Master Chief's Forums Diplomat Application - Accepted

Master Chief

In-Game Name:
Master Chief

Steam Name:
[TSC]Master Chief[GL]

SteamID:
STEAM_0:0:26503771

What is your staff rank and the server you work in?
Admin - ImperialRP

How often are you online on the forums?
3-4+ times a week; I receive emails from following nearly every topic in the ImperialRP section of the Forums and respond when I am able.

Why do you believe you're qualified to serve as a Forum Diplomat?
Since I have been in Staff for the ImperialRP I believe I have done a great job in growing, learning to temper my resolve more than before, as well as providing insight to others from an unbiased perspective.  As a Forums Diplomat it runs in a similar vein where I am able to not only handle administrative duties, but when situations arise that require a firm understanding and execution of the rules I believe I would excel if given the opportunity.  In situations where I have been on the receiving end of unscrupulous remarks, I've made it a point to separate my emotions from the situation.

Would you consider yourself to have good judgement? If so, please describe a situation that required you to make a difficult decision?
Honestly, I don't think that I've made a difficult decision as of yet.  With the Staff Guidelines in place they have been a steady barometer of what's acceptable and what's not.  If someone breaks the rules it has to be addressed.  I guess in a way when it comes to pushing buttons people shouldn't be pushing (EC/Hyperspace), if they're new they would receive a verbal warning, shown how to access and directed to read the MOTD, remind them that further instances of same/similar behavior will result in a formal FailRP warning, then sent on their way; however, if they were unruly and heinous from the get-go then it's a close and shut case, give them the same as the aforementioned, but a jail sentence with continued behavior also resulting in a formal warning.
Also, if there ever came a time for a difficult decision I would seek advisement from peers and supervisors to get an idea of how best to move forward.

Edit:
Upon further introspect, in a non-GL-related manner, there was a time where I was requested by one of my best mates to prevent another from showing at his first wedding; the other mate was head over feet for a girl in attendance and the groom just didn't want any shenanigans taking place that would set off his soon-to-be missus.  I hated being put in that situation as they are both my top mates, but instead of "throwing him out on his ass" (his ex-wife was a bridezilla [and more] to the umpteenth degree) I stood with in the back instead of with the party in case I heard his car pull up.  It did and I went out and told him that I had nothing against him and that him and I were fine, but I couldn't allow him to enter and that he needed to exit the area immediately.  He didn't take it well.  He was shouting, verbally fighting with me on the topic coming up with a slew of reasons, and when he finally asked why he couldn't, I told him point-blank.  Ripped off the band-aid.  He became more flustered growing louder, but I reminded him of whose wedding it was and that him having his act happening outside with them nearly complete with the ceremony inside would not bode well.  I wanted to mend things between the two of them and told him if he wanted to still be friends with him that he would need to vacate immediately.  Staying calm and collected the entire time, but hearing him out.  I am more in-tune with my emotions that others may think (DT and Kio can vouch for that) and it was heart-wrenching to have to turn him away, but everything worked out in the end and we're all still best mates. 

How would you deal with a situation where a user is spamming in various topics due to getting banned from one of our servers?
Inform them that they would need to submit a proper ban appeal in the appropriate server, guiding them if needed.  I would also give them the link to the Forum Rules point out Rule #4 that states "Making spam posts or continuously posting content in incorrect locations is prohibited."  If they continued to spam continuously, I would request a possible Content Moderation on the individual.

How would you deal with a situation where two users are aggressively arguing with each other in a warning appeal?
Inform both parties "It is prohibited to insult, flame, or harass other community members including that if they wanted to comment on the warning appeal that they must do so in a + or - Support manner and to be respectful of everyone that may comment in the post.  I would also tell them that if they continued they may be put on Content Moderation, limiting what they can post throughout the forums.

Retired Head Admin | R DT 1LT II7
Master Chief Game GIF by Halo

+ Support

- Good application!
- Active member of the community

- Experienced and trusted staff member

| RETIRED GENERAL OF THE IMPERIAL ARMY |
| FIRST EVER IMPERIAL GOVERNOR || Former 501st "Vader's Fist" Legion Commander || Former Senior Commander || Former SF Crimson || Former IF Agent Lone Six |
| Former Imperial RP Senior Administrator || Former Senior Forums Diplomat || Former Imperial RP Gamemaster VII || Retired 501st VCMDR |
season 1 duel of the droids GIF by Star Wars

+Support

Very active on the Forums

Very friendly

Professional

Very good staff member, and always willing to improve

Chief is a great support member, and great member of the community, I believe he deserves to get Forum Diplomat.

Emperor Palpatine

| Ex. Shock Commander | Ex. Storm Trooper Captain | Ex. Nova Lieutenant-Colonel

1 hour ago, Bon said:

+Support

Very friendly

Professional

Chief is a great support member, and great member of the community, I believe he deserves to get Forum Diplomat.

RETIRED

30 Second Darth Vader Kio

Stepped down General Kio |  Retired Dupe Builder for Army/Navy High Command | Last Ever Nova Senior Commander | Retired Assistant Head GameMaster | Admin | ST Vice Commander Revenant

Bleach Bankai GIF

On 10/31/2022 at 2:16 PM, Masterson said:

+Support

Good Application

Seems to know what they're doing

Only thing I would say is possibly would like to see a little more forum activity.

Best of luck Master Chief!

Nothing else for me to say besides Chief is an amazing staff member and support member

Currently: PoliceRP Super Admin / JMT, Senior Forum Diplomat, PD MAJ 1L93, EMS Chief Car 1, FBI AD RA13, HRT CPT LC2, SRT MAJ 1X33, State LT 1H11, SL Underboss (Co-Leader)

Ex ImperialRP: Super Admin / JMT and Senior Forum Diplomat, DT VCMDR RU8/ TI-23 L21, 69th/ MC VCMDR and first ever ParaRescue Lead Marshal and last Rescue Squadron Marshal, Lord I, Purge CPL, IC CSVL SSS DME 2LT Maroon, Shock SPC/ SGT/ MSGT, K2S8 SK385, Pyke Muscle II JSR RussTime

DMs are always open (russtime)

+ support 

Master chief has been an amazing member of staff very knowledge and quick to respawn to any issue that may come up and is always there to help any other member of staff and answer any questions they may have. I feel like if chief was to be given the opportunity to be a forums diplomat he would do a fantastic job.     

Former Grand Admiral| Former Shock Vice Commander| Former F16

11 hours ago, The Best Tuna said:

+ support 

Master chief has been an amazing member of staff very knowledge and quick to respawn to any issue that may come up and is always there to help any other member of staff and answer any questions they may have. I feel like if chief was to be given the opportunity to be a forums diplomat he would do a fantastic job.     

He was a Great DT Commander as well og

spacer.png

On 10/27/2022 at 9:29 PM, Bon said:

+Support

Very friendly

Professional

• Dislike 1

| Super Admin | Senior Forums Diplomat Support Advisor |
| Chaos Insurgency Staff Sergeant | Epsilon-11 Warrant Officer | 
CC Owned: | 47th Clan | Talon | Darth Jar Jar | Banshee Squadron | Door Technicians | CI Banshee Unit

• Head of Staff

Accepted!

Congratulations! Your application has been accepted. Please contact RussTime for training!

ImperialRP SMT | Head of Staff       

Head Forums Diplomat

Former High Admiral | Former DT Commander | Former State LTCOL | Former SPRT Commander

• Frog changed the title to Master Chief's Forums Diplomat Application - Accepted
  • Frog locked this topic