Surge's RFA Application

Surge22

In-Game Name: ADVR LTR Surge

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:175586981

Current Research Rank: Advanced Researcher

Foundation Test Log(s) (graded 8+/10 only): https://gaminglight.com/forums/topic/92365-scp-173-defense-research/

Your Operations Advisor Overseer, has informed you there is a group of insurgents collecting foundation data at a field operating base on the surface. They are armed and well secured. How would you approach it? (100+ words): I would immediately relay the information over to Mobile Task Force Unit Epsilon-11  as they are stationed on the surface near the foundation gates and inform other units available. Next, I would start providing them with detailed information of the situation at hand. I would then start conducting a field analysis of the insurgents' field operation base to plan a counter-attack/assault to destroy everything they've collected, terminate/capture personnel, and completely level the base to prevent them from performing future operations. Lastly, foundation high command will need to be briefed on a possible future assault as the sensitive information that was stolen could've been sent to their leaders before we the base was attacked. We will not know if the insurgents will attack again or not, but putting extra security measures near the foundation gates will be necessary.

There is a strange SCP that calls himself the “targeter”. When the name of another individual is said within earshot of the “targeter” the “targeter” will teleport to the individual that has had their name said, and run off. How would you suggest the foundation approach apprehension and / or termination of this individual? (100+ Words): Assuming this is an SCP that is not contained by the foundation then we need to assume its a keter level threat because we have very little information about it. Right away we need to have maintenance technicians design an anechoic chamber. If the SCP is inside the foundation then it will be top priority. All personnel will be informed to wear safety ear plugs. This protocol is necessary because in order to prevent this SCP from hearing anyone until containment, the foundation PA will produce a very loud ringing noise to prevent anyone from hearing anything. If any personnel were to fail putting in ear plugs their eardrums will rupture and start bleeding. Next we will need to see if we can apprehend this SCP. If not possible then we are required to terminate the SCP.

An abandoned camp site has been discovered on the surface, hidden incredibly well within the brush. There are documents, newspaper scraps, as well as an old laptop with unknown data being transferred to a suspicious I.P. address. How do you react? (100+ Words): First things first is to guarantee the safety of our research team and make sure there are no bombs, traps, or any other devices that could harm us. Next, we will (depending on the site code) contact Epsilon-11 to secure the camp site perimeter from other unauthorized personnel or trespassers and treat this as a high value investigation that needs to be kept secret.  We will need to analyze every aspect of this abandoned camp site. All documents and scraps will be analyzed on-site. The old laptop with unknown data will be analyzed by the foundation's  information security experts to reverse engineer the network traffic of where the location of this I.P. address is and its origins.
- If we are unsuccessful on getting a location or origin then by protocol we would just wipe the laptop and destroy the hard drives. 
- If we are successful on finding information on any possible G.O.I/SCP information the laptop will be shut off to disable the data transfer and brought back to high command/Overseer.