Adding a Holstering system? [Under Review] [Accepted] [In Progress] [Completed]

Thermite

What do you want to see?:  A system to holster weapons (on the person's back) and see what other weapons people have.

Why should we add it?:  I believe it would add a little bit of RP, but mainly to see what other guns people have and 
I think it would look really cool for all of the troops to show off their weapons and display that they "have or earned" a certain weapon.

What are the advantages of having this?:  Looking dripped out. But all seriousness, its for cosmetics purposes to show off people weapons.

Who is it mainly for?:  This is for everyone to use no matter the rank or battalion it's to add a little bit of realism while keeping it RP friendly. Also it would be amazing to look and inspect other peoples weapons

Links to any content: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1162417168&searchtext=Weapon+Holsters+with+editor

Retired Fleet Admiral
Retired GM VII
Retired 501st Commander 

Ok just to start off with, picture this: as a DT for example, having a gun on their back like the E11-D would look amazing while holding out cross arms or another gun. Another example could be with pistols actually holstered on the persons hip. Legend weapons could be more visible for others to see and show off. Then another thing is holding out a gun while having a shield on your back (shock having their riot shield or Sarlacc for example with their deployable shield). In all this would make pictures for battalions look 10x better at least but also just add a great aspect to the game.

+ HUGE SUPPORT

Currently: PoliceRP Super Admin / JMT, Senior Forum Diplomat, PD MAJ 1L93, EMS Chief Car 1, FBI AD RA13, HRT CPT LC2, SRT MAJ 1X33, SL Underboss (Co-Leader)

Ex ImperialRP: Super Admin / JMT and Senior Forum Diplomat, DT VCMDR RU8/ TI-23 L21, 69th/ MC VCMDR and first ever ParaRescue Lead Marshal and last Rescue Squadron Marshal, Lord I, Purge CPL, IC CSVL SSS DME 2LT Maroon, Shock SPC/ SGT/ MSGT, K2S8 SK385, Pyke Muscle II JSR RussTime

DMs are always open (russtime)

+support

Gonna +support this, but it should be able to be disabled on clientside if need be. More than likely it would not look great with a few playermodels due to capes etc.

• Like 1

Retired GL Member (R DT CPT DM8)

7 Year Forum Account + Long-Standing GL Supporter

Former: Death Trooper Vice Commander (Unit TI-23 Overseer), 501st ARC Chip, Unit TI-23 Medic M36, Seeker Company SGT SN04, 69th SSGT Chip, Admin/GMVII

star wars animation GIF

1 hour ago, RussTime said:

Ok just to start off with, picture this: as a DT for example, having a gun on their back like the E11-D would look amazing while holding out cross arms or another gun. Another example could be with pistols actually holstered on the persons hip. Legend weapons could be more visible for others to see and show off. Then another thing is holding out a gun while having a shield on your back (shock having their riot shield or Sarlacc for example with their deployable shield). In all this would make pictures for battalions look 10x better at least but also just add a great aspect to the game.

+ HUGE SUPPORT

+ MASSIVE MASSIVE + Support: I personally would love to show off my legend weapons
This would make the server stand out as it would be accurate in lore as equipment would show and would definitely increase the purchasing of perm weapons as everyone would be able to show them off 

Dragon - Former Fennec
Current: The Eighth Brother | Dragon

Insidious Clan Owner/Leader
Former: The High Inquisitor, Senior Admin X 2 , Second Sister, Sovereign Protector Ved Kennede, Ninth Sister, First Vice Sovereign Sun Tzu, GM V

1 hour ago, Imagine Dragon These said:

+ MASSIVE MASSIVE + Support: I personally would love to show off my legend weapons
This would make the server stand out as it would be accurate in lore as equipment would show and would definitely increase the purchasing of perm weapons as everyone would be able to show them off 

3 hours ago, RussTime said:

+ HUGE SUPPORT

| Super Admin | Senior Forums Diplomat Support Advisor |
| Chaos Insurgency Staff Sergeant | Epsilon-11 Warrant Officer | 
CC Owned: | 47th Clan | Talon | Darth Jar Jar | Banshee Squadron | Door Technicians | CI Banshee Unit

6 hours ago, Firekirby said:

+support

Gonna +support this, but it should be able to be disabled on clientside if need be. More than likely it would not look great with a few playermodels due to capes etc.

| RETIRED GENERAL OF THE IMPERIAL ARMY |
| FIRST EVER IMPERIAL GOVERNOR || Former 501st "Vader's Fist" Legion Commander || Former Senior Commander || Former SF Crimson || Former IF Agent Lone Six |
| Former Imperial RP Senior Administrator || Former Senior Forums Diplomat || Former Imperial RP Gamemaster VII || Retired 501st VCMDR |
season 1 duel of the droids GIF by Star Wars

19 hours ago, RussTime said:

+ HUGE SUPPORT

this is a great idea i think it would make some battalions look cool af +support

Current: IC HCO SSS MSG 8509 Rusty
Retired: Ω 1LT 3222 Atin Skirata First ever Deputy Hazard SupervisorLast Ever Demo Vice Lead - 501st ARCTRN 1SG Rusty 8509 - SF OFS Warrant Officer Rusty - IC Vice Commander 1140 Fixer Admin Rusty - IC OSLD MAJ 1309 Niner First Ever ISB Junior Operative - Last Agent Gideon Hask IF2 DT V07- DT CPT EL9 - DT SN04 - Shadow Guard VI Scythe -  Shock CPT Rusty                                                             

spacer.png

#BringIFback #InfernoRangers

FYI: Through some testing SMT will need to manually place some of the guns to make them look nicer, but even if they did it just for E11 and some of the more basic guns that most things have it would be easy enough.

Removed General Keegan

Former Medical Senior Commander Keegan 4571

Former ImperialRP Senior Admin

Former ImperialRP Senior Gamemaster

On 10/23/2022 at 7:24 AM, RussTime said:

+ HUGE SUPPORT

Honestly when I saw the title of the post I thought it was for something completely different but now I know I was really off on that prediction but this would honestly look dope to see 

+HUGE SUPPORT 

CURRENT: None

Former:
Field Commander

First Ever IQ Branch Senior Commander(in SNRCMDR Program)

First ever No Helmet Second Sister 

+Support

This will give a big boost to cosmetics and immersion for players. In general I would love to see say DT posted up in a check point holding a E-11D with there Sniper holstered on there back. I think that would look sick.

| Imperial Governor of Lothal and Tatooine |

"If you don’t take risks, you can’t create a future." - Monkey D. Luffy

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2022 at 12:24 PM, RussTime said:

+ HUGE SUPPORT

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...