Ban appeal- Accepted

McBonk

1. Steam Name: mcbonk

2. Ingame Name: Oj muhammed

3. SteamID:STEAM_0:0:62209754

4. Ban Length: 7 days i think

5. Admin that Banned you: firekirby

6. Reason for Ban: racism 

7. Dispute: I was talking to my my friends and the dt commander and a couple other people, I guess the DT vice commander didnt like my joke then waited till 6 am after I logged to ban me. I have screenshots of messages of him threating me to make a appeal.

Screenshot 2022-09-04 232301.png

Threatening you? I was telling you an option you had.

I didn’t “wait” to ban you, I was given a clip by another player.

Making racist “jokes” are not tolerated.

I’ll send the clip in here when I get home.

• Laughing 1

Retired GL Member (R DT CPT DM8)

7 Year Forum Account + Long-Standing GL Supporter

Former: Death Trooper Vice Commander (Unit TI-23 Overseer), 501st ARC Chip, Unit TI-23 Medic M36, Seeker Company SGT SN04, 69th SSGT Chip, Admin/GMVII

star wars animation GIF

+ support 

don't think command or Admins should be acting like this. Commets like this makes the admin/command member look very unprofessional also waited 3 hours to ban the player after he got offline? I know this guy and I feel who ever made the report miss understood what he was saying. also if he didn't make a report until after that fact why not confront the issue or make a report while he was present he had a whole 3 hours to do so. also DT commander was there if it was a true issue i don't see why he is laughing then? might as well and ban everyone there for laughing at a joke.

also I feel like telling someone "I'm going to have another admin ban your dumb ass" is not giving someone a option and also sounds threating 

Edited by mrbutt

Purge COL, leeroy jankins, ST PVT Grim jr, Purge HVYSL, 

1 minute ago, Firekirby said:

Threatening you? I was telling you an option you had.

I didn’t “wait” to ban you, I was given a clip by another player.

Making racist “jokes” are not tolerated.

I’ll send the clip in here when I get home.

Saying we'll have another admin to ban your dumbass" doesnt sound like you giving me a option.

Sounds more like a threat.

CLIP:

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/zcjbO6OpuhcVt/d1337yyc9fte?invite=cr-MSxhZ3UsNjk3OTg5ODYs

18 minutes ago, McBonk said:

Saying we'll have another admin to ban your dumbass" doesnt sound like you giving me a option.

Sounds more like a threat.

I was referring to future incidents with you. I don’t like racism and racist people.

Edited by Firekirby
  • Dislike 1

Former: Death Trooper Vice Commander (Unit TI-23 Overseer), 501st ARC Chip, Unit TI-23 Medic M36, Seeker Company SGT SN04, 69th SSGT Chip, Admin/GMVII

star wars animation GIF

Big -SUPPORT

It is VERY clear what your intention was with the "joke" you made. Here's what I think happened, you made an extremely off-color and racist joke and expected people to laugh, and now it's a culture shock to realize that people aren't the biggest fan of open racism like what you portrayed. You screwed up, made a very clearly racist joke, and now you don't want to serve your punishment. Accept what you did, whether you think you deserve the punishment what you did was openly racist and justice was served. 

• Like 1
  • Skull 1

Retired GL Member "Dark"

Previous: Seeker Company Sergeant DT SN04 / S33, DT V07 (TI-23 Unit Marksman) TI-23 Unit Squad Leader F16, DT Vice Commander BR0/TI-23 Overseer UNO, Nova Vice Commander Battle, MOD Dark

13 minutes ago, darkstarson12 said:

Big -SUPPORT

It is VERY clear what your intention was with the "joke" you made. Here's what I think happened, you made an extremely off-color and racist joke and expected people to laugh, and now it's a culture shock to realize that people aren't the biggest fan of open racism like what you portrayed. You screwed up, made a very clearly racist joke, and now you don't want to serve your punishment. Accept what you did, whether you think you deserve the punishment what you did was openly racist and justice was served. 

Or I made a normal joke which people laughed at including DT commander, maybe you are just taking everything really far by making these extreme accusations. I don't like people who use power to threaten and try to label people in hopes they just stay down. What justice is severed by banning someone for a joke. If it was such a big deal why did the ban wait 4 hours and not when the incident happened.

Edited by McBonk
  • Skull 1

+Support

So, this whole situation makes no sense.
If this is "clear racism" why wasn't it reported right then and there? Why screen record, wait a few hours THEN report it? Seems like you were unsure whether it was racism or a joke, based off that shows that it can be seen as a joke. In the clip you can see there was plenty of people around including a commander. If it was so serious and obvious it should've been dealt with on the spot, if you had read the rules on Gaminglight's position on racism. In Mcbonk's screenshot, for you all to say that is not a threat, how else can it be received? As a "resigned" staff member, you should've used your knowledge as thus, and had explained the situation or referred him to making a ban appeal, however it was met with hostility. "Have another admin ban your ass" So you are attempting to try him twice for the same "crime"? Very unbecoming and even if you meant it as a "well i will let them know of your behavior" you are attempting to paint a target on his back, which should've been squashed with the prior ban.
In the clip McBonk's joke can be received in many ways, however instead of getting a due justice of a sit or any kind of explanation all he was met with is "well you're a racist and I hate racists". "Well he was offline blah blah blah." Well, maybe you should've reported it on the spot like a proper Gaminglight member who hates racism so much. Or perhaps message him on discord or such to alert him of his ban and the reason, screenshot and save for evidence. No warns, no sit, no explanation, even if it was clear violation of rules, you have procedures as a STAFF member. As he was confused on the reason for a ban, getting hostile comments in return during his confusion just shows unprofessionalism.
Another thing that bothers me is Racism is an all round staff issue, however it was recorded by a DT, kept in a vault for 2-3 hours, then shown to a DT staff member. Why not report it on the spot? Why wait hours? This whole situation is confusing, whether you think he deserved the punishment or what not, is not up for you to decide, this is a Ban Appeal forum hosted for the higher ups decision, bringing your personal feelings in here as the previous people commented above just shows more unprofessionalism.

Edited by Shaq
  • Heart-Eyes 1

I Former Purge HVYAL LTCOL Shaq I I Former 501st LTCOL Shaq I

I Abyss Trooper I ~F.A.D~  

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Shaq said:

+Support

If this is "clear racism" why wasn't it reported right then and there? Why screen record, wait a few hours THEN report it? Seems like you were unsure whether it was racism or a joke, based off that shows that it can be seen as a joke. In the clip you can see there was plenty of people around including a commander. If it was so serious and obvious it should've been dealt with on the spot, if you had read the rules on Gaminglight's position on racism. In Mcbonk's screenshot, for you all to say that is not a threat, how else can it be received? As a "resigned" staff member, you should've used your knowledge as thus, and had explained the situation or referred him to making a ban appeal, however it was met with hostility. "Have another admin ban your ass" So you are attempting to try him twice for the same "crime"? Very unbecoming and even if you meant it as a "well i will let them know of your behavior" you are attempting to paint a target on his back, which should've been squashed with the prior ban.
In the clip McBonk's joke can be received in many ways, however instead of getting a due justice of a sit or any kind of explanation all he was met with is "well you're a racist and I hate racists." As he was confused on the reason for a ban, getting hostile comments in return during his confusion just shows unprofessionalism.
Another thing that bothers me is Racism is an all round staff issue, however it was recorded by a DT, kept in a vault for 2-3 hours, then shown to a DT staff member. WHy not report it on the spot? Why wait hours? This whole situation is confusing, whether you think he deserved the punishment or what not, is not up for you to decide, this is a Ban Appeal forum hosted for the higher ups decision, bringing your personal feelings in here as the previous people commented above just shows more unprofessionalism.

I did explain it, his screenshot cut off the rest. The dude comes into MY DMs and gets upset at me for the ban, despite the fact that a report was made later and I cannot control that. As said prior, I’m referring to future incidents with him , I would never ask someone to ban for the same incident if it was already removed by SMT, how does that make any sense? #1 Literally no one on the staff team would do that in that position, #2 that message was completely separate from the one regarding an appeal. Clip shows clear racism and I have no obligation to be “professional” to someone who tracked down my DMs and is being rude about the situation. 

• Skull 1

star wars animation GIF

8 minutes ago, Shaq said:

+Support

In the clip McBonk's joke can be received in many ways, however instead of getting a due justice of a sit or any kind of explanation all he was met with is "well you're a racist and I hate racists". "Well he was offline blah blah blah." Well, maybe you should've reported it on the spot like a proper Gaminglight member who hates racism so much. Or perhaps message him on discord or such to alert him of his ban and the reason, screenshot and save for evidence. No warns, no sit, no explanation, even if it was clear violation of rules, you have procedures as a STAFF member. As he was confused on the reason for a ban, getting hostile comments in return during his confusion just shows unprofessionalism.
Another thing that bothers me is Racism is an all round staff issue, however it was recorded by a DT, kept in a vault for 2-3 hours, then shown to a DT staff member. Why not report it on the spot? Why wait hours? This whole situation is confusing, whether you think he deserved the punishment or what not, is not up for you to decide, this is a Ban Appeal forum hosted for the higher ups decision, bringing your personal feelings in here as the previous people commented above just shows more unprofessionalism.

fax

Imperial RP 

Staff: EX. Senior Admin, Forums Diplomat, September 2021 Staff of the Month

RP: First Commander Second Sister, Ex Ninth Sister, Eighth Brother, and SF SL 

4 minutes ago, Firekirby said:

I did explain it, his screenshot cut off the rest. The dude comes into MY DMs and gets upset at me for the ban, despite the fact that a report was made later and I cannot control that. As said prior, I’m referring to future incidents with him , I would never ask someone to ban for the same incident if it was already removed by SMT, how does that make any sense? #1 Literally no one on the staff team would do that in that position, #2 that message was completely separate from the one regarding an appeal. Clip shows clear racism and I have no obligation to be “professional” to someone who tracked down my DMs and is being rude about the situation. 

I tried to message you first as I didn't want to make a big deal only when you threatened me did I make the post. 

Screenshot 2022-09-05 005244.png

1 minute ago, McBonk said:

I tried to message you first as I didn't want to make a big deal only when you threatened me did I make the post. 

Screenshot 2022-09-05 005244.png

“Threatened” lmao l, ok

star wars animation GIF

2 minutes ago, Firekirby said:

“Threatened” lmao l, ok

"we'll have another admin ban your dumbass" I don't know what you perceive to be a threat but that kind of sounds like one to me.

• Like 1

Imperial RP 

Staff: EX. Senior Admin, Forums Diplomat, September 2021 Staff of the Month

RP: First Commander Second Sister, Ex Ninth Sister, Eighth Brother, and SF SL 

1 minute ago, killuabz said:

"we'll have another admin ban your dumbass" I don't know what you perceive to be a threat but that kind of sounds like one to me.

As said prior, referring to future incidents. Racist people are hard to change.

star wars animation GIF

Clearly your making your self look very unprofessional by continuing to replay let the SMT decide and leave comments to a low this is not to argue back and forth its a form to take matters into someone else's hand. seeing as you have the most comments on this post it dose not make you look good. be the bigger person you keep making excuses on how your aren't  wrong for trying to flaunt off your power trip the fact is let the forms handle it like every other admin/command member. this is NOT how admin-SMT would handle this situation. your also making your battalion look bad by ganging up with other DT the DT waited 3 hours just to take it to DT command that happens to be an admin. then u banned after that again why not report as soon as it happen if it was so offensive to you.  

Edited by mrbutt

Purge COL, leeroy jankins, ST PVT Grim jr, Purge HVYSL, 

2 hours ago, mrbutt said:

waited 3 hours to ban the player after he got offline?

For clarity and brevity sake; Staff aren't awake 24/7 to deal with bans. If the people that are able to ban aren't available then it gets routed up via discord and the correct rank of staff member will get to it whenever it is possible. To be clear - this wouldn't be an issue if he didn't break the rules.

If you're going to continue making claims about how someone is staffing, make a staff report. This isn't the place for it. Anymore petty comments or arguing will result in them being hidden and ultimately this thread being locked.

Follow the forum rules and act like adults.

Thank you,
Senior Diplomat Crunch

(ps your reactions will just make me lock this quicker 😁🥱)

Edited by Crunch
  • Heart-Eyes 1
  • Dislike 1

i am always correct and will always be better than you

#JusticeForTrojan #SlideForRacc #:3

Former: Imperial High Command | Deathtrooper Senior CommanderSenior Admin | Senior Forum Diplomat | Support Member

10 minutes ago, Crunch said:

For clarity and brevity sake; Staff aren't awake 24/7 to deal with bans. If the people that are able to ban aren't available then it gets routed up via discord and the correct rank of staff member will get to it whenever it is possible. To be clear - this wouldn't be an issue if he didn't break the rules.

If you're going to continue making claims about how someone is staffing, make a staff report. This isn't the place for it. Anymore petty comments or arguing will result in them being hidden and ultimately this thread being locked.

Follow the forum rules and act like adults.

Thank you,
Senior Diplomat Crunch

I definitely agree with Crunch this is not the kind of place for this situations you guys need to definitely follow the rules/guidelines of the server as well as the forum rules and if there is a complaint with a staff member you can get in contact with a JMT or SMT to handle the situation accordingly.

Edited by Iceberkk

| Former: IQ Eighth Brother | Former: IQ Ninth Sister | Former: Junior Managment Team | Former Head Game Master |
rogue one GIF by Star Wars

3 hours ago, darkstarson12 said:

Big -SUPPORT

I do also fully agree with what Daze said as well. Going onto what I think for this appeal is that you made a joke that people didn’t laugh at while you thought it was funny. Easy fix: don’t make jokes regarding the color of a person or armor, this will help in you not getting more bans. I’ve also had experience with people saying racist jokes and thinking it’s ok. Think of the lesson we all learn as kids, if you don’t think it’s good to say out loud, keep it to yourself.

Currently: PoliceRP Super Admin / JMT, Senior Forum Diplomat, PD MAJ 1L93, EMS Chief Car 1, FBI AD RA13, HRT CPT LC2, SRT MAJ 1X33, State LT 1H11, SL Underboss (Co-Leader)

Ex ImperialRP: Super Admin / JMT and Senior Forum Diplomat, DT VCMDR RU8/ TI-23 L21, 69th/ MC VCMDR and first ever ParaRescue Lead Marshal and last Rescue Squadron Marshal, Lord I, Purge CPL, IC CSVL SSS DME 2LT Maroon, Shock SPC/ SGT/ MSGT, K2S8 SK385, Pyke Muscle II JSR RussTime

DMs are always open (russtime)

7 hours ago, RussTime said:

I do also fully agree with what Daze said as well. Going onto what I think for this appeal is that you made a joke that people didn’t laugh at while you thought it was funny. Easy fix: don’t make jokes regarding the color of a person or armor, this will help in you not getting more bans. I’ve also had experience with people saying racist jokes and thinking it’s ok. Think of the lesson we all learn as kids, if you don’t think it’s good to say out loud, keep it to yourself.

10 hours ago, darkstarson12 said:

Big -SUPPORT

Now: Naval Captain Wolf|  Mark's Son (<-mom)| Security Directors/Agent Kallus|

Former: Shock VCMDR/Lt Col. IF Moderator X2 | Gamemaster tic 3 and tic 5 | IC Maj Wolf | Naval Lieuenant x2 | Ted's Son| Bon`s favorite | IC Maroon/Volt 

ACCEPTED

Please allow up to 2 hours before your account is unbanned. If you wait 2 hours and no unban has occurred, please contact one of the servers Head Admin's

• Like 1

ImperialRP SMT & Head Admin

Former Marshal Commander