Diz's Senior Admin Application - Denied

Diz

Should I be promoted?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be promoted?

• Yes
    • No

(I know this is a little late, but I wasn't home for a couple days and couldn't get on my PC to make the app.)

What is your in-game name?:
Diz

What is your steam name?:
[GL] Diz

What is your steam ID?:
STEAM_0:0:455967411

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667):
Diz#0100

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain)
I have been staff in SCPRP for almost 7 months. (T-Mod app got accepted on 12/20/2021)

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly)
Around 9/23 if I remember correctly.

What date did you make your forums account?
9/11, 2019

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers?
3 (https://tools.gaminglight.com/profile/76561198872200550)

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc)
Gold

Are you a staff member in another community?
No.

Have you read the staff handbook?
Yes, I have memorized it completely by now.

Timezone:
GMT+2

What rank are you applying for?
Senior Admin

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)
First off,

Activity
I always try to be as active as possible, I'm on almost every day for 3+ hours; due to my timezone, I'm usually on during the off-hours, where most of the time I am the only Admin and sometimes the only staff member on, this means I'll be able to train any new T-Mods who just got accepted but cannot find someone to train them for the same reason as me, handle any ban requests/extensions and provide help to other staff members who are having trouble during sits.
Regarding my sit taking, I always hit quota and go beyond that, usually taking 40-50+ sits every week, even though it is kind of hard, as there is always a lack of sits during the off hours.

Experience
I've been a staff member in SCP-RP for almost 7 months (T-Mod app got accepted on 12/20/2021) and an Admin for nearly 3 months, I believe I have the needed experience a Senior Admin should have to make the best possible decisions during sits and to overall improve everyone's experience while playing so they always have fun, including rule-breakers and minges.
Apart from that, I have been ET for around 2 months before resigning to focus on staff, so I already know what the ET commands that come with the ULX Senior Admin tag do and to not abuse them.

Scenario questions:

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?
First, I would attempt to calm him down a bit, he could've had a bad day or something similar. If that does not work however, I would gag/mute him temporarily and explain that he was Mass RDMing, which is a 5 day ban. Depending on the context, I would then warn/ban him.

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation?
I would bring them one by one to a different staff room to hear everyone's side of the story while the others talk things out, if they keep being toxic though, I would simply gag/mute the people who are constantly toxic, until I can render a decision.

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving?
These kind of people usually break the rules because they think it's funny or due to similar reasons, I would explain to them how by breaking the rules, they are just being annoying and ruining other players' experience. If they keep breaking the rules, I would ban them for some time. (Assuming they weren't auto-banned already)

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?
First off, I would explain to the player that they can be warned for NCWS and/or Lying to Staff, and that lying will just get them a harsher punishment. Next, depending on the severity/popularity of the bug and the player's experience on the server. I would either explain that they are abusing a bug that could potentially get them banned if they keep abusing it, OR warn/ban them.

Edited by Diz

Retired SCP-RP Admin/ETM

c7.jpg.e0bbf2b7aed5a169d941bb4a43d4bf5c.jpg

+ Support

This is an amazing application. Also super active, and an all around great staff member.

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

8 minutes ago, Caroline said:

+ Support

This is an amazing application. Also super active, and an all around great staff member.

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

2 hours ago, Caroline said:

+ Support

+Support
I LOVE DIZ!!!!!
😍😍😍

Current: Facilities Supervisor | MTF D5 Sergeant Major "2F4U"
Former: CI 1LT SPEED |  Red Right Hand Engineer Delta 27 
CCs: The Soldier | Cold Wind

image.png.6c10ab8f3be17e6810aff4d36acc1a68.png.f42f1eb00b1a1016250001dd05a58630.png

HUGE +SUPPORT

Diz is extremely helpful and always acts kindly and professional to all players, he would make an amazing addition to the Sr Admin team as he always takes the initiative.

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

5 hours ago, 1stSavagerY said:

HUGE +SUPPORT

Diz is extremely helpful and always acts kindly and professional to all players, he would make an amazing addition to the Sr Admin team as he always takes the initiative.

+support

The application is very well structured and is aesthetically pleasing. 

Went above and beyond in the descriptions of 4 situations instead of 2. 

Active on the server. 

Loved by the community. 

Currently GENSEC and MTF Nu7. In-Game name is May. 

+Support
- Has Very Much experience.
- Good answers for the Scenario questions.
- Great App
- Well known among the staff and other players.
- Great Guy

Hope u get Senior Admin, Rank

Current: |{Clan} U.I.U Junor Agent|Lead Researcher| 

Former/Retired: Research Assistant Manager-SCP-RP: Senior Moderator 

+Support
I've personally only had positive interactions with Diz, in and out of them staffing. They're a nice and respectful person who seems overall fit for Senior admin. Also an old time player so fully aware of the ins and outs of the server.

| EX CI General | | Ex Lead Admin | 
| The best Fruit to exist |

• Owner

Denied

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided not to accept you for staff. This can be because of your application, experience, behavior, feedback, or other unstated reasons. You may re-apply in 1 week.