Marcus Trial Moderator Application - Denied

ERWIN_TITAN

Marcus Trial Moderator Application  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Want for staff?.

• Hell nah im gucci.
    • Yeah, Chance given.

What is your in-game name?: Marcus ( MTF D5/Nu-7 PFC Marcus Logg )

What is your steam name?: [IFN] Marcus [SMOD]

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:63790717

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): Mathew Morales VEGA Conflict#4847

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) Yes, I was a senior moderator in a Serious RP Imperial Server for Icefuse. I was committed and professional with my roles as acting Senior Moderator. I took my sits seriously with fairness and reasonability. 

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly)

Roughly 2 Years Ago , Roughly in December I would say? It's quite difficult to remember.. 

What date did you make your forums account? - I have attempted on the forums account for a while but couldn't due to an error being given on both ends website and steam... I would have had a forums for 2 years but couldn't make one until this recent Friday at 12:37 AM..

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers? - 1 Total throughout the two years being on the server. It was accidental..

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc) - User.

Are you a staff member in another community? - No, I am not.

Have you read the staff handbook? - Yes, I have read the staff handbook, Extremely useful. Handful of information.

Timezone: Eastern Daylight Time (GMT-4)

What rank are you applying for? Trial Moderator

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)

- I believe I deserve this Opportunity because I would be the best I can be and and help players through whatever within my power possible whilst being quick and efficient. I believe I am friendly and fun to be around and I am most certainly dedicated in helping people and assisting in keeping the server a safe fun RP Environment for all to enjoy. I am able to respectfully punish those that fail to abide by the rules that the server has implemented. I have a clear understanding of the rules, I have moderated before and have a clear understanding what is and what's not allowed. I am calm and collected during situations and patient with people even the ones who cause the most trouble. I hear both sides of the story prior to implementing my decision as i seek fairness for all. I have respect for everyone and don't feel like I am a bad person at all on this server that I can be myself and enjoy the time spent with the community. I strongly believe I am ready for this rank. This application in no way was rushed and a lot of thought was put into this application. I feel that I could make a change in the server and really would like to be there for those who feel they've been misled or just wronged. I know how that feels IRL and in game. I wouldn't want anyone feeling that. No one should feel like they're cornered or cant speak to anyone. I have had the experience before and had to resign on good notice and it was due to financial issues in the real world. I just hope I can have a chance and help out as much as possible. The experiences I've endured involved multiple scenarios not just from RDM to Mass RDM but from Racism and Server Manipulation, from mic spamming with music or sounds appropriate or inappropriate I dealt with it according to the handbook and followed COC (Chain Of Command) if need be.. I enjoyed every bit of it because I dealt with those who made the server barely enjoyable. I really hope I can prove to you guys I am ready to be a part of the staff team and that I take this role seriously.. 

I appreciate your time in reading this application and hope you have a blessed day. 

Thank you,

Marcus.

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

A1: I believe that everyone has a story that needs to be heard regardless. That does not change the outcome of the decision considering the situation at hand. MASS RDMing is not tolerated and I will allow the individual to explain and be heard rather than not. I will have patience with the individual at hand and won't stoop to their level. I would then call a Mod+ for assistance or COC (Chain Of Command) for a proper punishment to be held likely.

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation? 

A2: I would be calm, try to calm everyone else down and try to allow stories at one time to get a clear picture. I would attempt to calm everyone down, If such does not work. I would gag all but one to hear their side. One at a time because I want to rule out the wrong... I would use that as a last resort. Then assess the situation at hand and issue the proper punishments to the individual at hand.

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving? 

A3: If a player is not clearly caring about the rules and so-forth it is clear to me i must go through the COC to figure the best punishment for the individual. I would legitimately try everything in my power as a Trial Moderator to enhance the punishments incurred by the individual for the respective punishments in the handbook. If no punishments work to alleviate the trouble on the server I would follow COC to find the appropriate punishment that I myself cannot hand out but high seniority can. 

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?

- (NOT CHOSEN)

steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.jpg

Edited by ERWIN_TITAN

image.png.e1876252b92779926ef4ddb97297fcb2.png

- No forum activity

+ Application looks ok

- Never seen you before 

+ Scenarios look ok

Remaining Neutral this is nothing against you as a player this is what I am looking at from your app but best of luck nonetheless

Edited by MichaelWebb100
Vote change
  • Thanks 1

I have been on for the longest 2 years ago  and had become homeless back then and finally are settling in.. That's why I have no forum also because I was struggling to find a way to be on the forums with the errors i've been given in website and in steam, a lot of time and effort was put into this application... Took me at least a good hour and a half. I also didn't know about the poll which is now added. I have been very active recently too. I am surprised I have not ran into you ❤️ I hope to run into you sooner than later !

Edited by ERWIN_TITAN

image.png.e1876252b92779926ef4ddb97297fcb2.png

+Support 

Even though I have never interacted with you since I'm from ImperialRP I still think this is a well-done application he has experience as well as he knows how to handle the sits accordingly also, I always say this if you don't know something you can learn to be better in the future this is why I will give you my +Support.

!!{GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR APPLICATION}!!

Edited by Iceberkk
  • Thanks 1

| Former: IQ Eighth Brother | Former: IQ Ninth Sister | Former: Junior Managment Team | Former Head Game Master |
rogue one GIF by Star Wars

On 9/18/2022 at 1:27 PM, MichaelWebb100 said:

- No forum activity

+ Application looks ok

- Never seen you before 

+ Scenarios look ok

Remaining Neutral this is nothing against you as a player this is what I am looking at from your app but best of luck nonetheless

Same ^ 

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

On 9/18/2022 at 7:27 PM, MichaelWebb100 said:

- No forum activity

+ Application looks ok

- Never seen you before 

+ Scenarios look ok

Former: SeniorMod - Security CPT - Research RAM RHH Guardian Alpha 99-Agent Purple Rain

CCs: Kosher Inspectors - Security Black Ops - The Jokerz - Nobody

522575323_onepieceforums.png.98e609e9ad63d4c4031c515873bebb7e.png

On 9/18/2022 at 7:27 PM, MichaelWebb100 said:

- No forum activity

+ Application looks ok

- Never seen you before 

+ Scenarios look ok

Denied

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided not to accept you for staff. This can be because of your application, experience, behavior, feedback, or other unstated reasons. You may re-apply in 1 week.

EX Head Of Staff SCP-RP | CI will forever be in my heart. 1/15/21 - 8/1/22 (CI CMDR Cosmic ITLY)