In Light of the Mass Resignations: ANOTHER RESIGNATION! (Jummy's temporary goodbye.)

Jummy

Hey there.

Hi, miss me? No you don't. 

As I'm sure some of you have seen, I've gone very inactive as of late, and some of you in command may have seen the issues I've been having in certain channels. So I'm sure some of you are wondering what's going on.

On the GL side of things: Research is hard to deal with. There's not enough command, enlisted are hard to get on, and sometimes it does feel like I'm taking care of a bunch of babies. (Looking at you, Domz.) But in the end I still enjoyed playing on the server, and I still loved the community built around it. The little issues were enough to bear.

That doesn't mean I'm completely happy, I'm still frustrated with how certain things were handled and how certain stuff went down. It's honestly all a blur cause... well... most of it was kind of pointless in retrospect. But I'm not glad about how Research is doing right now. I know leaving as one of few real leaders in the branch isn't the best, but I figured they'll have to find some way to work that out, and then improve from there... hopefully.

And why I'm primarily resigning, well, is entirely different. If you really want to see, highlight the giant white line below, only cause it may worry some.

Recently, I have had a slew of depressive episodes, due to real life drama, general stress with school, past traumatizing events, and more. This has caused me to get to a state of near disrepair, where I barely took care of myself both mentally and physically, never worrying about myself, and only others. This all culminated in a suicide attempt recently, but I thankfully did not go through with it.  

I'm going to attempt to go back into therapy, and focus on real life health more than ever. I will stress that GamingLight has not caused any of this mental stress, or has led to that extreme level of sadness, but I just know I am not in a state to be command, or hell, really be enlisted either right now. I've been prioritizing focusing on real life more than GamingLight, and I'm proud of that, but I'm afraid for that I will have to cut it out of my life for a while.

Last time I resigned, it was for similar reasons actually. Not the same level, but still. So when I come back expect something worse! (/j)

So for all those reasons, I have to leave for a bit. Most people would probably give final messages to their friends, so I guess I should do the same. 

High Command - Please try your best and be open to input. I want this branch to succeed dearly, and you're kind of responsible for that... so...

NydeKore - Well, you're resigning too. So many High Command gone within a few days, really fucking sad. Anyways, you were always my favourite and you always seemed the most open, although that may be biased. If you ever wanna play something together then I'd be open to it.

Tyler - Blessed soul, a fucking angel you are, Tyler. Always saw the best in people and always wanted to help the branch, but still knew when to let other command shine and when to step back from things. I'm still pissed about that one time you made me supervise your SCP-106 MT, but I'm willing to forgive and forget.

Earl - Guy I told first about all of this. Golden Age command member, as well as a generally likeable dude. Probably the most chaotically fruity guy I've ever known, as well as the funniest. Even through stoic speech, you always made me laugh. We never ended up finishing that one lore series, maybe we'll get to when I return. 

Avalon - We didn't really talk, but Christ, you do work. Was fun to talk to for the brief moments we did talk.

Phill -  Top 10 most DEVASTATING resignations in Research!!!←  Okay but for real, sorry to hear about why you left. You were a really cool and calm guy to talk to from what I remember. Hope you're doing okay!

BillyBob - Tall in spirit. Always lit up the room, and whilst sometimes annoying, did still put a reluctant smile on my face. Hearing you go full tactical rambling mode during RFA ops was always nice, made it feel so much more in Role-Play and fun. Speaking of RFA...

Domz - I'm not even gonna lie, you're dumb as hell. Sometimes it was funny dumb but other times... jeez. Barely talks during command meetings and does bare minimum like... dude. If you want to resign or something please just say it, it's kind of infuriating. Aside from that: have fun with RFA.

Other Command Please do me a solid: Work together, learn from mistakes, don't overwork yourself, and never ever prioritize GL over your real life. Do not become engulfed in a frankly corny and stupid GL server.

Alright, that should be it. If I missed you, it's not cause I don't know you, or hate you, but it's just cause, well... this isn't really a goodbye. Think of it more like an LOA... just way longer. Remember: It's stupid G-Mod, but that doesn't mean it's all pointless.

Thanks to anyone who read, from people who know me, or don't. 

And incase I don't see ya: Good morning, good afternoon, and good night!

Edited by Jummy
  • Gaminglight Love 1

Research Administrator | R.A.U. Commissioner | External Agent 3 "Oyasumi"

image.png.ef2fbf407892c884509d5e5c10e6fc2c.png

Take care Jummy. Depression is a terrible thing and it takes a lot of strength to overcome and fight through it, I know you have that strength so just keep fighting because you're worth it. I wish you all the best and I'll keep you in my prayers.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

2 minutes ago, Piller said:

Take care Jummy. Depression is a terrible thing and it takes a lot of strength to overcome and fight through it, I know you have that strength so just keep fighting because you're worth it. I wish you all the best and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Amen🙏, Take care Jummy wish the best for you and your family❤️!

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

26 minutes ago, Domz said:

damn bro called me an idiot baby

🤣😂🤣

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png