plantbruh say this have been post a lot but it might go denied how ever i really think that this idea might work remember the old maps.
I miss site-50 so fucking bad :classic_sad:
+support

CURRENT RANKS SCPRP: None
Retired E-11 COL and EX GENSEC MAJ

CHAD WITH GOLDENPAN612494147_jaydenaskingforHBOXD.png.8244c394c19aa3dc39251ae1e63c7ae2.png

3 hours ago, Chineseman said:

TBH i know as plantbruh say this have been post a lot but it might go denied how ever i really think that this idea might work remember the old maps.
+support

The current map is fire but I feel like rotating maps could bring a lot of activity I enjoy the old map just as much as the new one. + Support

Edited by Trizium
  • Gaminglight Love 1

+support

site-50 was so much fucking better than our current site-13 d-block 

• Gaminglight Love 2

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

+support

2 hours ago, Tazza said:

site-50 was so much fucking better than our current site-13 d-block 

ong going to be honest as a Security Trainer on Site 50 I was able to do training easily especially on the tour as I would minimize the guide and still be able to explain everything without issues I am 110% in agreement of bringing back Site 50 hopefully as a permanent map and I know that I was not around for other maps but I will say that as a Security member when D Class were rioting it gave us an actual challenge and that I feel was something I feel made new players want to join Security which also gave them a chance to join other branches such as MTF branches and I will be honest I think I speak for a lot of other players when I say that bringing back Site 50 will improve everything on the server for RP purposes

+support I am sorry this map looks nice but I love site 50 way better any easy to know my way around  but don’t get me wrong the bunks on this map is nice if u ass all look of d block and lzc and hzc add the bunks we have and d block it’s self then it be a sweet looking map but bring back SITE 50 plzzzz 

MTF D5 HFTO LTCOL EEVEE LAPD

Always Loves the Huggs

Friendly and Nice 

xxxx

+support having map changes every few months (3-5 months) would help people from being bored + nostalgia.  

staying on the same map for a year at a time gets boring super fast and doesn't help. Plus site-13 while it's beautiful and amazing, something about it killed the server..

I DO Understand that Managers and everyone else that works on the maps are going to have hell every 2 months so maybe extend to 3 months.   But it would help with many peoples motivation and others things. 

Yamato
Nu7 Sergeant Major 
Former: RRH Guardian KILO 20 | HTF MSG Inferno 2142 (MK2) Nu-7: CPT, DHBHM, DHCBRN. | D5: MSGT x3 | Sec MSGT. | Moderator |
1 Year DHBHM 

On 11/8/2022 at 2:36 PM, Yamato said:

I DO Understand that Managers and everyone else that works on the maps are going to have hell every 2 months so maybe extend to 3 months.

I change my mind!! 

6 months!!  if we change the maps too fast people will also start to lose motivation as well due to the same ol maps and such small time periods! 
so I say every 4-6 months the maps rotate. that gives JMT & SMT A LONG time to set up the map and still keep everyone happy 

(Still +support) 

Yamato
Nu7 Sergeant Major 
Former: RRH Guardian KILO 20 | HTF MSG Inferno 2142 (MK2) Nu-7: CPT, DHBHM, DHCBRN. | D5: MSGT x3 | Sec MSGT. | Moderator |
1 Year DHBHM 

+/- support

spawns

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

Everyone's saying. "Site-50 this" Site-50 that"  but what about site-10.  the original site 5.

Bring back Omi-9 and A1 

• Like 1

Yamato
Nu7 Sergeant Major 
1 Year DHBHM