Marthan - Trial Moderator Application- Accepted

krberry

Should my Application be Accepted?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should my Application be Accepted?

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name?: Marthan

What is your steam name?: krberry

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:182772285

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): krberry#0418

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) Yes I was on a different game with similar experiences to gmod staffing such as rdm and toxicity for around 4 months and was one of the senior admins on said server 

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) 03/07/2022

What date did you make your forums account? 03/08/2022

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers? None image.thumb.png.b6a85bba602189bd84f0a6c66ca9b34f.png

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc) User

Are you a staff member in another community? No

Have you read the staff handbook? Yes I have

Timezone: EST

What rank are you applying for? Trial Moderator

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum) I believe I am deserving of this rank because I have been on this server for a decent amount of time and it's always been a positive experience when I am on this server and I wish to make it so that everyone is able to have a good experience on this server as well. I also have done staffing on similar games to GMOD as well for 4 months and have a decent amount of experience when handling player interactions and dealing with mingy people. I also feel I can handle situations with people decently well and I am decently capable of relaying information from myself to another party so I feel I would be good with dealing with sits quite well. And a final note I am pretty active on the server especially late at night due to my work shifts and I feel I would be able to take more sits at later hours on the server.

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you? 
In this situation I would attempt to calm this player down and have them work with me to see what the problem is and what actually happened during the MRDM, if this is unsuccessful I would get their STEAM:ID and call in an admin to administer a 5 day ban due to the MRDM and a formal warning to the player in question

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation?
In this situation I would attempt to divide the situation up and get another staff member to assist me whilst I try and talk one on one with people to attempt and get as much information in this situation as possible whilst the other staff member attempts to solve the issue with the other players. If certain people won't cooperate I would gag them in order to continue making the process as smooth as possible. 

+support

Good situation answers in my opinion. I've had nothing but positive and friendly interactions with him. He's hella active as well, so I see him all the time. I think he's deserving of the rank, and he's mentioned that he's had previous staffing abilities on Gmod as well. So, I feel that he will know what he's doing and catch on quick. Good luck my man, and I hope to be able to work with you soon!

Current:  Owner of "Freedom Fighters" CCPlatnium Donator Rank | Professional Gun Lover | Certified American

Former: SCP:RP Moderator | Security DHFTO 2LT American MTF NU7 SM Chaos Insurgency R&D AIN | Chaos Insurgency Military PVT |

1 hour ago, TheAmericanMan22 said:

+support

Good situation answers in my opinion. I've had nothing but positive and friendly interactions with him. He's hella active as well, so I see him all the time. I think he's deserving of the rank, and he's mentioned that he's had previous staffing abilities on Gmod as well. So, I feel that he will know what he's doing and catch on quick. Good luck my man, and I hope to be able to work with you soon!

Not GMOD but very similar to GMOD with rp scenarios and different branches and large map and of course trolls and minges and miscommunication 

+support

nice application

good scenarios (although for 1 I would do it differently but that’s just pref)

previous staff experience 

i think he would be a good member for the staff team

FormerNu-7 Low Command Medical Low CommandMTF E11 Senior CommandSCP-RP Admin/ET 

loop missing GIF King of having problems and terrible rolls

Accepted

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided to accept you into the staff team! Please speak to an SCP-RP Senior Admin within 72 hours in TeamSpeak to get started!

If you cannot get in contact with a Senior Admin within this time, please message the SCP-RP Head of Staff to determine next steps.

Thank you, and welcome to the Gaminglight Staff Team!

~SCP-RP Senior Management Team