Kio's Senior Admin Application- Denied

Kio

Should Kio be the next Senior Admin?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kio be the next Senior Admin?

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name?:
  Kio

What is your steam name?:
[GL] KitChan

What is your steam ID?:
STEAM_0:0:540335423

Do you have any other experience with staffing?:
I have had experience as I am a Admin on this server, and with that I’ve also been staff on many other Gmod Servers.

What date did you start playing on the community?
I Officially Started Playing Gaminglight almost a year ago (August 14th, 2021)

What date did you make your forums account?
August 14th, 2021

Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)?
GM Admin / Apprentice 

How many warns do you have on the server?
2, one being almost a year ago for Racism and the next one was a Mistake given by Admin Crunch. (it still wont allow me to appeal it.) 

Have you donated?
I have Donated. 

What rank are you applying for?
Senior Admin

Have you read the staff guidelines at

I’ve looked over the Staff Guidelines many times, and to say I understand it very well.

You will be tested on it:
Good

Timezone:
EST

Permission (Admin+ need this): 

JMT: Sanity, Bub, Racc, and Bon.

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (Can be any length):
I have many different reasons why I deserve this rank, and I will be giving them right under.

Activity: I am very active within the Game, as well as within TS and Discord and I believe I am more than ready to give a lot more of my time to GL Staff as I’ve been staff for a good bit now. With my Activity I normally sit on GL for a good bit everyday to make sure that people are having fun within rp, I Believe it is my job to make sure everyone is following the rules at all times, and with that I also believe I know the MOTD by heart as I normally go over it with some new players on the server.

Leadership: I have helped many different lower staff members with anything they needed, even if it’s something very tiny I normally do try to do my best with helping them. I also Believe that with my Leadership I can help guide others towards becoming a Better staff as well as a Better player within Gaminglight, and do keep in mind that GL has lost players due to having staff abuse their powers with what they can do, so if I can help guide them towards being a better staff then I believe some more new players will come to our server.

Dedicated: I am always on GL and with that I have been up and down within the server going from a High rank in GM and Staff to getting removed, to where I am now and with that I believe that anyone that is Dedicated to the server and or staff team can get anywhere within the server. I am also the AHGM within the GM Team, and with it also comes with a lot of responsibility which can cause the server to completely die, so I believe that I am very dedicated to the Server and the Staff Team. 

Growth: If I can help other staff members grow within the Community then I believe It could also help our Player count as It would help Coach them with how to treat new players on the server, and having others to look up to me would also be an Example of what to do as I’ve done many things to help make the Staff Team grow.

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?:

So within the Ticket, I would Take the Ticket, but as soon as I take the ticket I will try and calm everyone down by figuring out the full Story and with the full story then I can fully help each person out. I will talk to the reporter first as they are the one that have made the ticket, then after I will talk to the reportee, in which he may tell me his side of the story, after if he doesnt stop cussing me out or so then I will have to gag him until the situation is over. I will then ask the reporter for a Clip and or any evidence of the situation, and with that I can give out the right Punishment for the Reportee, in which it would be a I would Ban him for 5 days (MRDM is a 5 day Ban) and with that I would notify the Reporter of what to do if the problem happens again. With that I would close the ticket and continue on with my RP.

RETIRED

30 Second Darth Vader Kio

Stepped down General Kio |  Retired Dupe Builder for Army/Navy High Command | Last Ever Nova Senior Commander | Retired Assistant Head GameMaster | Admin | ST Vice Commander Revenant

Bleach Bankai GIF

I'm sorry kio but I have to -Support this I don't have anything against you I'm just putting my opinion out there and almost all my experience's have been negative with you and personally I don't see you do much as an admin while it is understandable because you are AHGM. It is the way that you handle your self when you are getting negative feedback to something you have done or someone is disagreeing with you, you immediately resort to hostility and anger instead of having a respectful conversation. You clearly don't like when people go against what you think is right and no matter how respectful they are. 

Real Ass G
the sopranos smoking GIF

10 minutes ago, JohnsAFK said:

I'm sorry kio but I have to -Support this I don't have anything against you I'm just putting my opinion out there and almost all my experience's have been negative with you and personally I don't see you do much as an admin while it is understandable because you are AHGM. It is the way that you handle your self when you are getting negative feedback to something you have done or someone is disagreeing with you, you immediately resort to hostility and anger instead of having a respectful conversation. You clearly don't like when people go against what you think is right and no matter how respectful they are. 

Nothing against you personally Kio but when people disagree with you in anyway, or do something you disagree with, you respond in an emotional and sometimes hostile way which I believe the next SA should not do.

Former IC Vice Commander Sev / Ex. Crimson squad lead LTCOL Reaper / Ex. 2x ARC Captain/JTAL/ Ex. Purge Major /  Ex. 2x Shock Captain/EJTAL / Former Naval Gunnery Officer / 3x Inferno NCO / Ex. DT 1st Lieutenant 

17 minutes ago, JohnsAFK said:

In my honest opinion, I dont think you are ready to have the responsibility as a senior administrator, cause if emotions gonna control your decisions/responses, I wouldn't want that. No hard feelings, just saying you need more time and mature a bit more, before you can be eligble to become a SA. -Support

Huge -Support 

The way he constantly conducts himself as a member on the server, and a admin I personally don't feel Kio is ready for this position 

because he would constantly try to use his staff perms as a weapon and threaten members of the community with punishments when they are talking about something he doesn't like 

unknown.png
I don't be leave he has any ill intentions into saying stuff like this I believe he is just trying to get control of the situation and personally I think he is going about the complete wrong way 

9 hours ago, Kio said:

Growth: If I can help other staff members grow within the Community then I believe It could also help our Player count as It would help Coach them with how to treat new players on the server, and having others to look up to me would also be an Example of what to do as I’ve done many things to help make the Staff Team grow.

if you got Senor Admin and new players / newer staff see the Senior Admin / AHGM saying stuff like "Will you all stop crying or else your gonna get muted" isn't a very good look for you both as "an example for other's to look up to" and as a staff member 

9 hours ago, Kio said:

Leadership: I have helped many different lower staff members with anything they needed, even if it’s something very tiny I normally do try to do my best with helping them. I also Believe that with my Leadership I can help guide others towards becoming a Better staff as well as a Better player within Gaminglight, and do keep in mind that GL has lost players due to having staff abuse their powers with what they can do, so if I can help guide them towards being a better staff then I believe some more new players will come to our server.

Both as a member of Low command that has had you oversee the IC battalion and me watching your actions as a Nova CMDR and a Senor CMDR your leadership quality's are poor to say the least 

because when you were the nova CMDR you went on this crusade to try and get 100 command loggings in a month and you made nova attend them so in result nova didn't feel like flagging up for nova because they didn't want to keep doing sims. that and you would constantly make changes to IC without contacting ANY of the command team about your changes and just implement them the changes that come to mind with what I'm talking about is the IC protocols and the VCMDR apps being opened. with the VCMDR apps being opened what you did is you said LMK when you want us to open them than like 48 hours later you opened them without contacting anyone and when I asked you about it you said "well open them and if someone is a bad VCMDR well just remove them".

• Like 1

Ex: RRH Guardian Delta 40 / CI CPT IC Project Ω Overseer VCMDR Fixer Project Ω Squad Lead Niner

7 minutes ago, Diamondback said:

Huge -Support 

The way he constantly conducts himself as a member on the server, and a admin I personally don't feel Kio is ready for this position 

because he would constantly try to use his staff perms as a weapon and threaten members of the community with punishments when they are talking about something he doesn't like 

unknown.png
I don't be leave he has any ill intentions into saying stuff like this I believe he is just trying to get control of the situation and personally I think he is going about the complete wrong way 

if you got Senor Admin and new players / newer staff see the Senior Admin / AHGM saying stuff like "Will you all stop crying or else your gonna get muted" isn't a very good look for you both as "an example for other's to look up to" and as a staff member 

Both as a member of Low command that has had you oversee the IC battalion and me watching your actions as a Nova CMDR and a Senor CMDR your leadership quality's are poor to say the least 

because when you were the nova CMDR you went on this crusade to try and get 100 command loggings in a month and you made nova attend them so in result nova didn't feel like flagging up for nova because they didn't want to keep doing sims. that and you would constantly make changes to IC without contacting ANY of the command team about your changes and just implement them the changes that come to mind with what I'm talking about is the IC protocols and the VCMDR apps being opened. with the VCMDR apps being opened what you did is you said LMK when you want us to open them than like 48 hours later you opened them without contacting anyone and when I asked you about it you said "well open them and if someone is a bad VCMDR well just remove them".

Very troubling to read 

-Support

Last-Senior Commander Iden Versio (First IF SharpShooter Overseer, Last Commander ID10,Team Chestbox Gang)

Founder of the Gaminglight Christian Alliance Ex-Super Admin SawickM/Forum Diplomat/Supportspacer.png

29 minutes ago, Diamondback said:

Huge -Support 

unknown.png

Damn -Support 

Imperial RP 

Staff: EX. Senior Admin, Forums Diplomat, September 2021 Staff of the Month

RP: First Commander Second Sister, Ex Ninth Sister, Eighth Brother, and SF SL 

1 hour ago, Diamondback said:

Huge -Support 

unknown.png

1 hour ago, JohnsAFK said:

5M: EMS Captain, Sentinel
EX: Rescue Squadron Vice Marshal, Deputy Director, Director of research, medical COL, Shock, ST, Inferno. Starfighters, Naval, LOST MC X2, Mafia, Triad

“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
                                                                                                                   —Confucius

3 hours ago, Diamondback said:

Huge -Support 

unknown.png

Pluse as a Staff member he has been removed more times then I have count and for bad reasons too. 

That and he won't even bother to awnser his DMs so I'm the end - support 

SCP/Medical Senior-Command/Manager/Head of Field Work 

- Support

I believe myself to be a critical thinker when it comes to someone moving up or moving down in some sort of hierarchy. I take all factors into account and try to establish a very well thought out opinion. In my experiences, this sometimes works out with people actually having a peaceful debate. Others do not, however, and that is quite troublesome. Here is my reasoning as to why Kio SHOULD NOT move up the food chain or even consider waiting to "mature": 

1. Harassment - Kio can be a good person to get to know and probably get along with fine until constructive criticism comes his way. To some, he'll brush it off and keep on moving. For others, however, he does take things to an extreme. When I was to be Sev (my first time around) I have encountered a troubling report about a situation that did involve one of my troopers with Kio. Although it DID NOT happen on the respective jobs (IC and Nova at that time), I still take these things seriously. Kio did receive some criticism from one of my majors at the time in which made Kio attempt to make dialogue with this individual. He popped into IC Lounge after the statement was made, which I had no idea about its existence, and Kio proceeded to act somewhat childish and blurted something out along the lines of "Is that how you really think, huh?" The person in question was away from the keyboard at this time but they still received the message. Later that day, this person who am I talking about hopped on their moderator job and saw Kio there, alongside them. They began to speak to one another, which was nearly one-sided, where Kio told this person off about their comment. Again, I consider this harassment but others would argue against it. But, however, this one of my examples.
  2. Emotionally Compromise/Anger Issues - Everyone gets a little angry once in awhile and a tad emotional. But for Kio, it's a different case. I am no stranger to being angry about things (may it be big or small) but I can calmly hold back my frustration during conversation and not allow my own issues cloud my best judgement. During an event I was randomly hand-picked for Ground Command when the previous one crashed. I joined the Event-Briefing channel and was greeted with familiar voices. One of them was the GM (of course), a former General (long since promoted now), and Kio. Due to how stressful the event was, I can understand someone getting a tad enraged which how shit things were going but Kio did take things a tad overboard. As soon as I entered the channel, Kio pipped up and basically threaten me with "If you say anything about the event and how terrible things are or even attempt to say anything funny, I will make sure that someone REMOVES you from everything. M'kay?" I kept to myself afterwards and led our forces to victory, never interacting with Kio since then. Unfortunately, this is not the case. 

I continue on with my second point for the sake of keeping me focus on my day-to-day but I felt like I should say something that needs to be said. During a mission/event briefing, Kio had another episode with his outbursts and demanded that people A) straighten out, B) shutting up, and C) if they cannot handle that, then they can leave. I didn't skip a beat and I left with the majority of my men and we stayed in bunks. At this point, his attitude was getting out of hand and he needed to take either a chill pill or a small break from GamingLight. This behavior is not needed in SMT nor should it be in HCOM in the first place. Especially when Suns, Sainty, and Starchy (among many others) can handle criticism, don't allow their anger get the best of them, and naturally work well stress-free. 

For my closing statement, I understand for my points/opinions I clearly have no means to back these up. But, I can say for sure, he does act out of line. I wish Kio would understand that he should either take a break and reflect on his mistakes/wrongdoings on this server or waits until he is mature enough to handle the big tasks that SMT handles. Especially with a emotion-filled, short fused person known as Kio. 

• Like 1

Former: Vice Commander Sev (x2) IC COL Wraith/Sigma | Purge SSGT Vulkrim Crimson LD 57 2LT Reaper | Tank CPL Wraith TT6924 IC 2LT 6924 Sigma | DT CPL AJ1

6 hours ago, Diamondback said:

Huge -Support 

unknown.png

Huge -Support 

unknown.png

- Support 

~~~~~~Ghoul ~~~~~~

Imperial Sith Trooper | 2x Eighth Brother, DT MAJ

E11 D4 STF, Senior Moderator

Huge -Support 

unknown.png

Former: Grand Inquisitor   Lead Admin
sasuke GIF

7 hours ago, Diamondback said:

Huge -Support 

unknown.png

Agreed

9 hours ago, Diamondback said:

Huge -Support 

unknown.png

I don't know about everyone else but I personally have had a pretty good experience with Kio. In my mind, he conducts himself to be a stern staff to get his point across which makes perfect sense. Him telling people that complaining about an event especially in OOC not only puts down the GM but any else that was helping with the event. Most of the time as well, people that make events bad are the actors or the players (not saying every player is bad and same goes with actors). Now yes I bet Kio has had his moments before I even came to the community but in the past 4 months that I've know him, he's been a good guy. If anyone wants to say otherwise, go ahead as that is your opinion but from me personally I support this.

+ Good Support

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Currently: PoliceRP Super Admin / JMT, Senior Forum Diplomat, PD MAJ 1L93, EMS Chief Car 1, FBI AD RA13, HRT CPT LC2, SRT MAJ 1X33, SL Underboss (Co-Leader)

Ex ImperialRP: Super Admin / JMT and Senior Forum Diplomat, DT VCMDR RU8/ TI-23 L21, 69th/ MC VCMDR and first ever ParaRescue Lead Marshal and last Rescue Squadron Marshal, Lord I, Purge CPL, IC CSVL SSS DME 2LT Maroon, Shock SPC/ SGT/ MSGT, K2S8 SK385, Pyke Muscle II JSR RussTime

DMs are always open (russtime)

17 hours ago, JohnsAFK said:

image.png.6472a4a37923d54611514bd2b5bb6f95.png

I think this screenshot speaks for itself.
- Huge Support.

| RETIRED GENERAL OF THE IMPERIAL ARMY |
| FIRST EVER IMPERIAL GOVERNOR || Former 501st "Vader's Fist" Legion Commander || Former Senior Commander || Former SF Crimson || Former IF Agent Lone Six |
| Former Imperial RP Senior Administrator || Former Senior Forums Diplomat || Former Imperial RP Gamemaster VII || Retired 501st VCMDR |
season 1 duel of the droids GIF by Star Wars

16 hours ago, Diamondback said:

Huge -Support 

unknown.png

Sorry mate -Support 

501st ARCL COL Maze

8 hours ago, Theta said:

image.png.6472a4a37923d54611514bd2b5bb6f95.png

I think this screenshot speaks for itself.
- Huge Support.

agreed. Although I understand that you're trying to keep everything calm and collected for the GM so that they don't' think the event was sh!t, this could have been worded WAY differently, considering your one of the Head GMs. -Support

EX Military RP Member |Marine CMDR, MP CMDR. DI CMDR,RUAF  ATCL LTC,EX Senior Mod / Wardog| 

ExImperial Rp MC RVMS AUO Lieutenant Colonel| Moderator GM III | 

• Head of Staff

DENIED

Unfortunately at this time, SMT does not find you suitable for the position of Senior Admin. Please reapply in 2 weeks.

• Skull 1

ImperialRP SMT | Head of Staff       

Head Forums Diplomat

Former High Admiral | Former DT Commander | Former State LTCOL | Former SPRT Commander