Loaf's Global Resignation

Loaff

Well, here I am. I really wish I wanted to stay, but it's just not there anymore. I don't have rose tinted glasses anymore like I did back in November when I got HOME. I've become jaded. I was never one to get very involved in what I'd call "server politics". Seemed a bit much for a gmod roleplay server. I loved Maintenance. Still do. Still think other branches, no matter what outward appearances may say, look down on it and Utility subconsciously, maybe even more. It's painful to see. To see so few in the meetings, around the server. No one has the magic anymore. I see a Maintenance member walking around, doing whatever, and it's just dull no matter what. It's like I have depression, but only on the server. Nothing has made me laugh on the server in months. 

Maybe it's just me, but the server has turned gray. It does not have its spark anymore. The updates make me feel nothing where excitement would normally lie. After a while, the gameplay got old. But that wasn't it. You can get tired of the gameplay after a month or two. It was the people. The friends I made on this server, ones I still keep in touch with even though they left. And there it is. I can't count how many people I know have left. For the overwhelming majority of my time here, it was for the people, not the game. 

Joined the server in 2019. Took a long break and came back around October 2020. 2 years, this run. 2 years. 2 years as maintenance total. Jameshi, the security coup man trained me, if anyone even remembers that anymore. 19 months as command. 14 months as Senior Admin alone. Staff for 18 total. Time as Senior Admin is 3.5x more than all my other ranks combined, isn't that something.

You may have taken notice that Spixe recently got DoL. You may draw the conclusion that his promotion coincides with my resignation. 1467408863_goldstar(1).png.7f462e6b75a1916709d1f52951dac4ac.png Here's a gold star. I'm not one to be ambiguous. I don't bullshit and pussyfoot. DoL was really the only thing I was holding out on. Even if I got it, what then? Wait another year or two in an even more boring job to be promoted to an even more boring job? Ask a Site Admin member that's had it for a decent amount of time. Hell, ask an O5. Maybe it was Sparkle, maybe Hoovy, I don't remember. What I do remember is them wondering why anyone would want O5. They said it was the most boring job ever.

Here's the part where I give the most inoffensive negative statement I can about a topic and still have to worry about whatever consequences our lords above, SMT may bring upon me. That's the state the server's come to, it's ridiculous. People are getting promoted WAAAAAAAAAAY too quick. Piller and Kevlar. 2 months from Lead Admin to SMT? What? I can think of some past SMT that would have some very choice words about that. Colta- oh wait, he got his tags taken for making a joke about the HUD 💀. Rookie, Igneous, Gamik. Hell, even Rektify. JMT has gotten out of control with their powers. I never said anything at the time because I still had things to lose. Kevlar spawning 3 SCP SWEPs every session. TAlila literally just deleting broken signs when they were failed. Telling me not to say OOC info in site comms after I place the broken sign back and tell him he doesn't get to cheat 💀. It's really sad to see server activity these days. Giveaways are thrown in as if they're air. Air the server needs to breathe, because without giveaways and all these mega events spiking player counts for a little bit the population would be nothing.

I'll do a player list bc why not, everyone does those. In no particular order. If you're not on here and you think you should be, there's a fair chance you should, and I just didn't think of you. If that's the case, I'm unironically sorry. Or I've already been talking to you about this. In that case, you know who you are. Also, this isn't necessarily a list of endearment, just a list of people I want to make notes about.

Sparkle: Maybe I'll join you because of my 5th paragraph even though it's just some light, candid criticism. Bullshit that you got blacklisted. One of, if not the the greatest superior I've had.

Ayaya & Techkat: I'm sorry to leave you two with this, but it's become a chore at this point. I hope you can pull maintenance up. 

Bit of a lackluster list, but I don't really care too much.

Oh yeah here's the REAL "I'm gonna get banned for saying this" part. Though I'm curious what reason they would get me for. Weiss. And Starstep. ZJ. On June 6, 2022, Paul, a now-retired D5 command member DM'd me. He gave me a medal clip, not deleted by the author, of ZJ clipping himself ingame. Again. On an alt account. Author of the clip is RankerZombie and everything. Clips himself being killed by security. You can clearly hear his voice and you know it's him that's ingame because of his typing. And, you know, the clip being from the same Medal account as his other infamous ban clips. I forwarded this to Weiss and Starstep. We were in a GC discussing it. All the discussion was in a call, however. After that day, Weiss said he would be handling it. Wait a few days. No ban on that steamID. Messaged Weiss on the 9th. Nothing. And here we are. 

Just a little tidbit there, (one of) ZJ's alts never got banned. Tbh they probably deemed it "inconclusive proof" or something like that. 

Edit: Not Star or Weiss' fault. SMT just didn't act.

nvm he was banned

Here's his SteamID: STEAM_0:1:658665165

Here's the clip: 

image.png.096b3fdb51fa7cd695487bf86fcc9c0d.png

Fellow Forum Diplomats: Keep an eye on the notifications tab. Maybe you'll see "Loaff has been given a warning by so-and-so."

And if I am banned for this, please give me the rule you had to stretch to say this isn't allowed.

Goodbye.

Edited by Loaff
he was banned
  • Sad 2
  • Gaminglight Love 2
  • Skull 1

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

Maybe after the 50th high-command resignation, siteadmin/SMT will realize somethings wrong with the server

• Like 3
  • Skull 8

biggest talila hater

The fact is, you can't react not knowing what the fact is. No need to grieve if you can't see diseases we've contracted. Happiness and truth, we simply view them through a lens, refracted. Life's a breeze if you leave uneasy deeds REDACTED.

Thanks for being real, sad to see you go but its understandable 

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

Yo, you gave me a great introduction to the server. I was being trained during my first like 20 minutes online, for maintenance. Boomer was training me, and then you walked in, played a door knocking sound, and shot him with a shotgun. Funniest shit ever. That first experience is one of the only reasons I actually continued playing the game.

see ya.

MAINTENANCE!!!! I LOVE MAINTENANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

image.png.1a58e8b93a831a69a9602377711b6321.png 

I was very proud of my nickname throughout high school but today- I couldn’t be any different to what my nickname was.

She felt that chill that makes the hairs on the back of your neck when he walked into the room.

He loved eating his bananas in hot dog buns.

• Like 2
  • Skull 1

Former Head of Janitorial | HCZ man geerlvl 70 life wizard | Roblox Clothing Designer 

As time wore on, simple dog commands turned into full paragraphs explaining why the dog couldn’t do something.

It was a really good Monday for being a Saturday.

Martha came to the conclusion that shake weights are a great gift for any occasion.

image.png.2f37c80ac14fd7dceea110aab42f6f8b.png

Edited by Eyelander

|retired dhor/meritorious service award recipient||former CI 1lt/sm and E4 C2||Rho 36 Shaman|
"For the day I die, imma touch the sky"

He didn't understand why the bird wanted to ride the bicycle.

She wasn't sure whether to be impressed or concerned that he folded underwear in neat little packages.

He appeared to be confusingly perplexed.

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

Thanks for your longtime dedication to the community Loaf, I’m sorry it’s ended in an unsatisfactory way. Been an honor to work beside you.

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

damn bro loaf and bread are gone, is toasty next 

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

Sucks to see you go mate. Good luck with whatever comes in the future! 

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png