Increase limb damage modifier - Denied

1stSavagerY

What are you suggesting? - Increasing the limb damage modifier from .25 to .6-.7, maybe even .75

How would this change better the server? - PvP currently is hit or miss as you can unload 2 mags into someone and do like 50 damage either due to hitreg or to rng by only hitting limb shots.  Even so, hitting someone in the arm with a barret shouldn't do 40-50 damage.  I have talked to a bunch of people in different branches and everyone I have talked to has agreed that the current limb modifier is way too low for how the server's combat works, and it's currently the main thing holding back the server when it comes to combat.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - It would make pvp much more enjoyable for everyone as shooting someone even on an arm or leg would do damage

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Everyone

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Edited by 1stSavagerY

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

+ Support

Combat currently feels far too RNG in most situations, even if you get the drop on someone you might just die anyway due to it being 80+ players on and the hitreg+lag making all your shots register as limbs, effectively nuking your damage to joke levels.

This also hurts shotguns disproportionately, as aiming even slightly towards shoulder level combined with previous factors and the gun being a spread of many low damage pellets makes CQC king guns do squirt gun damage, and its frankly embarrassing to see on the deathcard sometimes. 

Even if .6-.7 is too high, try .5 and go from there just to see how it feels.

CI DHHS SFTO 1LT Vivaldi
RRH Guardian Victor 42
S7 Hammer VII

@Orange 🍊 lmao check this out.

13 minutes ago, 1stSavagerY said:

limb damage modifier

Im 90% sure this is controlled within each player model's QC file code right, models can have fucked up designs where they don't specify what's a leg or arm etc, Yeah im sure they will 100% go through all the models to fix that... Love to see them accept this one lmao. Also aren't you the person who just suggested a dmg multiplier buff? Jesus.
 Jean Claude Van Damme Reaction GIF

Edited by Coltable

5 minutes ago, Coltable said:

Im 90% sure this is controlled within each player model's QC file code right, models can have fucked up designs where they don't specify what's a leg or arm etc, Yeah im sure they will 100% go through all the models to fix that... Love to see them accept this one lmao. Also aren't you the person who just suggested a dmg multiplier buff? Jesus.

get this guy a true

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Coltable said:

@Orange 🍊 lmao check this out.

This I do not think has been specified before but it's very informative, thank you.

Edited by 1stSavagerY

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Maybe there's an easier way to edit the coding of this instead of going into each individual model?  I am not acquainted with coding so I'm not sure if this is possible

6 minutes ago, Domo775 said:

damn it sounds like this guy is trying to harm the server 

More like saving them the time and energy of trying to fix this lmao XD
Ex On The Beach Flirt GIF by MTV Nederland

10 minutes ago, 1stSavagerY said:

Maybe there's an easier way to edit the coding of this instead of going into each individual model?  I am not acquainted with coding so I'm not sure if this is possible

https://wiki.facepunch.com/gmod/GM:ScalePlayerDamage This here is how you'd target such scaling damage towards the players models but again you run into the issue that most shitty models on the server use fucked up badly designed models that don't tell the code what body parts are what, resulting in a mix of good/bad models. Only fix is to go through them and change them all BUT if you do that you'd actually hurt the server/time to kill more as by fixing the limb damage on these models all your doing is making them die slower....... which is exactly what you dont want and its the reason i never put limb damage on dclass bc security would have a shit fest complaining about how "Buff" they are now. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Coltable said:

https://wiki.facepunch.com/gmod/GM:ScalePlayerDamage This here is how you'd target such scaling damage towards the players models but again you run into the issue that most shitty models on the server use fucked up badly designed models that don't tell the code what body parts are what, resulting in a mix of good/bad models. Only fix is to go through them and change them all BUT if you do that you'd actually hurt the server/time to kill more as by fixing the limb damage on these models all your doing is making them die slower....... which is exactly what you dont want and its the reason i never put limb damage on dclass bc security would have a shit fest complaining about how "Buff" they are now. 

Ahh I see.  What would it look like if the limb damage modifier was removed altogether?  Would that fix it or would that just result in more issues in the future or just break pvp?

Edited by 1stSavagerY

49 minutes ago, Coltable said:

It's stuff like this that makes me feel hopeless for the future of GL. 

We are locked out of basic optimization that could massively help if tweaked but the way the server was built makes it impossible. Now the only thing we could possibly change is numbers and sliders in TFA menus.

+support if the development team is actually willing to put this through.

Shits fucked, man.

😔

19 hours ago, LilThinMints said:

-support

hit the head💀

-support

hit the head 💀

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

On 8/29/2022 at 8:34 PM, 1stSavagerY said:

Ahh I see.  What would it look like if the limb damage modifier was removed altogether?  Would that fix it or would that just result in more issues in the future or just break pvp?

If I understand what you're saying with this, then all the damage on the server that is dealt will be equivalent to a headshot's damage. It would definitely take a lot of the fun out of PvP

1 hour ago, Starstep said:

If I understand what you're saying with this, then all the damage on the server that is dealt will be equivalent to a headshot's damage. It would definitely take a lot of the fun out of PvP

that’s not what i mean.  headshots should definitely do more than body shots but what i mean is that being shot in the limb shouldn’t do nothing compared to a body shot like it currently is.

• Like 1