Mining Spawn Protection - Denied

Grеg

What are you suggesting? - Add a no kill zone to the mining area.

How would this change better the server? - Make it so you can afk mine without being ardm/rdm'd.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Not that I can see, Just make it so the hallway isnt included in spawn protection otherwise D-Class will snipe from there and abuse it

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Miners

Ranks: Security SM Greg | RRH Guardian Whiskey 11

Security Logo Designer | Premiere Club | #FreeMe 

+ Support

Why don't we just make it to where the doors automatically close during the full lockdown and are unopenable for the time being and give them spawn protection.

Edited by Trizium

11 minutes ago, Mind Stone said:

-Support

Security will be unable to kill Class-D in mines on full lockdown.

Needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, full lockdown rarely happens, mining rdm happens hourly. 
Just make it fail-rp to be in mines on full lockdown.

Ranks: Security SM Greg | RRH Guardian Whiskey 11

Security Logo Designer | Premiere Club | #FreeMe 

+support 

Just make it so the protected area is only the square area in the mines and not the hallway. Securitycan still kill them from towers and catwalks there and they're not supposed to be in a position to see the inside of the mine.

Plus full lockdown happens very rarely.

Only problem I could see is custom classes being added to the whitelist for the spawn, but idk how that system works.

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

+Support

Been playing since 2019 aint i've never seen a full lockdown, not to mention, if d class run into mines when there is a lockdown then its fail rp. On top of that, killing afk miners is just a horrible. Even if there is a lockdown for whatever reason. They aren't harming you at all

Just got out of a RDM sit since someone mass rdmed afk miners, epic!

Edited by FeaR x Green Pikachu

On 7/21/2022 at 1:51 AM, Trizium said:

+ Support

Why don't we just make it to where the doors automatically close during the full lockdown and are unopenable for the time being and give them spawn protection.

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

+Support 
Seems like a good idea

i mean when im AFK Minging (using +Attack in the console no auto clicker) i go afk for like 20-30 min and when i come back im just dead, i would like the mining area to have some sort of protection so u cant do dmg to people in the mining Area.

Current: |{Clan} U.I.U Junor Agent|Lead Researcher| 

Former/Retired: Research Assistant Manager-SCP-RP: Senior Moderator 

On 7/22/2022 at 9:41 AM, FeaR x Green Pikachu said:

+Support

Been playing since 2019 aint i've never seen a full lockdown, not to mention, if d class run into mines when there is a lockdown then its fail rp. On top of that, killing afk miners is just a horrible. Even if there is a lockdown for whatever reason. They aren't harming you at all

Just got out of a RDM sit since someone mass rdmed afk miners, epic!

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

With the way that our spawn protection works, the more zones that we add to the server, the more server performance is affected. Considering the mine has never had protection in the past (as far as I'm aware), sacrificing having a zone here for better server performance is something that we believe is worth it.

If you happen to encounter and/or be the victim of ARDM or RDM in the mine, contact staff so that the player can be dealt with accordingly.

spacer.png