Tank Buff Suggestion [Accepted] [In Progress] [Completed]

Duncan  McOkiner

TL;DR information is underlined.

What do you want to see?: I'd like to see the main battle tank for the Tank Troopers be buffed.  (Note: I am not a Tank Trooper, I never have been a Tank Trooper, and I know very few people in that battalion. This suggestion was not made out of bias.)

Why should we add it?: As it stands, the tank is nigh useless in a realistic firefight. Numbers/Evidence is provided below.

What are the advantages of having this?: A tank does a wonderful job of adding another level of depth to an off-ship battle. There are lots of restrictions on tanks as it stands: They usually cannot spawn them during events, they must achieve a certain rank before being able to spawn the main battle tank, and there can only be one on the map at a time. With the introduction of the Pyke Syndicate, Tank Troopers have a huge responsibility to continuously guard Tattooine from them, and a proper main battle tank will help achieve that.

Who is it mainly for?: Technically, exclusively the Tank Troopers will have access to the tank. However, the immersion a tank provides to a true warzone affects everyone.

Links to any content: Tests located below, followed by a video of the tests. You don't have to watch the video if you don't really want, as the numbers are simply a synopsis of the content.

For the tests, note that I was on my 501st Heavy whitelist and have a few skill boosts, so I have 850 hp, 220 armor. I was stationary during the tests, which plays a huge factor as this is raw damage and does not account for the difficult aiming.

Driver's Seat Missiles: 13 hits; 40 seconds kill time. You must aim side-to-side to hit a stationary target, making these difficult to use with very little payoff.

Main Cannon: 16 hits; 1 minute 22 seconds kill time. Extremely unreliable/difficult aiming with a tiny blast radius. Note: It took so long that the footage was cut shy by one hit, but it did take 16 hits for the kill.

Auxiliary Machine Gun: 54 hits; 14 seconds. While difficult to hit moving targets due to the aiming system, this is by far the best option to use on the tank ... and it's a machine gun that still is hardly worth using.

Tank Health: ~1991 hits with a minigun, 2 minutes 49 seconds. In the clip shown, the tank was not destroyed. It was fairly close, however. This is the one good part of the tank.

VIDEO WARNING: SHELL SHOCK IS QUITE LOUD. I RECOMMEND REDUCING VOLUME.