Adding Media Player [Denied]

T0paz

What do you want to see: The Media Player added to the server

Why should we do this: It helps the Community Bond, Provide a good time for the lads

What are the advantages to this: It helps the community bond. It can also provide background noise for people wanting to get something done and also stay on the server. It seems to be a positive addition to other servers for their community to hang out during down time. Plus, It's less than 2 MB!!!

Who is this for mainly: The entire server

Link: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=546392647

Edited by T0paz

As long as theres a system in place to moderate this and keep it from being abused, I give +support

| RETIRED GENERAL OF THE IMPERIAL ARMY |
| FIRST EVER IMPERIAL GOVERNOR || Former 501st "Vader's Fist" Legion Commander || Former Senior Commander || Former SF Crimson || Former IF Agent Lone Six |
| Former Imperial RP Senior Administrator || Former Senior Forums Diplomat || Former Imperial RP Gamemaster VII || Retired 501st VCMDR |
season 1 duel of the droids GIF by Star Wars

+support, but with restrictions.

-I feel like this should be locked behind a paywall, if added. We don't want everyone being able to spawn one in, since doing so might cause headache for staff if a rogue ST gets ahold of it. Maybe make the ability to spawn one in T1+?

• Like 1

Current Royal Guard Vice Sovereign Sun Tzu

"The Saber Guard Defense Force"

Former: Saber Guard Primus

Playing Star Wars GIF

+support 

BUT

This has to be implemented carefully. It has to be noted that people can always find a way to get explicit content through on a media player, and given GL has some pretty young members, this could be cause for concern. I agree with @BloodyFork. Either a paywall or perhaps you can get this unlocked once you’re a certain rank in a battalion, or some sort of trusted system. This definitely should not be available to all players.

Retired GL Member (R DT CPT DM8)

7 Year Forum Account + Long-Standing GL Supporter

Former: Death Trooper Vice Commander (Unit TI-23 Overseer), 501st ARC Chip, Unit TI-23 Medic M36, Seeker Company SGT SN04, 69th SSGT Chip, Admin/GMVII

star wars animation GIF

+Support 

•It’s an amazing addon but it should be moderated

side note:

•I will say one thing based off of other servers I’ve seen use it, if not implemented correctly it can cause some slight server lag and fps drop but overall it’s an amazing addon

CURRENT: None

Former:
Field Commander

First Ever IQ Branch Senior Commander(in SNRCMDR Program)

First ever No Helmet Second Sister