4 members have voted

1. 1. Voting

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name?: Able Adam

What is your steam name?: Shojar

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:0:67043186

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): Sour Apple#4620

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: Yes, I was staff on RainRP (darkrp) as well as a 1942RP server (which seems to have been removed.)

What date did you start playing on the community? Year and a half ago, roughly.

What date did you make your forums account? I don't know specifically, I'd wager around the same time.

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers? One, I accidentally followed someone into D-Block as an SCP roughly a year ago.Warning.thumb.jpg.3d038f4c43136f689c50a71f5c1862ef.jpg

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc) Platninum

Are you a staff member in another community? Not currently.

Have you read the staff handbook? Yes.

Timezone: EST.

What rank are you applying for? Trial Moderator

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? I believe I deserve the rank because I have experience staffing on Gmod as well as outside of it. I staffed for DarkRP for about a year before I went back to school and I enjoyed being able to mediate and assist those around me. I enjoy learning and I know when I need help, but at the same time I'm independent and would seek the information from a source if possible. I believe I'd quickly pick up the rules and regulations that are expected of me as I'm a "by the book" type of person. It's important to me that staff is seen as professional and courteous so I always will strive to maintain that appearance. I usually am active late into the night, but I work remote, so if there are specific times that it would be better for me to fill, I'd happily oblige. Maturity is vital when it comes to handling sits and potential issues that might arise on the server, I think of myself as being able to listen and fully understand a situation before acting. I primarily play as an SCP, so when it comes to self-breaching and breaching doors, I know how frustrating it can be, those precious seconds to get a door open can make or break an attempt of escape. I'd really love to be able to assist those individuals and make for a better roleplay experience. All in all, I believe my maturity, calm natured personality will be put to great use here on SCPRP. I'd love for the opportunity to act as a role model of sorts. I understand in the Trial-Moderator rank I wouldn't exactly be the beacon of hope, but I'd be able to make a difference where it counts.

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

After bringing the individual to the sit, I'd check the logs to verify the claim of mass RDM, assuming it's true I'd tried to explain the situation and make sure they understand the rule that was broken. If the individual is still acting rash, I'd gag them while explaining the warning they will receive for Mass RDM as well as issue a 5 day ban per handbook. If further issues arose, I'd request help from a higher staff member for their opinion/ advice. Either way, I'd like to inform a higher staff member to ensure it went properly / any feedback they could offer.

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving?

I'd explain to them that the rules that are currently in place, are there to protect everyone's experiences. Certain actions that are against the rules, could indirectly impact a players RP. Not caring about a punishment doesn't warrant not receiving one, so they'd get their punishment regardless. I find that most people that act like they don't care about their punishment are just looking to get a rise out of you. Remaining calm and rational is the best way to handle it. If they didn't want to play on the server, they wouldn't.

-Support

First of all Okay you joined 2 years ago but you haven't been that active since then you only started playing 6 days ago and before that blackout no activity

https://www.battlemetrics.com/players/896514200

The only message you have on the forum is your application.

A Trial mod cannot ban anyone you would have to call an Admin+ or a Senior Moderator if there is no admin on.

I would still suggest you get more activity on the server before doing a staff application.

• Like 1

With Best Regards

Current MTF E11 2LT Banner , Former CI Delta-Command  

26 minutes ago, Ryan th0z said:

-Support

First of all Okay you joined 2 years ago but you haven't been that active since then you only started playing 6 days ago and before that blackout no activity

https://www.battlemetrics.com/players/896514200

The only message you have on the forum is your application.

A Trial mod cannot ban anyone you would have to call an Admin+ or a Senior Moderator if there is no admin on.

I would still suggest you get more activity on the server before doing a staff application.

I did take a hiatus from playing RP servers all together. I appreciate your response and suggestion. 

From what I understood, trial moderators are shadowed by a higher staff member during their time as a trial moderator, so punishments would be by proxy, assuming I did the sit with their support.

-Support

The activity is the biggest problem in my own opinion. One of the requirements for a TMod is to be known and have a generally positive reputation with the community. Work on the activity part and my - will become a + support.

• Like 1

-Support 
Well if you wanna be a Tmod you actually need to play on the server and people must recognize you, your establishment on the server is close to 0 and thats not good if you wanna be a Tmod you also started playing 6 days ago so I don't belive people would trust you.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Destroyer2 said:

-Support 
Well if you wanna be a Tmod you actually need to play on the server and people must recognize you, your establishment on the server is close to 0 and thats not good if you wanna be a Tmod you also started playing 6 days ago so I don't belive people would trust you.

I actually played a good bit roughly a year ago. The log sent by Ryan Thotz does not reflect this. If you check my time played VS those logs, you'll see a discrepancy. I do appreciate your reply though, I'm working on getting hours on the server up.

hs59usd.png

Which isn't a lot, but the bar graph reflects substantially lower, and does not show that I played over a year ago.

jpgqueG.png

2 hours ago, AlexMSD said:

-Support

The activity is the biggest problem in my own opinion. One of the requirements for a TMod is to be known and have a generally positive reputation with the community. Work on the activity part and my - will become a + support.

Thank you for the response, I'm currently working on getting hours logged on the server up. It seems most people do this by AFKing which skews the value of hours played. Regardless, this is held in high esteem, so the effort is being made without AFKing!

Edited by Shojar

On 7/13/2022 at 7:13 AM, AlexMSD said:

-Support

Agreed with above, just play on the server and pick up activity a bit more to show dedication before you apply for trial mod.
-support

| EX CI General | | Ex Lead Admin | 
| The best Fruit to exist |

Denied

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided not to accept you for staff. This can be because of your application, experience, behavior, feedback, or other unstated reasons. You may re-apply in 1 week.