Scan Dart Suggestion [Denied]

Haas129

What do you want to see?: A scan dart, similar to that used in Star Wars Battlefront 2 being added to the server.

Why should we add it?: Would add some fun RP, and from discussions with other users in the Staff Discord, it seems that it'd be good use for special operations.

What are the advantages of having this?: Would allow people who are given the weapon to tactically plan out attacks, and use the scan dart as a form of reconnaissance, scouting out where hostile NPCs and players are before turning a corner.

Who is it mainly for?: Based on my discussions, it would be for special operations, but in reality it could be for anyone, I just think the weapon idea is cool.

Links to any content: This is the interesting part, as the scan dart weapon is something that I'm developing. After discussing with Name, he said that I should suggest the change, and see if it is accepted before completing the addon. This is because it would take me a small amount of time to develop the addon to the level that would be needed, and if the suggestion is likely to get denied after I finish all of this, it obviously wouldn't be ideal. Therefore I am coming to the community now with the idea of the suggestion, and two short videos of a prototype of the weapon to see what people think. If this is something that people would like to see, and it is accepted, I would finish work on the addon and provide the files to those who need it. Below you can see two early prototypes of the weapon, there is basically no visual appeal at the moment as it's only intended to show the functionality of the weapon, a finished version would look much cleaner.

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/wyFiS8clpMD_u/d1337fPThOU0?invite=cr-MSxXWHksODgxMzM0MTgs

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/wyYWf0ALh9Vlp/d1337sCcUbLa?invite=cr-MSxNUlMsODgxMzM0MTgs

Due to the fact that I would develop most of this after this suggestion is potentially accepted, any changes could be easily done too, so if people have ideas that would make the weapon better, please bring them forward!

I like the idea I just don't see it being practical

5M: EMS Captain, Sentinel
EX: Rescue Squadron Vice Marshal, Deputy Director, Director of research, medical COL, Shock, ST, Inferno. Starfighters, Naval, LOST MC X2, Mafia, Triad

“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
                                                                                                                   —Confucius

I’ve seen the usage of this a few times in the last 24 hours and I think it would be very useful.

- Would make an interesting addition to the loadouts of Special Forces units

- Isn’t new to Star Wars, look at the Scan Dart from EA’s Battlefront 2

- Fairly simple

I firmly believe this would be a good addition to the server!

+support!

| RETIRED GENERAL OF THE IMPERIAL ARMY |
| FIRST EVER IMPERIAL GOVERNOR || Former 501st "Vader's Fist" Legion Commander || Former Senior Commander || Former SF Crimson || Former IF Agent Lone Six |
| Former Imperial RP Senior Administrator || Former Senior Forums Diplomat || Former Imperial RP Gamemaster VII || Retired 501st VCMDR |
season 1 duel of the droids GIF by Star Wars

1 hour ago, Theta said:

’ve seen the usage of this a few times in the last 24 hours and I think it would be very useful.

- Fairly simple

+support!

Former: MC VCMDR RSL IRS Fail, ST LTCOL Fail Shore Lead STRM SNR, Shock SFC Fail

“So, good news…I saw a dog today.”  – Buddy From Elf | "Your focus determines your reality," Qui-Gon from Phantom Menace

star wars stormtrooper GIF

2 hours ago, Theta said:

I’ve seen the usage of this a few times in the last 24 hours and I think it would be very useful.

- Fairly simple

+support!

Would like to see it it could also be added to scouts troopers

fail-drive.gif

4 hours ago, Theta said:

- Fairly simple

+support!

Last Real Starfighter Marshall Brand

------------------------------------------------------------------------

High Five Tom Cruise GIF by Hollywood Suite

I think its an cool idea. Especially for special forces i gues. But Im not sure if it would be very practical since offcoarse npc's are very easy to fight against. I will gice it a small +support.

• Manager

DENIED

Unfortunately, we do not feel that this suggestion is suitable for implementation. It appears to be a cool feature, but considering our recent addition with the hud radar, adding this seems redundant. 

However, we do appreciate your attitude towards trying to help us improve, please feel free to show us some more ideas!

• Like 1