MTF Helicopter, CI Van - Denied

Proximo

General Suggestions: 

Post name: “General Suggestion - Blackhawk|Van or another vehicle

What are you suggesting? - I am suggesting we add an  LFS Helicopter that E11 can use for travel around the map or to pick up other MTF, deploy quickly, ETC. Also adding an CI van like in the game. This CI van would be the same as the helicopter

An rule to go along with the Van and helicopter is that if the Helicopter gets destroyed they must wait 45 mins to redeploy it. Same with the van [all of this can be changed]

How would this change better the server? - It would make people more ecstatic to play the server and surface an little more interesting

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - It could lag the server so to counter this it shouldn't be allowed to use above 100+ players [90+ if its really bad]

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Ci and MTF

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2556384815&searchtext=LFS+Transport

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1688418920&searchtext=Chaos+van

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2655654693&searchtext=Van

Any of these could be used or another addon SMT would like to use this is just an general idea I added restrictions that should reduce lag ETC but SMT can edit them as they see fit if this is accepted

Sorry to edit this but just wanted to say this can be implemented in the future it doesnt have to be this year!!

Edited by Proximo

Former E11 Captain, D5 Sergeant, V1 [EOI], CI LT,  and Nu7 LT
Current E11 LCPL|Riot Shield Abuser|Cloak hater

+support

fuck it lets crash the E-11 helicopter into SCP-682

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

These could be cool but we should wait and sort of "stress test" Site 13 a little more before going crazy with vehicles.

-Support for right now, though this could be great in the future

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

15 hours ago, Nydekore said:

These could be cool but we should wait and sort of "stress test" Site 13 a little more before going crazy with vehicles.

Agreed!

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

+support

Give Nu7 a Bradley!

• Like 1

Current: 

Former: | RRH Sierra 47 | | E11 LCPL | | MJ | | AR | | Gensec SM | | CI SFC | | CI IA | | M | | Nu7 DHFE Lieutenant Colonel | | HTF A4 Z Viper A4 | | AH1Z Viper |

SCP-RP: | Former staff: 6/18/21 -> 11/18/21| | Staff 2x 2/26/22 -> 10/28/22 | | Joined: Apr, 2021~ |

23 hours ago, Nydekore said:

-support we don't need vehicle on this server in my opinion,  It will just cause more lag in surface 

-Support 

This addition would kill activity for one of the other branches, Not to mention and influx of players directing themselves to drive vehicles so they join the branches with them, Any branches without won't.

𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒮𝒞𝒫-𝑅𝒫 𝐸𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒯𝑒𝒶𝓂 𝐿𝑒𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓇
𝐼𝓂𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒾𝒶𝓁-𝑅𝒫 𝒢𝑒𝓃𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 / 𝟤𝟫𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓎 - 𝟨𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝒜𝓊𝑔𝓊𝓈𝓉
𝐻𝒶𝓋𝑜𝒸 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒾𝑜𝓇 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 / 𝟨𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝐹𝑒𝒷𝓇𝓊𝒶𝓇𝓎 - 𝟤𝟫𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓎
𝐸𝓍-𝒵𝑒𝓊𝓈 𝒢𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒮𝓊𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒶𝒹𝓂𝒾𝓃 / 𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝑜𝓈 𝐼𝓃𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓎 𝒞𝑜𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓁

+ support

this would be good if it's implemented properly

Current : SEC JFTO 2LT Mean WD Tessarius Flavia MAGI

Former RND HFTO ARCH Mean / V1 Griffith I / CI 2LT Mean  / E-11 DoCE MSGT Mean / RRH Analyst X ray 23 D5 DHFTO 2LT Mean MTF G9 Jötunn GD4 

-support

Server pretty laggy as is rn with people outright clipping into walls and stuff. LFS is pretty performance intensive which is why on ImperialRP people are not allowed to fly ships at 90+ players (at least back when I played a few months ago). While I think the suggestion is cool, it'd just make our performance situation even worse. Also, a helicopter would honestly not get used as much considering how long it'd take to take off & land the helicopter at Gate A/B compared to walking. Helicopters worked great on MilitaryRP cause the whole focus of there was surface and they had a base to take off from, providing cover from snipers which was a big thing to deal with while also not having nearly as many custom scripts to deal with. 

Conclusion: Too performance intensive for something that won't see much actual use.

Former SCPRP: CI R&D Chief Director of Operations || Research Administrator || RFA Operations Advisory || RRH Analyst Xray 77 || CI General || Senior Event Team || CI Lieutenant Commander || Exemplary Investigator Award Recipient || STF D4 Poseidon PL7 || A1 SPC "Quantum"

Former ImperialRP: Naval Captain || Security Director || GM VI 

Former PoliceRP:  EMS Captain || RRU Rapid Response Team Manager || FBI Assistant Director 

+ Support

This is a really cool idea. I love the idea that I could go to surface with some wardens and be able to drive a jeep or some other vehicle around. I think it would be awesome actually getting on a helicopter during code Nuke. I think seeing E-11 and CI driving around and seeing each other, stopping, getting out of their vehicles and starting combat. These would all be awesome opportunities for fun and rp on the server.

I also totally understand where everyone else is coming from with the lag concerns. I know that having any amount of vehicles on the server will add some amount of lag. I think if they found the right LFS vehicles and limited them with player count (below 100 players) and # of vehicles (2-3 max and only spawned by Super Admin+) that they would work just fine on the server.

Overall a great suggestion that I would love to see added to the server.

TLDR: Great idea for rp. Will cause a little lag but that can be sorted by limited spawn ability/# of vehicles/no vehicles above 100 players.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2022 at 12:44 AM, Nydekore said:

you stole my words

An unknown minge who plays every job
gorulla
Pbs Nature Gorilla GIF by Nature on PBS

[Neutral]  Sorry man, but we gotta stress test it first but if it was and it worked well then I would do a +1, but  if the server crashes consistently because some MTF guy wants to fly a funny helicopter then ill be sad!

Edited by Solozealot

-support not even just from the lag, the size of all of these addons combined is 330MB and most of that space is taken up by unnecessary bases, models and code that isn't used for just two vehicles. I have no real opinion on the suggestion itself, but 330MB just to add two vehicles is wasteful.

Denied. The SCP-RP SMT has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl ||