Daze's Senior Admin Application- Accepted

Daze

Daze's Staff Poll  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Allow Daze to become a Senior Admin?

• Yes. (Please state your reasoning)
    • No. (Please state your reasoning)

What is your in-game name?:

Daze / Death Trooper Commander BA6

What is your steam name?:

[GL] Daze?

What is your steam ID?

STEAM_0:1:429019972

Do you have any other experience with staffing?:

I use to be a Staff Advisor for a community called Defcon Gaming. I staffed with them for over 3 (almost 4) years after retiring. Staff Advisor from there was equivalent to a Lead Admin here.

What date did you start playing on the community?

Around mid February

What date did you make your forums account?

March 1st, 2022

Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)?

Admin

How many warns do you have on the server?

0 Warns on all servers.

Have you donated?

Yes, from Darth, CC's and limited time items.

What rank are you applying for?

Senior Admin

Have you read the staff guidelines at

You will be tested on it:

Of course.

Timezone:

UTC Tokyo

Permission (Admin+ need this):

Apple, Rux, Bub, Bear and Name

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (Can be any length):

Ever since I joined this community, I've only ever had one goal in mind. That is to by loyal and dedicated to it. Whenever I join a server, I cannot stay in a server's community if I know I am not willing to dedicate my time and effort into what I am doing. It has to be rewarding and have good mentorship as well as some type of system to work off of. GamingLight was a random server I happened to bump into while looking for a new server to possibly put my time in. Ever since I joined GamingLight, I've fallen for both the community, its foundation and what it stands for.

Coming into the staff team when I first became staff while I was a Gamemaster has taught me much from handling different scenarios, all the way to dealing with users on either a staff or personal level. I believe that I deserve this rank because of my actions and dedication I put into the server constantly day in and day out is to be a highly sought after asset within the staff team and community. I try and help every person out whether staff related or personally related. Everyone is human and has their own desires, but I desire to help out the community as much as possible, which is why I embarked on the journey to becoming a Senior Gamemaster and possibly more than that in the future. I love what I do for the community, even when I try to give back to those that support the community as well. 

Being a Senior Admin would only allow me to excel further in my efforts in becoming a better staff member. I am always there to help mentor new staff members, as well as help out JMT/SMT in staff related issues. Being a Senior Admin, the staff under you are to look up to you and learn from you as you are more experienced and more versatile around ULX and staff related issues. Being the guide-on and being a teacher for the members of staff around me allow me to thrive in my own way as I like to be a mentor and leader. Constantly engaging with the staff around me allows me to set a foundation of respect with other members in the staff team, as well as setting a standard for the others around me as well. 

Allowing me to become a Senior Admin would allow me to engage further with the community as well. Interacting with the community as a staff member allows members of the community to be in touch and communicate with the staff team. I think the ISB job for the Gamemasters is a great example to this, as it allows RP on a somewhat staff related job. Being able to walk around and initiate conversations with members of the community or to show new people around is a great aspect within the staff team, as well as overall the community. Helping newer players joining the community has always been my number one concern, as that is the current issue within the community. The recent drop in player count and battlemetric numbers have been deemed as an underlying issue by both SMT and some members of the community. I want to help in the best of my ability to fix this issue.

Lastly, myself being active in the community as well as within a different timezone opposite of that of peak hours would allow me to help staff members or help with staff related issues while there might not be staff on during downtime hours. Even though down time hours are meant to be more relaxed, there is still a standard to be met.

Overall, becoming a Senior Admin would allow me to help both the staff team and community further, in my endeavors to become staff member that I can be.

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?:

I would take the ticket (or bring them if no one has called it yet) and ask them for both sides of their stories. While listening, I would be checking logs to confirm that the victim(s) had been RDM'd and how many. If the person that was report proceeds to curse and make a fuss while trying to solve/conclude the sit, I would attempt to deescalate the situation and give them a verbal warning to calm down while staying professional. If they proceed, I would gag them. After gagging them, I would then give them a 5 day vacation ban since 4 counts of RDM is MRDM. I would then promptly say thanks and apologize for their actions to the person reporting, and end the sit.

Former/Retired:

Death Trooper LTCOL/SV02/Commander

Assistant Head Gamemaster + Senior Admin

Current: Crunch's Son

support

- i believe he has achieved many things from being apart of this community and he is very well known and loved by the community. so i wouldnt see a problem with him becoming senior admin.

- he is a really nice, chill guy, he understands a-lot of things about this community, etc.

- he seems dedicated in this position and i believe he understands how being a senior admin works and what more responsibilities you have, etc.

good luck, daze.

Edited by Icer

On 8/16/2022 at 10:06 PM, Icer said:

support

- i believe he has achieved many things from being apart of this community and he is very well known and loved by the community. so i wouldnt see a problem with him becoming senior admin.

- he is a really nice, chill guy, he understands a-lot of things about this community, etc.

- he seems dedicated in this position and i believe he understands how being a senior admin works and what more responsibilities you have, etc.

good luck, daze.

Edited 12 hours ago by Icer

Best of luck daze u got this

+ Support
 - Great guy very nice to work with.

- Loves the community and very dedicated.

- Understands his position and does a very good job at it.

- Helps a lot with newer staff with any questions asked. 

Very kind and hard working guy and would love to see him at Senior admin best of luck Daze 🙂

Sadly I've been removed from HCOM and Staff for saying my opinions about the recent issues that the community has been vocal about with Zeeptin and Beckett saying they will go to other people instead because our opinions are bad, sadly it took me to get removed for them to listen same thing happened before and I'm the latest love all of you and its sad to see it go like this. Sadly us hcom dont do enough for free sorry we did not do enough for you mr.zeeptin. 

10 hours ago, MARKS said:

+ Support
 - Great guy very nice to work with.

- Loves the community and very dedicated.

- Understands his position and does a very good job at it.

- Helps a lot with newer staff with any questions asked. 

Very kind and hard working guy and would love to see him at Senior admin best of luck Daze 🙂

Former: DT Commander EX1 IF21 | ImperialRP AHGM | ImperialRP Senior Admin