Script/Plugin Addition Suggestion: Aura's LFS Overhaul [Accepted] [In Progress] [Completed]

LuckyDucky

What do you want to see?:

I am suggesting an overhaul to our current LFS System, via Aura's LFS Overhaul. It adds in multiple ever so needed quality of life changes to help not only our pilots, but also our engineer operators by fixing things such as blaster damage to vehicles, making it a lot more realistic in terms of small arms doing little to no damage to tanks and aircraft, as well as HUD updates to make gameplay more immersive and informative to the player.

Why should we add it?: 

This addition helps to make gameplay for pilots and engineers more appealing and overall more functional. As a long time pilot, I can personally say as far as LFS goes we are still very much so within the stone age. Some of the major benefits I will quickly list below

In-flight HUD with Throttle monitor, Altitude meter, and pitch scroller

Voice line / sound interactions for certain things happening, such as shields running out, shields back to max, health below 50%, primary or secondary ammo depleted, ship health at 0, and enemy ship activating (engine turning on)

Blasters do less damage to LFS vehicles, as would be more realistic, a ship shooting another ship would do a lot of damage, a small blaster would not do much, also this will allow for people to make special ion rounds for LFS vehicles to do more damage

Alert menu for important information such as ship health percent shown below 50%, and ammo or shields depleted

Crosshair update to show friend ship pilot names so you can tell who is flying what, distance meter and visual effect for targeted ship (ship target designated by ship pointing towards, or crosshair over a ship)

Added feature to allow players to roll with their vehicles, so if your vehicle turns left or right rolling, the camera rolls with it, so you can have realistic flight simulation in vehicles

Feature that shows admins and superadmins when a player changes an LFS property, such as AI team, or HP or anything like that, so now staff can know who (except other staff) has changed values, this can be used to see what player turned on a vehicle AI and catch minges, ect.

A mini radar to the HUD of vehicles, this can be disabled obviously, but it is useful to tell when you have ships on your tail, or you just like to see the fighting from the not so safety of your ship

New context menu settings menu! Hold C and hit Aura's LFS Settings to change it to your preferences

Alert for when you have hostile AI on your tail, no more useless evasion when no one is even chasing you, now you can know if there are hostiles

HP and shield bars as well as text boxes so you can really tell just how close you are to death!

Config for superadmins, if you are a server owner, you can use the command !lfsConfig (caps don't matter) you can disable any settings clients can control, but for the whole playerbase, you can also disable a couple other settings for admin notifications, and damage changes

What are the advantages of having this?: Now I know a common complaint will be "But this could cause server lag!", however I have seen this HUD used on servers similar to our size and with a similar tick rate and overall, its not all that different. In conclusion I believe this is the perfect addition to give our pilots more immersive flying and overall make it a lot better.

Who is it mainly for?: Pilots / Vehicle Operators / Engineers

Links to any content: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2049972569&searchtext=LFS+Overhaul

(Edit: The blaster damage part can be removed/tampered with. This would overall be helpful for CAS when used but for blowing up the TIES not in use, I can see where there is conflict. Again it’s removable)

Edited by LuckyDucky

Current: Gladius Squadron Lead
Former: Nova NT06 

+Support
If this addon works, it would be a serious improvement to the current system. SF/ENG's would have vast quality of life improvements and it may even help to draw more attention/allure to the effected units/sub branches.

| RETIRED GENERAL OF THE IMPERIAL ARMY |
| FIRST EVER IMPERIAL GOVERNOR || Former 501st "Vader's Fist" Legion Commander || Former Senior Commander || Former SF Crimson || Former IF Agent Lone Six |
| Former Imperial RP Senior Administrator || Former Senior Forums Diplomat || Former Imperial RP Gamemaster VII || Retired 501st VCMDR |
season 1 duel of the droids GIF by Star Wars

23 hours ago, Firekirby said:

-support

Imma be honest man.

I’ve been a pilot on a ton of different servers, some with Aura’s overhaul. While it can make flying more “realistic” in a lot of ways, it honestly just makes flying a pain in the ass, and I think with the current map we have right now it would not work very well, especially due to how turns would work with Aura’s. On much bigger maps, Aura’s overhaul can be satisfying to use. The simple LFS vehicles we have right now are better suited for the server and how it operates, and honestly there’s nothing from Aura’s overhaul that would make a major beneficial change for the server. I also think Aura’s overhaul would make teleporters a nightmare to work with. Just my thoughts though.

I see where you are coming from, but the options that are a pain in the ass, like rolling with the camera, are all toggleable for your likings.  I assume thats what you mean by turns. You can turn off camera toggle in the c menu with the icon. 🙂 

On 8/16/2022 at 10:02 PM, Theta said:

+Support
If this addon works, it would be a serious improvement to the current system. SF/ENG's would have vast quality of life improvements and it may even help to draw more attention/allure to the effected units/sub branches.

This is honestly a really cool addon, not sure if it will work on the server, but it works fine in singleplayer. And like said before, you can customize the HUD to be what you want it

Last Real Starfighter Marshall Brand

------------------------------------------------------------------------

High Five Tom Cruise GIF by Hollywood Suite

+Support

5M: EMS Captain, Sentinel
EX: Rescue Squadron Vice Marshal, Deputy Director, Director of research, medical COL, Shock, ST, Inferno. Starfighters, Naval, LOST MC X2, Mafia, Triad

“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
                                                                                                                   —Confucius

-Support

• The LFS system we have now works fine and with the new HUD in the server it shows all the things you need when flying.

• The ships currently are able to be destroyed by blasters for when they get stuck and or are broken when they get spawn in

• LFS as it stands already puts a bit of strain on the server as it stands which is why there’s no flying past 90+ players. i believe anything more added onto LFS will cause problems with the server and cause LFS to become unstable.

• Sad 1

CURRENT: None

Former:
Field Commander

First Ever IQ Branch Senior Commander(in SNRCMDR Program)

First ever No Helmet Second Sister 

20 hours ago, LuckyDucky said:

I see where you are coming from, but the options that are a pain in the ass, like rolling with the camera, are all toggleable for your likings.  I assume thats what you mean by turns. You can turn off camera toggle in the c menu with the icon. 🙂 

Perhaps I’m thinking of a different mod? If I’m not mistaken, this mod actually changes how flight works in-game for vehicles, and if you turn on a vehicle such as a LAAT, it takes time to “warm-up,” almost like a helicopter, which is what I was referring to as I remember seeing that HUD for that type of start-up. Unfortunately I’m not at my computer right now, otherwise I would’ve actually downloaded it to test it out. Can you enlighten me as to if this mod actually changes how flight would work?

Retired GL Member (R DT CPT DM8)

7 Year Forum Account + Long-Standing GL Supporter

Former: Death Trooper Vice Commander (Unit TI-23 Overseer), 501st ARC Chip, Unit TI-23 Medic M36, Seeker Company SGT SN04, 69th SSGT Chip, Admin/GMVII

star wars animation GIF

2 hours ago, Firekirby said:

Perhaps I’m thinking of a different mod? If I’m not mistaken, this mod actually changes how flight works in-game for vehicles, and if you turn on a vehicle such as a LAAT, it takes time to “warm-up,” almost like a helicopter, which is what I was referring to as I remember seeing that HUD for that type of start-up. Unfortunately I’m not at my computer right now, otherwise I would’ve actually downloaded it to test it out. Can you enlighten me as to if this mod actually changes how flight would work?

Different mod haha, this doesnt at all change the flight mechanics its just a HUD function with very helpful information. Would also encourage more SF members to hop on and join. Its COMPLETELY hud based besides blasters doing less damage because blasters cant destroy ties in 2 seconds. ❤️

On 8/16/2022 at 4:02 PM, Theta said:

+Support

@LuckyDucky !

• Heart-Eyes 1

Retired GL Member (R DT CPT DM8)

7 Year Forum Account + Long-Standing GL Supporter

Former: Death Trooper Vice Commander (Unit TI-23 Overseer), 501st ARC Chip, Unit TI-23 Medic M36, Seeker Company SGT SN04, 69th SSGT Chip, Admin/GMVII

star wars animation GIF

2 hours ago, Jacstur said:

-Support

• The LFS system we have now works fine and with the new HUD in the server it shows all the things you need when flying.

• The ships currently are able to be destroyed by blasters for when they get stuck and or are broken when they get spawn in

• LFS as it stands already puts a bit of strain on the server as it stands which is why there’s no flying past 90+ players. i believe anything more added onto LFS will cause problems with the server and cause LFS to become unstable.

While the blaster thing does make sense, theres work arounds to that. Its not a significant amount of reduced damage. The hud now is good yes, it is a similar hud and this plugin is far more optimized than the current one. Its also not an LFS add on, it will replace the current LFS.  The HUD stuff is more of a QOL thing for pilots. Coming from someone who flies with Auras LFS and the current LFS, Auras is smoother and more optimized. Icefuse is able to bang out like 8-9 people flying with this addon while drop pods and NPCs are spawned. 

On 8/16/2022 at 9:02 PM, Theta said:

+Support

if it works in the server it would make the flying experience even better and seems like there's no real negatives to it just enhancements to the current hud. 

• Heart-Eyes 1

Current: SF Vice Marshall Dragon

+Support

Edited by Iceberkk
  • Heart-Eyes 1

| Former: IQ Eighth Brother | Former: IQ Ninth Sister | Former: Junior Managment Team | Former Head Game Master |
rogue one GIF by Star Wars

+Support

Current: R 501st SNRHVY Gaz

Former: IC OSE DMS CPT Gaz/Phi Φ 501st JTO HVYAL PZ0 ARC04 CPT Gaz |  Naval CAO Vice Admiral Gaz | Shock CPT Gaz K2S4 SK518 | Moderator

CCs: Imperial Janitorial Brigade Lead Gaz

"Eagles should show their claws, though dying."

• 3 weeks later...