General Suggestion - Remove the vehicles around the map [Completed]

Loaff

What are you suggesting? - Remove the useless forklifts and airport vehicles from around the map. These were seemingly added in exchange for removing props from bunks and offices and I personally have never seen anyone say they add anything except being a detriment to performance/bunk decor.

How would this change better the server? - It would reduce lag, or if exchanged for adding props back to bunks/offices would add back that RP and morale.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - No. 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Everyone via server performance or anyone who had props removed from their bunks (Benches etc from Maintenance bunks for example)

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

-Support
They add more of a pleasing 'facility' aesthetic to the map, maybe have them moved in some more fitting areas but nothing was removed in place of these so I dunno where that's coming from.

Edited by K I W I

| EX CI General | | Ex Lead Admin | 
| The best Fruit to exist |

Just now, K I W I said:

-Support
They add more of a pleasing 'facility' aesthetic to the map, maybe have them moved in some more fitting areas but nothing was removed in place of these?

a LOT was removed in replace of those

+support

I don't see a reason for them tbh, If you don't want them all gone then just remove some bc there are way too much imo

SCP-RP: CI 2LT | SEC 2LT | Lumberjack Union Chief Logging Operator, S4 Avium SL1 | Retired Research Supervisor | Retired CI 2LT, 1LT | 2x Former SEC 1LT, Retired CPT Former WC Nemesis | Former Nu7 HFTO MAJ/A3 Tesla | Retired Admin

CCs: MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero' | Vonzen Plushie | STARS | D-9177 'The Pill' | CI TF2 Heavy

Achievements: Staff Of The Month | 11x Staff Of The Week

+/- those are there to hype up moving to the new map. But if maintenance lost some of their RP then remove them

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5

-Support

they remove props at high player counts. its a forklift 

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

3 minutes ago, Cardigan Backyardigan said:

a LOT was removed in replace of those

You're assuming that things were removed to place these things in the map, JMT has said before that nothing was replaced and that they delete some props on high player count to compensate for lag.

| EX CI General | | Ex Lead Admin | 
| The best Fruit to exist |

5 minutes ago, K I W I said:

-Support
They add more of a pleasing 'facility' aesthetic to the map, maybe have them moved in some more fitting areas but nothing was removed in place of these so I dunno where that's coming from.

Former SCPRP: CI R&D Chief Director of Operations || Research Administrator || RFA Operations Advisory || RRH Analyst Xray 77 || CI General || Senior Event Team || CI Lieutenant Commander || Exemplary Investigator Award Recipient || STF D4 Poseidon PL7 || A1 SPC "Quantum"

Former ImperialRP: Naval Captain || Security Director || GM VI 

Former PoliceRP:  EMS Captain || RRU Rapid Response Team Manager || FBI Assistant Director 

-Support
Nothing was removed for these, they give a pleasing appeal around site and make pvp fun because it adds cover in places where you would normally get cornered in the open

SCP RP Ranks and CC's : CI SFTO CPT, S9 Houston IX, Owner Of CI "Reaper" Squadron SCP RP Level 100 Gang

"Why Does A RRH Only have 10 Hours on the server"?

"Very Active Forums User" - Hoovy

3 hours ago, Jimm said:

Why were these here in the first place? Maintenance lost 2 trash collectors for this???

We delete entities on high playercount to reduce lag, You did not loose 2 trash collectors for a forklift. Not to mention entities cause more lags then props.

3 hours ago, Loaff said:

anyone say they add anything except being a detriment to performance/bunk decor

It's to give the idea of a 'Busy Foundation', as-well as providing cover in tight always at the same time, It's a way of concealed cover as in the eyes of a Researcher / Foundation worker it's just another 'bunk decor', but in the eyes of a combatant, It's cover in a tight hallway. Instead of just blatantly putting a concrete barricade or sandbag, We have an Airport cart that gives the same effect as one and gives off immersion instead of a barricade in a foundation, allowing combatants to crouch behind it. Same with the forklift. 

Previously, a normal gunfight would be whoever has more HP & Armor, with some cover in the way it now changes to who's utilizing cover properly.

3 hours ago, Loaff said:

if exchanged for adding props back to bunks/offices would add back that RP and morale.

We have over 1000 Perma Props on the server, Adding in small props back into bunks that were never used (I.E A Keyboard, or a bench never being utilized) is no longer feasible. They were most likely exchanged for a perma prop that will be used to effect gameplay instead of small RP. (For example, a Computer that had a Monitor, Keyboard, and Mouse, was removed to only feature the Computer Monitor to give up 2 more props in different areas of the map.) 

39 minutes ago, Scooty said:

they give a pleasing appeal around site and make pvp fun because it adds cover in places where you would normally get cornered in the open

This is the true reason these props were added to the server.

• Like 1

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

Attached below are screenshots of all the locations with the aforementioned vehicles. As you may notice, none of these locations could be very well described as tight hallways. Some of them could not even be used as cover. Not to mention that unfortunately in the current meta, standing still/crouched behind an object is outperformed by spamming crouch jump. I personally haven't seen anyone actively use these as cover, not even D class.

23 hours ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

You did not loose 2 trash collectors for a forklift.

This is not true. Previously there were 2 trash machines in both the LCZ incinerator and the HCZ stairwell area. Now there is only one in both areas that have not re-appeared after a server restart. They've been removed from the map.

image.png.16ded7214a30382e307fd44fe0dd6fbb.png

image.thumb.png.9454eaac073dca714139fa0c0cad0b2e.png

image.thumb.png.7bac78a7b5a70c5aee9730a740156455.pngimage.thumb.png.a21d6cb1f38d5562831fee69d314cefb.pngimage.thumb.png.a59b3b7dd76cf96002390c8774406ce7.pngimage.thumb.png.d5a96d4073f156fd32c9a60961480704.pngimage.thumb.png.fdc0cd07010eff4d1c55d2227d3ead53.png

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

-support

how will i be forklift certified if these are gone?

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

6 hours ago, Loaff said:

This is not true. Previously there were 2 trash machines in both the LCZ incinerator and the HCZ stairwell area. Now there is only one in both areas that have not re-appeared after a server restart. They've been removed from the map.

They were removed from a different reason, not related to what your assuming.

Explaining sent screenshots & reasoning, as-well as personal experiences of people utilizing the cover;
1 - You cropped the photo, but its next to the research line, Airport Cart is providing same effect as a barricade seen right behind it (Used by both parties, more often D-Class)
2 - Airport Cart allows players to hold angle, on doorway leading to interrogation room
3 - Allows players to hold angle at checkpoint hallway. (Frequently used as cover) 
4 - Hugging left walls allowing players to hold angle on the Armory Door (Frequently used as cover by D-Class when waiting to hack Armory)
5 - Not pushed back into corner, allowing players to hide ( Used by D-Class)
6 - Hugging left walls allowing players to hold angle on the door towards Electrical (Used by E4 when pushing Gate-B Checkpoint)
7 - Not pushed back into corner, allowing players to hide (Used by Infiltrators, often when E4 camped Gate-A Checkpoint) 

The eyes of a Researcher / Foundation worker it's just another 'bunk decor', but in the eyes of a combatant, It's cover  - also these are 10 props in total that can't even be compared like the 50 prop dupes placed around the map constantly. It's a forklift..

• Gaminglight Love 1

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

-Support 
i mean it looks a little bit nicer with the forklifts and airport vehicles around the map

if the where to remove them it would be more emptier in those spots and i think they fit good in as a Decor and also cover

Edited by PabloProo123

Current: |{Clan} U.I.U Junor Agent|Lead Researcher| 

Former/Retired: Research Assistant Manager-SCP-RP: Senior Moderator 

+support they look super out of place, like how are they even supposed to move around they’re too big to fit through doors.  they just make the rooms they are in (besides outside of gate-a) seem more claustrophobic and are unneeded.

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

6 hours ago, 1stSavagerY said:

+support they look super out of place, like how are they even supposed to move around they’re too big to fit through doors.  they just make the rooms they are in (besides outside of gate-a) seem more claustrophobic and are unneeded.

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

10 hours ago, 1stSavagerY said:

Current: 

Former: | RRH Sierra 47 | | E11 LCPL | | MJ | | AR | | Gensec SM | | CI SFC | | CI IA | | M | | Nu7 DHFE Lieutenant Colonel | | HTF A4 Z Viper A4 | | AH1Z Viper |

SCP-RP: | Former staff: 6/18/21 -> 11/18/21| | Staff 2x 2/26/22 -> 10/28/22 | | Joined: Apr, 2021~ |