Deadly Force Rule Change/Clarification - Denied

Kessel

What you want to see? - EXPLICITLY allow deadly force to be automatically used by gov if a suspect suddenly pulls out a weapon during a police encounter for any reason other than mugging or other FearRP situations, where you cannot draw on them too (if they pull a gun on you, but are not doing a mug or other FearRP action, this rule would then apply). Often, during a vehicle pursuit, when the car is trapped, the person will run, but then suddenly turn around and draw a gun on the officers. If something like this happened in the real world, they’d be lit up like a Christmas tree. Example: You’re interviewing someone whose hands are empty, and they suddenly present a firearm. Currently, the MOTD does not directly address this kind of scenario, and when situations like this turn into a staff sit, whether or not it’s allowable is looked at on a case-to-case basis. Currently, only PD’s SOP explicitly states that deadly force is authorized when someone pulls a gun an officer (as long as they don’t violate the aforementioned FearRP), and my suggestion is that we make this server standard in the MOTD, as well as explicitly stating in the MOTD that the choice to give warnings in this scenario are optional, and at officer discretion. This will make deadly force encounters more true to the real world while also more clearly defining when gov is allowed to shoot.

Why should we add it? - It’s a more accurate response, and exactly would occur if someone pulled out a gun out on a police officer without warning in a real world encounter. Mugging and other pre-existing FearRP rules will remain the same.

What are the advantages of having this? - Realism, and a reduction in force-related staff sits for shootings that common sense and real-world case law would permit.

Who is it mainly for? - Gov

Links to any content - N/A

I have also attached a video example from a long time ago that I believe nobody could seriously argue is unreasonable, to serve as a visual support for my suggestion. Thank you to the community and SMT for your consideration.

Edited by Synr.gg | Kessel

On 10/20/2022 at 2:24 PM, David said:

-Support

Ask him to put it down

what fun is that

+ Support on this we don't negotiate they are a threat to civilians and ourselves and they should be lit up like a Christmas tree

hrgh.png.10942ea4bb3b187095d78fb9bfaee34a.png

-Support

In the clip you shown he pulled a gun out on you and was a direct threat to you as you had no distance from him. I would shoot him in that same situation. 

the only problem I see is if this rule was put in I think people would always just jump to shooting and not RPING things out.

I feel it’s fine right now as it’s really up to the officer on what they deem necessary as every situation is different.

trumpo_signature.png

On 10/23/2022 at 9:02 PM, King said:

what fun is that

+ Support on this we don't negotiate they are a threat to civilians and ourselves and they should be lit up like a Christmas tree

PPD Commander

Delta Force Sergeant | HRT MSGT | FBI SAIC 
 USMS LSA

-support

he pulled a gun on you, that would require lethal force, its fine how it is now. no need to fix something that doesnt need fixed.

Ex FBI DCOS | Ex FTO Director | Ex HRT 1LT | Ex PPD Overseer | Forum Diplomat | PoliceRP Admin | Ex Event Team Co-Leader | SL Capo | Negev abuser

Former | State 1T | Lord III | PO2 | Imperial Senior Mod | GM3

Barret Deleter 28-7

On 10/24/2022 at 8:43 AM, Trumpo said:

-Support

In the clip you shown he pulled a gun out on you and was a direct threat to you as you had no distance from him. I would shoot him in that same situation. 

the only problem I see is if this rule was put in I think people would always just jump to shooting and not RPING things out.

I feel it’s fine right now as it’s really up to the officer on what they deem necessary as every situation is different.

On 10/24/2022 at 8:43 AM, Trumpo said:

-Support

Fully agree with this, with police RP expecially RP has been lacking i dont think this addition would add a significant bump in RP much the opposite

• 2 weeks later...