4 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be Senior Mod

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name?: Serum

What is your steam name?: [GL] Serum

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:0:179114966

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): Serum#4216

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) Yes, on this server and past servers.

What date did you start playing on the community? 379 days ago for SCP-RP.

What date did you make your forums account? March 4, 2017

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers? 3

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc): Gold

Are you a staff member in another community? No.

Have you read the staff handbook? Yes

Timezone: CST

What rank are you applying for? Senior Moderator

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum) The reason I believe I am ready for Senior Moderator is that I have been a moderator for over a month now. I want to start the next step and start being able to ban people, yes I know it will only be three-day bans, but I want to begin to be able to. If I find someone who requires a severer punishment, I will still ban them for three days and make a ban extension request. I also want to help the new Trial Moderators in their trial period of staff. Being a guide/mentor. I want to be able to be there for someone who may need some extra help like quickly banning someone well they make a request to have the ban extended. Yes, I know I am on a reduction of activity, but I don't think that should stop me from getting Senior Moderator as a promotion should be a sign of skill and dedication. I do try to find spare time to help out in the server and the branches I am in well also handling work. I don't plan on sticking to the reduction of activity either, as when school gets back into session, I should have more time available to me as I won't be working as much as my current job is a seasonal job.
(223 Words)

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you? I would mute/gag them. I then would start with a warn for Staff Diss, and if I find they are guilty of MRDM by checking logs and clips, I would warn him for that as well and send in a ban request if necessary.

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation? I would call for another staff to come and assist in the sit, pulling them in to TS so we can talk privately about the issue. I would also verbally warn them to be calm down and be patient, if they don't I would then give a writen warning.

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving? I would try and talk to them, but they insist on not caring, I would just hand out the punishment, and if the issue persists, I would then request a temp ban as they seem to not care.

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this? I would ask for a clip, if non is provided, I would verbally warn him not to do it again, and spectate him after closing the sit. If I find them doing it again, I would pull in back into a sit, warn him for Lying to staff and Exploit abuse, then based on the staff guidelines, I would request a ban for the length of time recommended.

Edited by Serum

Former Senior Moderator | Security HFTO MAJ Serum

+support

serum is a very good admin, very helpful and understanding
PS, You need to add the vote to the post

• Like 1

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

+Support

Serum has been professional during every interaction I've had with him.  He's not only showed dedication, but also an intrinsic knowledge of the MOTD.  He definitely deserves Sr Mod

• Like 1

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

13 hours ago, 1stSavagerY said:

+Support

Serum has been professional during every interaction I've had with him.  He's not only showed dedication, but also an intrinsic knowledge of the MOTD.  He definitely deserves Sr Mod

I agree with everything stated above ^!  Serum seems incredibly competent and fully professional, I know he would make a fantastic Senior Mod !

|   Head Administrator  |  Director of Intelligence  |

| Death Trooper Commander Epsilon-11 Commander Alpha-1 Commander High General Goat | Shock Vice Commander |

+support

If you don’t get senior mod man…

Serum deserves this rank. He’s active and very professional. Never had any problems with him. He’s a closet furry as well. :smug:

Current:  Owner of "Freedom Fighters" CCPlatnium Donator Rank | Professional Gun Lover | Certified American

Former: SCP:RP Moderator | Security DHFTO 2LT American MTF NU7 SM Chaos Insurgency R&D AIN | Chaos Insurgency Military PVT |

• 2 weeks later...

Accepted

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided to accept you into the staff team! Please speak to an SCP-RP Senior Admin within 72 hours in TeamSpeak to get started!

If you cannot get in contact with a Senior Admin within this time, please message the SCP-RP Head of Staff to determine next steps.

Thank you, and welcome to the Gaminglight Staff Team!

~SCP-RP Senior Management Team