Please Fix Server Performance - Denied

Cuz L0g1c

Post name: “General Suggestion - "Please Fix Server Performance"

What are you suggesting? - Either upgrading to a better server or switching server hosts to one that is more stable. Right now the server has been performing the worse it has ever been with my experience at Gaminglight. With every new update and over time the server performance keeps dropping more and more. It is getting to the point where it is unplayable at certain hours and even crashed players before they get to move. Players rubber banding every 10 seconds, game freezing, constant FPS drops, and poor hit registration is not ideal for a player vs player roleplay server. It is very frustrating to put an entire magazine or a sniper shot into someone's head only for it not to register. I have not seen any other servers with this many performance issues, even ones with custom addons running 24/7. On top of that, I see new players almost every day complain in OOC chat about how the servers performance is terrible and they end up not enjoying themselves for that reason.

How would this change better the server? - It would greatly improve basically everything.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - No. 😐

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Everyone. 🙏

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/tP5YBg68fj59j/d1337tvZ8Rz4?invite=cr-MSxFaEwsNjQyOTQ4ODcs
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/m0ieU8um8CDfx/d1337WlzX9ql?invite=cr-MSxZN0osMzIzMTA5Myw
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/eCSid-hqxUVOP/d1337MNibj4B?invite=cr-MSwyQk4sMzIzMTA5Myw
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/dxJec0u0aNks5/d1337icXj5Fs?invite=cr-MSxQd2osMzIzMTA5Myw
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/lr8U0Q2LpAgCJ/d13375qSsMuE?invite=cr-MSxCNmcsMzIzMTA5Myw
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/nd0qDNFVBAXZ9/d13379hfEthJ?invite=cr-MSxxZ2csMzIzMTA5Myw

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

How this suggestion will end:

spacer.png

And nothing against you specifically sir. While myself and many, many, many people will +Support this. At the end of the day, all will be told is that it is a Work In Progress. That is the reality of it. This is an issue that will be a never ending fight against a game that is "too damn many" years old. There is just a bunch to juggle in making it barely function as is. Various fixes have been applied over my 2.5 year tenure with this server. Soon^TM is all that it'll be marked as.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 4

+Support
I don't really need to explain but I'm constantly seeing blood splat on most of my shots and getting a hit marker once every 5, I don't really understand what the issue is but fixing it would be fantastic

| EX CI General | | Ex Lead Admin | 
| The best Fruit to exist |

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

And nothing against you specifically sir. While myself and many, many, many people will +Support this. At the end of the day, all will be told is that it is a Work In Progress. That is the reality of it. This is an issue that will be a never ending fight against a game that is "too damn many" years old. There is just a bunch to juggle in making it barely function as is. Various fixes have been applied over my 2.5 year tenure with this server. Soon^TM is all that it'll be marked as.

Super ignorant comment, there is no one thing that is lagging the server. It is multiple things that accumulate which causes lag, not all of it is on us either. We are constantly trying to improve and better what we have and make sure that the server is as optimized as it can be

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

How this suggestion will end:

spacer.png

I don't expect it to be perfect, but like I said before I have never seen any other server with performance this bad. ~8 months ago this wasn't a major problem, but with the additions of many addons, classes, and who knows what else it's becoming this servers downfall from what it once was.

Edited by Cuz L0g1c

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

11 minutes ago, Cuz L0g1c said:

I don't expect it to be perfect, but like I said before I have never seen any other server with performance this bad. ~8 months ago this wasn't a major problem, but with the additions of many addons, and who knows what else it's becoming this servers downfall from what it once was.

pretty harsh for you to say all this when you dont understand whats going on, recently tfa deleted all his shit for no reason and it caused some issues, they fixed it immediatly and no one noticed, but that type of stuff takes lots of hard work, -support

Edited by Bartholomew
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 3

Ex FBI DCOS | Ex FTO Director | Ex HRT 1LT | Ex PPD Overseer | Forum Diplomat | PoliceRP Admin | Ex Event Team Co-Leader | SL Capo | Negev abuser

Former | State 1T | Lord III | PO2 | Imperial Senior Mod | GM3

Barret Deleter 28-7

10 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

pretty harsh for you to say all this when you dont understand whats going on, recently tfa deleted all his shit for no reason and it caused some issues, they fixed it immediatly and no one noticed, but that type of stuff takes lots of hard work

This isn't a recent problem... This has been happening for months now but now one wants to say anything about it. I'm not bashing on the development team or the servers managers, but this is a problem that has not been addressed to the public for a long time and it is affecting a lot of players and gameplay (especially recently). Also, yes I am aware that the TFA author has removed TFA base from the workshop and it is effecting a lot; but this is not due to the TFA base because this has been happening for months. May TFA Base have something to do with the poor performance, sure; but it is not the main reason. Play on the server for 5 minutes or just watch the clips and you can see for yourself.

Edited by Cuz L0g1c

16 minutes ago, bop said:

Super ignorant comment, there is no one thing that is lagging the server. It is multiple things that accumulate which causes lag, not all of it is on us either. We are constantly trying to improve and better what we have and make sure that the server is as optimized as it can be

Perception unfortunately becomes reality to many people. It's not how it "is", it's how it looks. And how does it look to the mass majority of newcomers when OOC is flooded with comments about performance?

With that said, +Support

Edited by Sparkle
Bad at Grammar Shrug

+Support

Every time on the server is supa laggy, quit adding more addons, and go back to when there wasnt as many addons. That will fix the issue, but ppl will cry about it as always.

CI CMDR
CC: CI Requiem Squad XH-76
Biggest DMC Fan