cc2018_dc17ms_red aka DC-17M Sniper Rifle [Denied/Accepted]

Bellll

Hello, this VCMDR Scorch putting out a suggestion regarding the DC-17M Sniper Rifle.

cc2018_dc17ms_red [Current]

Accuracy - 1.15 Degrees 

Hip Fire Accuracy- 57.30 Degrees

Firerate - 75RPM

Mobility- 70%

Damage - 400

Stability - 57%

cc2018_dc17ms_red [Change we would like] aka Reverting back to how it was.

Accuracy - 0.06 Degrees 

Hip Fire Accuracy- 17.30 Degrees

Firerate - 75RPM

Mobility- 100%

Damage - 400

Stability - 57%

There reason behind it is for:

1. Since pykes literally have access to way more powerful weapons we could imagine aka T7 Ion's, T4"s, A820 Etc. There is no reason for them to think they can just roam around with little to no regard for their life and not to be counter sniped in way.

2. Since this random change happened without consulting IC command in any way, shape or form, we would like to have it reverted back and talk about changes later. Since it is completely opposite of how should we communicate one another about changes.

3. We are a literal paid battalion, it is already not easy to get to people to join us since we have another competing donor battalion I.E IQ., so this change quite hampered the way we could advertise ourselves as one of the best. we  commandos, do expect top of the line the Empire could provide to us, this random change did cause harm to IC and in fact more people unwilling to join Scout Snipers. [In fact they were already struggling to keep up with demolitions, so this change realistically  killed them or close to doing so and the last thing I want to witness is the downfall of one of IC's most competent Marksmen.]

4. The whole point of a sniper is for it to be accurate, no matter the damage or the RPM, if you remove that aspect or just make it redundant, then you can't even consider it a sniper in the first place since it's whole stick is to be accurate and powerful.

5. I've heard that that the drop and everything is affected by the wind or something, but let me make this clear. It is a  laser bolt, it is suppose to be going where you aimed and shot from without it being affected  unless a lightsaber user deflects it, that is it, it isn't a bullet, it is a laser bolt.

Looking forward towards responses.

-Scorch/Bell

Edited by Beckett
Grammar/Additional points to my suggestions.

+Support

As the Overseer of Scout Snipers, I am disappointed that despite always being told communication is key that a change was made without consulting any of IC command, especially the overseer of the Sub-Branch. This Sub-Branch is already overshadowed by Demolitions as they have always been more appealing due to their explosive access and RP opportunities and this change has further made people stray from Scout Snipers and leave it and IC as a whole. We want to keep both Sub-Branches balanced in terms of numbers and have equal opportunities but this decision has made our goal more unlikely now.
             -Sev 

Former IC Vice Commander Sev / Ex. Crimson squad lead LTCOL Reaper / Ex. 2x ARC Captain/JTAL/ Ex. Purge Major /  Ex. 2x Shock Captain/EJTAL / Former Naval Gunnery Officer / 3x Inferno NCO / Ex. DT 1st Lieutenant 

9 minutes ago, -Trace- said:

+Support

As the Overseer of Scout Snipers, I am disappointed that despite always being told communication is key that a change was made without consulting any of IC command, especially the overseer of the Sub-Branch. This Sub-Branch is already overshadowed by Demolitions as they have always been more appealing due to their explosive access and RP opportunities and this change has further made people stray from Scout Snipers and leave it and IC as a whole. We want to keep both Sub-Branches balanced in terms of numbers and have equal opportunities but this decision has made our goal more unlikely now.
             -Sev 

+Support I agree with what sev said

13 minutes ago, -Trace- said:

+Support

-Sev 

+Support
I completely agree. When it comes to taking down HVT's having the sniper rendered useless had been a large struggle. 

Current: Crimson CSVL 1LT 4560 Gren 

Edited by Silent_Phoenix

6 hours ago, -Trace- said:

+Support

-Sev 

+Support

Totally agree with what Sev said.

Edited by WebSter_Cze

Current: None

Former:  IC CSLD Captain Reaper | Star Fighter Corps Senior Group Captain And Gladius Squad Lead | Death Trooper First Lieutenant | Inferno Squad Squad Lead Gamemaster III & Senior Moderator

spacer.png

+ Support

After seeing the weapons broken and how they now operate, I strongly believe that
they need to be returned to their natural state before the Scout Snipers becomes a
dead sub-branch, which is not what we are trying to achieve.

On top of this, the criminals can buy an extensive amount of Overpowered weapons
to buy with little to no hassle, as they can afk mine and gain a large amount of money.
At this point the sniper class is completely rendered useless, as it serves no real purpose.

Please fix this issue.

CT - 9904 Crosshair | Former VCMDR 1207 Sev

Imperial Commando + Elite Squad

• Manager

The DC-17m Sniper (Red) deals 400 damage at an RPM of 75 (approx. 400 per second). There are currently 7 IC jobs that have access to this weapon, including job slots, a total of 18 players can use this weapon.

For the majority, 80-90% of the player count will be Imperial. Meaning, criminals and Pykes are given higher damage-dealing weaponry. Additionally, for criminals to use the T-7 it costs $150,000, for the T-4 it's $600,000, and it's not permanent - all Imperials respawn with the exact same weaponry with no loss, and criminals will lose their weapons if killed when equipped. For criminals to even afford these weapons, they have to spend more time playing the server and boosting our ranks.

Even with these powerful weapons, every time there is an attack/raid on the outpost/ISD the criminals/Pykes will lose every time, the weapons just give them enough time of surviving to make it fun/worthwhile. It's not IC Snipers vs criminals or IC vs criminals, it's Imperial vs criminals. Having 2-3 snipers able to eliminate a squad of Pykes/criminals is not what we are wanting to achieve.

During the initial release of the Pyke Syndicate, and after hearing verbal feedback throughout the day, multiple concerns were raised about the sniper. So, we nerfed it. Instead of changing RPM and damage, we reduced mobility and accuracy. If you hope to see the changes reverted to their original state, then consider reducing the number of jobs and players that can use it. If you want the original accuracy and mobility, then consider reducing the damage.

Even so, after testing the weapon in-game, we have decided to change the following stats (these are subject to change, we'll see how it goes):

Accuracy = 0.34°

Hip fire accuracy = 2.29°

• Thanks 1
  • Heart-Eyes 1

• Beckett changed the title to cc2018_dc17ms_red aka DC-17M Sniper Rifle [Denied/Accepted]