General Suggestion - Promoting RP by letting people recontain SCP's properly - Accepted [Completed]

Ayaya

What are you suggesting? - I am suggesting that we allow people to properly recontain SCP's if the site is in decent shape and not use the ethereal to vaporize them. Example: Only 682 is out and is currently cuffed. There is someone who actively wants to recontain them by walking back to their cell and there are no other threats on site.

How would this change better the server? - This would promote RP and allow people to actually recontain SCP's the proper way. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - People would get to use the ethereal less to kill SCP's.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - People who are interested in RP aspects and like to recontain SCP's 

• Like 1

That... should be happening anyway? Is it not? This would be something to handle directly with the branches to pull back on expended usage of the Ethereal. Something simple as SCP recontainment should not be shortcut that much especially if nothing else is happening. The walk back smack talk is the best part of recontainment for both sides.

+Support for the branches to look over their procedures if necessary. This issue doesn't need more than that.

• Like 1

+support

I’ve seen this happen way too many times, and it’s just being very lazy. I called a D4 out in TS once for doing it, and they didn’t care at all and said it was “easier”. They also flammed me for not thanking them, but with all honesty Id rather take the extra 10 minutes to drag the scp back to their CC to actually roleplay. That’s what I came to this server to do. Have fun and roleplay. I think this suggestion should 100% be enforced, and was actually planning on making a forum about it as well. I feel that they should be more strict when it comes to the ethereal. People have been starting to take it out at any chance they get, and don’t even attempt to actually fight the scp that spent at-least a half an hour self breaching. People shouldn’t be taking out an ethereal for one single scp that has just reached LCZ. It’s unrealistic if you ask me.

• Skull 1

Current:  Owner of "Freedom Fighters" CCPlatnium Donator Rank | Professional Gun Lover | Certified American

Former: SCP:RP Moderator | Security DHFTO 2LT American MTF NU7 SM Chaos Insurgency R&D AIN | Chaos Insurgency Military PVT |

-Support
This is already a thing and I rarely see D4, G9 or HTF pulling out an ethereal to deal with something like a minor breach, even when it does happen it's more or less because the SCP has been out for a while and just causing trouble. I've never seen this done to a single SCP already in cuffs unless it was outside a specific circumstance. Seems like a oddly specific rule to muddy up the MOTD

| EX CI General | | Ex Lead Admin | 
| The best Fruit to exist |

1 hour ago, K I W I said:

-Support
This is already a thing and I rarely see D4, G9 or HTF pulling out an ethereal to deal with something like a minor breach, even when it does happen it's more or less because the SCP has been out for a while and just causing trouble. I've never seen this done to a single SCP already in cuffs unless it was outside a specific circumstance. Seems like a oddly specific rule to muddy up the MOTD

I can only speak from my Perspective, but from 3 out of my 5 Breaches i had as 682,  i wasnt brought to my CC but was simply Shot with a Etheral, as i was in cuffs. And honestly, the next times i will make Reports becuse of it, becuse its hightly dissatisfing like @Ayayasaid.

2 hours ago, K I W I said:

-Support

This doesn't have to be an MOTD thing, this could just be a SOP thing. For the #4 server on gmod to be devoid of RP is kind of sad when you look at it. Also this is a very common occurrence. +Support

Maintenance Command | Medical | E11

This is a roleplay thing, not needed within our MOTD which we're already actively trying to compress in size. 

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

9 hours ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

This is a roleplay thing, not needed within our MOTD which we're already actively trying to compress in size. 

Well, getting brought to your CC is a lot more rp then getting bound to Wall and terminated with Etherials 

13 hours ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

-Support

Also I've never seen this happen? Closest thing I've seen is SCPs not calling themselves out as tranqable when very low and getting killed

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

To the people saying they have never seen this happen. Maybe you haven't. But in the past 2 weeks I don't believe I've seen a 682 contained by walking it back once, instead of fear rping and cuffing 049 they just shoot it after fear rping it. 939's normally get ethereal'd. I'm not asking to add it to the MOTD. I'm asking that over all the people allowed or given ethereals (Especially alpha units) are asked or held to a standard not to kill things with funny laser gun unless necessary 

8 hours ago, Ayaya said:

To the people saying they have never seen this happen. Maybe you haven't. But in the past 2 weeks I don't believe I've seen a 682 contained by walking it back once, instead of fear rping and cuffing 049 they just shoot it after fear rping it. 939's normally get ethereal'd. I'm not asking to add it to the MOTD. I'm asking that over all the people allowed or given ethereals (Especially alpha units) are asked or held to a standard not to kill things with funny laser gun unless necessary 

Nothing here will be put in affect in terms of a rule being added. There are already tight restrictions when it comes to when a micro can be used. if you believe that someone is abusing the micro and blatantly killing the SCP despite being near a CC and being able to recontain, you can bring that up the branch's command.

• 3 weeks later...

Completed!

This suggestion is now in the server

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥