[GL] will - False Warn Report- Denied

Mr Smurk

Your In-game: Mr Smurk (aka Rias/Drakeo)

The admin's name in-game: will

The admin's steam name (If you know it): [GL] Will 

What warning did you receive: breaking priority rules

Evidence of the warn (REQUIRED):  https://gyazo.com/8455c7ca31c64bffd79c5e97690ad15d

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/sjgLd4hP_HUO_/d1337xAhNPMY?invite=cr-MSxHaGMsNTY1MDMwODIs

Why do you think this warn was false:

Well in the first part of the clip keep in mind I was never in a 10-80 before or anything like that this would have been the first traffic stop if he did it right so as I pass him it looked like he was already pulling over that white BMW in the clip so when I reverse to see what is happing I see lights but no sirens on so I was not thinking he was not after me i even waited 3 seconds to see if he would say anything or turn on sirens and he still did not by the time he actually turned his sirens on I was way past him literally left him behind i get that he had his lights on but my point is his sirens how am i going to know i feel lights is just not enough in a case like this also listen to what will had to say in this clip i mean like it made no sense to me cuz he took the words out my mouth i feel like i should have got a verbal instead of a formal warn i don't do stuff like this on purpose i'm just a normal dude on a gmod server trnna have sum fun people know that 

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/sjkTcXaMPtcEB/d1337Wc9clcG?invite=cr-MSxtcVMsNTY1MDMwODIs

^ this is the clip of him admitting there should be lights and sirens on in a normal 10-38 even tho he gave me a formal warning  

Edited by Mr Smurk
forgot warn post

+ support 

The cop in the clip was very obviously pulling over the white vehicle so how is he supposed to know that he changed traffic stops to him.

Family Head of Shadow Legacy 

SWAT CPL / SPS / APM / JFTO

PD SGT / FTO 

State Trooper / CERT 

+support

It seems like a miss understanding on smurks part as you can see that it looks like the cop is pulling over the white car. Any individual from that point on wouldn’t think he is being chased by a cop and to the people that say “well you can see the cop start turning around” it’s easy to get tunnel vision and not see stuff. I don’t understand why it’s a warn, as it’s more of a misunderstanding on smurks part. I think the warn should be removed to nothing or just a verbal because a warn is a bit excessive.

Current Positions:

Trooper Colonel of Illinois State Police / Sergeant Major of Rockford Police

Emergency Medical Technician of Rockford EMS / Recruit in Delta Force

8 hours ago, Dry said:

+support

It seems like a miss understanding on smurks part as you can see that it looks like the cop is pulling over the white car. Any individual from that point on wouldn’t think he is being chased by a cop and to the people that say “well you can see the cop start turning around” it’s easy to get tunnel vision and not see stuff. I don’t understand why it’s a warn, as it’s more of a misunderstanding on smurks part. I think the warn should be removed to nothing or just a verbal because a warn is a bit excessive.

PD SM | SWAT LT | SL Consigliere 

MLG Pro Negev player 

#buffthenegev2023

rfawfa.png.7b7c7a61861c5b4a13bf66567ce2fb82.png

45 minutes ago, cpt.atomic said:

+support I've seen everyone do this not just smurk nobody pulls over for the cop unless they know its for them and in this case, it looks like smurk didn't know that it was for them

The "everybody does it so its okay" isn't correct and that is why people don't rp situations. If you continue to run after you cut the clip I would have considered that breaking priority rules, but you likely didn't show that context intentionally 

-Support 

While I do want to honestly say this was false I truthfuly can't when you legit https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/sjkTcXaMPtcEB/1ul6EgNe8uei?invite=cr-MSxtcVMsNTY1MDMwODIs at 0:14 see him pull towards you then at 0:17 you floor. 

I how ever do believe that this should of been a verbal warn if you weren't staff.

Previous Positions: Ex-Death Trooper | Ex- Inferno Squad Leader | Retired HRT LT | Retired FBI DCOS | Retired FBI FTO DD | Retired PD Major 

Current Positions: SRT Member spacer.png

10 hours ago, [GL] Locus said:

-Support 

While I do want to honestly say this was false I truthfuly can't when you legit https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/sjkTcXaMPtcEB/1ul6EgNe8uei?invite=cr-MSxtcVMsNTY1MDMwODIs at 0:14 see him pull towards you then at 0:17 you floor. 

I how ever do believe that this should of been a verbal warn if you weren't staff.

i dont care GIF 

21 hours ago, Dry said:

+support

i dont care GIF 

21 hours ago, Dry said:

+support

Clarkie

14 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

The "everybody does it so its okay" isn't correct and that is why people don't rp situations. If you continue to run after you cut the clip I would have considered that breaking priority rules, but you likely didn't show that context intentionally 

that's my bad i should've been more specific i was talking about the part where SNR Peter says that he should've moved to the side for a cop i don't see anyone do that  for cops 

• Head Admin

The MOTD section that defines priority rules lists 3 cases in which criminals must fulfill, or meet one or more of the listed cases in order to run from police, which you told me you did not have a reason to run from me upon confrontation:

unknown.png

In the video, it does not show or record that my sirens were on when they were on my end (I was using the wail pattern at the time, and had turned them on right after you past me). A similar situation happened to me months back where I saw no lights and no sirens from a cop that was following me around, and that officer showed on video they had lights and sirens and attempted to have me warned. I unfortunately do not have the luxury of video this time around since Nvidia was being dumb at the time. On your end, while the sirens were not prevalent, my movement and the visual of my lights being on is more than enough to indicate a traffic stop being attempted.

Despite this, it is common law in the US to move over to the right side of the road if emergency vehicles are approaching you from any direction, and you are to stay there until either the vehicle passes you, or you are directed to leave by law enforcement. Even if your mustang is faster than my dinky little Taurus, it is still your responsibility to move over to the right side of the road. https://www.raleightrafficticket.com/failure-yield-emergency-vehicle/

I would have given you a verbal warning for priority rules if you hadn't decided to run from me after I teleported to you, and while you were outside your vehicle repairing it. Also, the fact that you are technically a member of the staff team as a trial moderator added to my decision to issue a formal warning, as it is required of you to know all the rules and what they mean per the staff handbook. While verbal's are yes, less severe than a formal, I've learned from near 3 years of staffing experience that a majority of players learn their lesson, and are 10x more cautious in the future if and when they receive a formal warning for something.

• Gaminglight Love 1
  • Skull 1

Forklift_Signature.png