Solid's Junior Command App

Solid Steps

Name: Solid

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:42560072

Current Rank: EXPR

Time in Research (Estimate): Total time? Around 3-4 weeks. This time around? 6-7 days.

Why do you believe you should be in Research Command?(100 word requirement): 

These questions always suck because there is no reason why I should be in research command, I'm not entitled to this nor is anyone else, to try and explain why I should is an insult to the people in it. I don't believe I should be in as much as I believe you would benefit from my presence in command and I have an urge to be in command. I feel research command would benefit from a heavily hands on person who does a lot of serious roleplay. I tend to stray away from combat and death in my tests in exchange for heavy roleplay (reference my upcoming SCP-280 test). 

What can you bring to the table that others can't? (100 word requirement):

The biggest thing that brings people to a branch and attaches them to it is an experience. Anyone can watch an SCP kill a D-Class, that's nothing special. When you're with a team of researchers observing how SCP-049 tracks down a D-Class through a 6th sense to turn him, that creates interest. I'm experienced in making these experiences and making them frequently. I have a lot of patience as well, I'm a tutor IRL and so sitting down with people and coaching them is something I'm comfortable and familiar with. Finally, I have a pride in my work that leads to a strive for success. Hand me pretty much anything and it won't be done to less than 100%. That's about it, besides that I'm just another writer who enjoys SCPs.

What would you do to better Research and increase activity? (100 word requirement):

My number one idea was 1 on 1 time with people to assist their writing and testing. I find that an interesting idea can lead to better writing by nature, it's a mental thing. I want to hold lessons on creating ideas and executing said ideas. My plans were either to do lecture style, scheduled "classes" on it in LCZ meeting room or to do small focus groups. These would primarily focus on JR/ARs and would work by informing them of SCPs they have clearance or can request clearance of, presenting them with hypothesis or test ideas for them to execute, and then finish off with an open floor questionnaire or perhaps a mass-test. The assistance with writing would be done primarily in focus groups. For this, I'll be requesting anyone that attends bring a previous test log for me to address, then it's a simple group participation thing. The class would end with people doing a sample writing. Admittedly, the writing class is a bit harder, but I feel with some minor pushes we can make a lot of progress.