69th Medical Battalion update [Under Review] [Accepted] [In Progress] [Completed]

SAINTY.

Should this be added?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should this be added?

• Yes
    • No

Medical Battalion update: The addition of Defibs!

Addition: https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/the-defibrillator-a-thing-that-every-medic-needs

Jobs this will be added to:
“69th Medical Commander”
“69th Medical Vice Commander”
“69th Medical Officer”
“69th Medical Research Division”
“69th Medical Rescue Squadron”
“69th Medical Droid”
“69th Medical Sergeant”
“69th Medical Trooper”
“69th Medical Assault Unit”

Weapon loadout: No weapon / kit changes for any job, but the addition of the defib for each job.

Why should this be added?

This should be added to enhance the role of medical both on ship and off ship. People can comms in if someone has died on ship, where medical will then send troops over to help. They will be needed offship on a multitude of different missions including SOC with their new kit addition to revive people.

• Like 3

Former: Grand General / Havoc Commander / ST Vice Commander

EX Imperial Army Branch Representative.

Anybody is free to correct me on this but afaik this (or a similar addon) used to be in the server but added significant lag. 

Not leaving a decision but that’s something that might be important to consider. 

Removed General Keegan

Former Medical Senior Commander Keegan 4571

Former ImperialRP Senior Admin

Former ImperialRP Senior Gamemaster

MEGA + SUPPORT

+ Would Greatly Enhance RP for Medics

+ Give them something else to do

+ Can reduce the amount of times SF goes back and forth on off ships

EX Military RP Member |Marine CMDR, MP CMDR. DI CMDR,RUAF  ATCL LTC,EX Senior Mod / Wardog| 

ExImperial Rp MC RVMS AUO Lieutenant Colonel| Moderator GM III | 

1 minute ago, Dairy said:

MEGA + SUPPORT

Former: MC VCMDR RSL IRS Fail, ST LTCOL Fail Shore Lead STRM SNR, Shock SFC Fail

“So, good news…I saw a dog today.”  – Buddy From Elf | "Your focus determines your reality," Qui-Gon from Phantom Menace

star wars stormtrooper GIF

5 hours ago, Fizz said:

Same for me

18 minutes ago, Dairy said:

MEGA + SUPPORT

5M: EMS Captain, Sentinel
EX: Rescue Squadron Vice Marshal, Deputy Director, Director of research, medical COL, Shock, ST, Inferno. Starfighters, Naval, LOST MC X2, Mafia, Triad

“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
                                                                                                                   —Confucius

19 minutes ago, Dairy said:

MEGA + SUPPORT

SCP/Medical Senior-Command/Manager/Head of Field Work 

35 minutes ago, Dairy said:

MEGA + SUPPORT

Former: | Security Director | | ONE AND ONLY Admiral Antonio Motti | 

1 hour ago, Dairy said:

MEGA + SUPPORT

I think if implemented correctly this could be great!

| RETIRED GENERAL OF THE IMPERIAL ARMY |
| FIRST EVER IMPERIAL GOVERNOR || Former 501st "Vader's Fist" Legion Commander || Former Senior Commander || Former SF Crimson || Former IF Agent Lone Six |
| Former Imperial RP Senior Administrator || Former Senior Forums Diplomat || Former Imperial RP Gamemaster VII || Retired 501st VCMDR |
season 1 duel of the droids GIF by Star Wars

+Support
These would awesome for medical because it help troops get to the front lines faster , lay off some stress from sf ( i would know a was a sf ) and it would help with RP like allowing your surgery of experiment at second chance.

5 hours ago, Keegan said:

Anybody is free to correct me on this but afaik this (or a similar addon) used to be in the server but added significant lag. 

Not leaving a decision but that’s something that might be important to consider. 

If this is the same one we could have something in our SOP say that we cant use it at a certain amount of players.

2 hours ago, Dairy said:

MEGA + SUPPORT

[IMPERIAL RP]

Retired Purge Senior Commander Ghost.

Current Purge Commander Ghost

4 hours ago, Dairy said:

MEGA + SUPPORT

i am always correct and will always be better than you

#JusticeForTrojan #SlideForRacc #:3

Former: Imperial High Command | Deathtrooper Senior CommanderSenior Admin | Senior Forum Diplomat | Support Member

6 hours ago, Dairy said:

MEGA + SUPPORT

Former Moderator. Admiral Garrick Versio, Security Director, (Longtime SSO) Nova BHS Major Falkery NT05
spacer.png

+ and - support 

This can and would be helpful

But  there are also cons to this

+ people would save time to go back to a location if they die 

- people with tac inserts may feel that this is unfair that they payed money for that reason and others will not.

I personally do not have it, but people with it may feel that it is unfair I think this should go into careful consideration just becuase tac inserts have almost the same concept and purpose of the Defibs

9 hours ago, Dairy said:

MEGA + SUPPORT

RETIRED

30 Second Darth Vader Kio

Stepped down General Kio |  Retired Dupe Builder for Army/Navy High Command | Last Ever Nova Senior Commander | Retired Assistant Head GameMaster | Admin | ST Vice Commander Revenant

Bleach Bankai GIF

5 hours ago, Mr_Carl_Wheezer said:

+ and - support 

This can and would be helpful

But  there are also cons to this

+ people would save time to go back to a location if they die 

- people with tac inserts may feel that this is unfair that they payed money for that reason and others will not.

I personally do not have it, but people with it may feel that it is unfair I think this should go into careful consideration just becuase tac inserts have almost the same concept and purpose of the Defibs

You do not have to stay dead when you die. Nothing would be stopping you from respawning and using your tac.

• Like 1

Former: Grand General / Havoc Commander / ST Vice Commander

EX Imperial Army Branch Representative.

+ Super Support!
This is a very important addition to add to Medical. Many in my regiment have been very upset about the downgrade in their healing abilities and some have even quit over it. I feel at this point Medical urgently needs either an improvement in their general healing ability or a new healing function to perform. Many in Medical were very excited when we presented this idea to them as a new function they could perform that no other regiment or CC could take from them, making them a force of additional use and convenience to other troopers on the field, as the current aids Medical provides currently serve as a slight annoyance sometimes with both Medics and their beneficiary needing to stand still for 30 seconds or more. This new change means that even should that result in the death of the trooper being healed (and it very often will), they can be saved a respawn wait time and transport wait by that nearby medic.

As for the couple of concerns I've seen that some have, I shall address those here in an FAQ below:

Q: What about the Premium Tac Inserts? Won't those be devalued?
A: No. This change requires you to die around a medic to get the same effect guaranteed by the Tac Insert, meaning if you have not died in Medbay, Medical's Defcon locations on ship, or near one of the scattered Medics off-ship, the Tac Insert will be a more reliable tool to have as it guarantees a nearby respawn no matter where you die. A guaranteed close respawn is still worthy of being paid for if the alternative in practice relies on a moderate degree of luck to achieve the same result. Also, there may be some Black-Ops regiments like DT who may add regulations to their SOP that forbid them from being revived if they wish to restrict that due to lore reasons. Tacs will still be very important.

Q: Wouldn't this cause lag or be otherwise troublesome if implemented?
A: To my knowledge, a similar (if not exact) mod is currently in use on GamingLight's PoliceRP server, so if it works fine for them, it should work well enough here. 

Q: Wouldn't this hurt the importance of SF's Cobra Squadron mission transport duties?
A: Not too significantly. In practice some people on off-ship missions will inevitably die away from Medics, run out the timer or not feel like waiting, or be missed by a nearby Medic on accident. Even though reduced, There will still be enough people needing respawn transport to make Cobra Squadron's duties important.

Each of these above concerns have been closely considered in bringing this idea forward as a suggestion, though any other concerns are important to put forward and address so that we can ensure that this is a smooth addition to our regiment. 

"Medentes sustendo postestas de nostra Imperium!"

Former: Brigadier General Hex, (Last) Medical Senior Commander HexR DT MAJ HX3R Nova CPT Heresiarch NT00

14 hours ago, Jimmy N00Btron said:

+ Super Support!
This is a very important addition to add to Medical. Many in my regiment have been very upset about the downgrade in their healing abilities and some have even quit over it. I feel at this point Medical urgently needs either an improvement in their general healing ability or a new healing function to perform. Many in Medical were very excited when we presented this idea to them as a new function they could perform that no other regiment or CC could take from them, making them a force of additional use and convenience to other troopers on the field, as the current aids Medical provides currently serve as a slight annoyance sometimes with both Medics and their beneficiary needing to stand still for 30 seconds or more. This new change means that even should that result in the death of the trooper being healed (and it very often will), they can be saved a respawn wait time and transport wait by that nearby medic.

As for the couple of concerns I've seen that some have, I shall address those here in an FAQ below:

A: No. This change requires you to die around a medic to get the same effect guaranteed by the Tac Insert, meaning if you have not died in Medbay, Medical's Defcon locations on ship, or near one of the scattered Medics off-ship, the Tac Insert will be a more reliable tool to have as it guarantees a nearby respawn no matter where you die. A guaranteed close respawn is still worthy of being paid for if the alternative in practice relies on a moderate degree of luck to achieve the same result. Also, there may be some Black-Ops regiments like DT who may add regulations to their SOP that forbid them from being revived if they wish to restrict that due to lore reasons. Tacs will still be very important.

A: To my knowledge, a similar (if not exact) mod is currently in use on GamingLight's PoliceRP server, so if it works fine for them, it should work well enough here. 

Q: Wouldn't this hurt the importance of SF's Cobra Squadron mission transport duties?
A: Not too significantly. In practice some people on off-ship missions will inevitably die away from Medics, run out the timer or not feel like waiting, or be missed by a nearby Medic on accident. Even though reduced, There will still be enough people needing respawn transport to make Cobra Squadron's duties important.

Each of these above concerns have been closely considered in bringing this idea forward as a suggestion, though any other concerns are important to put forward and address so that we can ensure that this is a smooth addition to our regiment. 

spacer.png

The Ninth Sister 

IC SSE SFC 3434 

15 hours ago, Jimmy N00Btron said:

+ Super Support!

Former: DT Commander EX1 IF21 | ImperialRP AHGM | ImperialRP Senior Admin

On 7/19/2022 at 5:30 AM, Dairy said:

MEGA + SUPPORT

also a - addition for the known issues it is known to cause or simply not work, but its work a try

ImperialRP
Ex. Grand Inquisitor   / Ex. Lead Administrator / Ex. High Command / Ex. Support Advisor /  Ex. Senior Diplomat

• Beckett changed the title to 69th Medical Battalion update [Under Review]
  • Beckett locked this topic
  • 2 months later...