General Suggestion -> "Adding more sound effects" [Completed]

Tazza

What are you suggesting? - 

Adding more sound effects to areas on the map like HCZ and EZ where its very baron and has lack of ambience and could give LCZ a nice ambience to it as well.

How would this change better the server? - 
As I said above it'd give a fresh new feel to HCZ and EZ and could make it a slight bit more scary to walk around in those areas alone.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - 
I'm not too sure with any but there are probably a few.

Who would this change mostly benefit? -
SCPs in HCZ, Nu7 during a code Blue, and anyone else in HCZ / EZ

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -
There isnt really any workshop content but i have found a few videos with the HCZ ambience from SCP:CB

LCZ Ambience

HCZ Ambience

EZ Ambience

• Like 1

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

The server's ambience is kinda lackluster to say the best, it's just the same video on loop.  It would be much more interesting to possibly have different ambient sounds playing at different times while in different zones.  Although it would be a small change, I personally think it would to a lot to add to the atmosphere.

HUGE +SUPPORT

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

18 minutes ago, 1stSavagerY said:

The server's ambience is kinda lackluster to say the best, it's just the same video on loop.  It would be much more interesting to possibly have different ambient sounds playing at different times while in different zones.  Although it would be a small change, I personally think it would to a lot to add to the atmosphere.

HUGE +SUPPORT

our lord and savior, Tazza, has spoken

• Skull 1

Current: [REDACTED]

Former: E11 COL | Deputy Head of FTOs | CI SRIC/LCPL

"We die in the dark so that others can live in the light."

41 minutes ago, 1stSavagerY said:

HUGE +SUPPORT

TAZZA IS CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

very true, as maint I would love to have sounds going on in HCZ especially, maybe some scp noises like 354 slamming something or 049 mumbling or 096 crying. would be awesome

MAINTENANCE!!!! I LOVE MAINTENANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

image.png.1a58e8b93a831a69a9602377711b6321.png 

+ support

Imagine a SCP breaks out of there CC in HCZ and all of a sudden clinging and clanking and creepy sounds and music start playing as a Deputy head of Field medic this would make me shit myself if I heard this. 

SCP/Medical Senior-Command/Manager/Head of Field Work 

On 10/23/2022 at 9:43 PM, 1stSavagerY said:

HUGE +SUPPORT

CURRENT RANKS SCPRP: None
Retired E-11 COL and EX GENSEC MAJ

CHAD WITH GOLDENPAN612494147_jaydenaskingforHBOXD.png.8244c394c19aa3dc39251ae1e63c7ae2.png

• 2 weeks later...

+ Support

The silent map really does hurt, i mean some people do have ambient noises client side but there's no server side Ambience.   
Ambient 14 & 22 for EZ is PERFECT. but they're also good for HCZ

Ambient 10 (LCZ) would be perfect for when medbay is locked down.

THE ONLY issue i see with adding all of this is possible lag from the code.  you may not believe it but even sounds can cause lag.

Yamato
Nu7 Sergeant Major 
Former: RRH Guardian KILO 20 | HTF MSG Inferno 2142 (MK2) Nu-7: CPT, DHBHM, DHCBRN. | D5: MSGT x3 | Sec MSGT. | Moderator |
1 Year DHBHM 

On 10/23/2022 at 10:43 PM, 1stSavagerY said:

HUGE +SUPPORT

Current: Manager of Interrogations | D5 VCMDR | G9 QUETZALCOATL GT3 | A1 CSM Nightshade 
Former: Councilman of Internal Affairs Agency | Gensec PVT | RRH Foxtrot 26 | G9 Wraith GH1E11 LCPL | EXM RFM CCU RMS | Maintenance trainee x10 (trained by Spixe himself once! Had Lava fill out one test for me! Self-trained as well!)

Trial Moderator: 09/27/22 - 10/01/22 (round 2 12/04/23 - 12/13/23) | Moderator: 10/01/22 - 11/04/22 (round 2 12/13/23 - 1/18/24) | Senior Moderator: 11/04/22 - 2/8/23 (round 2 1/18/24 - 2/28/24) | Admin: 2/8/23 - 4/2/23

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2022 at 6:43 AM, 1stSavagerY said:

HUGE +SUPPORT

On 10/25/2022 at 4:10 PM, ZeferGaming said:

+ support

Imagine a SCP breaks out of there CC in HCZ and all of a sudden clinging and clanking and creepy sounds and music start playing as a Deputy head of Field medic this would make me shit myself if I heard this. 

+ Support 
This will make Zefer have a heart atack IRL, but its a small price to pay for cool sound effects! (JK XD)

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

+Support

Really adds an effect of immersion, and it would make standing around in the facility less boring. The only issue I could see with this is affecting the server files size. Though, would be a great addition overall in my opinion.

Current: Nu-7 VCMDR

Former: E-11 VCMDR/LT-COL totally didn't get demoted || Event Team Member || CI SFTO 2LT

CCs: Snoop Dog Owner || Previous Rho-36 Occult Operative || Used to be Reznov || CI TF2 Heavy || MTF Zeta-0 'Caste Gates' || Tango-12 'Forgiving Hand'

French Canadian man || Mbappé fan in the making

• 1 month later...

+ Support    fr fr

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

On 10/24/2022 at 4:43 AM, 1stSavagerY said:

HUGE +SUPPORT

+ Support

Would make me actually consider doing patrols in EZ/HCZ for no real reason. Would make that a lot more fun.

Retired:
[ Delta-5 Colonel]     [ D5-SVFTO ]     [ Gamma-9 ' Forseti's Banamaðr ' ]     [ Director of The IAA ]   [Omega-1 Lieutenant]      [Alpha-1 SGT] 

image.png.71edd96ab5d5d2bb3542fd61eb057724.png

(this was written in october man not even a "in progress" ?) 

+support  (again)

Yamato
Nu7 Sergeant Major 
Former: RRH Guardian KILO 20 | HTF MSG Inferno 2142 (MK2) Nu-7: CPT, DHBHM, DHCBRN. | D5: MSGT x3 | Sec MSGT. | Moderator |
1 Year DHBHM