Keypad & Keycard System [Accepted] [In Progress] [Completed]

Mann

Keypads & Keycard System  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should be add Keypads & Keycards?

• Yes
    • No

What do you want to see?: Keypads & Keycards

Why should we add it?: As it currently stands, the members of the ISD have identifications in the form of keybinds or /me's. Adding actual Keycards/Keypads would increase roleplay and decrease the occurrences of random people running into restricted locations.

What are the advantages of having this?: The benefit of having a physical Keycard system means we can better restrict access to critical locations on the ship. This keycard system will also increase roleplay by having physical ID cards people can view and display to those who ask to check their ID.

Who is it for?: This is for all regiments and Imperial personnel.

Links to any content: https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/billys-keypads

• Like 1
  • Gaminglight Love 2

Former: Imperial Lord Darth Vader | DT Senior Commander WH0

+ Massive Support

Very Helpful

Great for Roleplay

Makes sense

Would be a perfect addition to the server

- This is of course if the addon is compatible and optimized for the server to benefit from.

• Thanks 1

Emperor Palpatine

| Ex. Shock Commander | Ex. Storm Trooper Captain | Ex. Nova Lieutenant-Colonel

+Support
Seen these before on several servers, including star wars RP.
My hope if you add these is that, either with the current map or with the new one, certain areas are only accessible with certain key cards!!! This would make it easy to prevent say an ST hitting a hyperspace button.   

Cons of this Idea (Doesn't mean I do not support this)
RP for Nova and Naval would have to change, for Naval it would be removing their ID Patrols and for Nova completely changing REDACTED procedures. 

Final thoughts, I would hope that if this is implimented the battalions that would be affected by this idea have someting to either replace or add to roleplay with this. I think this would help add to roleplay, just needs to be ironed out all the details of how they would be implemented in RP.

Former Moderator. Admiral Garrick Versio, Security Director, (Longtime SSO) Nova BHS Major Falkery NT05
spacer.png

18 minutes ago, Bon said:

+ Massive Support

Very Helpful

Great for Roleplay

Makes sense

- This is of course if the addon is compatible and optimized for the server to benefit from.

| RETIRED GENERAL OF THE IMPERIAL ARMY |
| FIRST EVER IMPERIAL GOVERNOR || Former 501st "Vader's Fist" Legion Commander || Former Senior Commander || Former SF Crimson || Former IF Agent Lone Six |
| Former Imperial RP Senior Administrator || Former Senior Forums Diplomat || Former Imperial RP Gamemaster VII || Retired 501st VCMDR |
season 1 duel of the droids GIF by Star Wars

2 hours ago, Bon said:

+ Massive Support

Very Helpful

Great for Roleplay

Makes sense

If Palpy +Supports then you already know it's good. 

RETIRED

30 Second Darth Vader Kio

Stepped down General Kio |  Retired Dupe Builder for Army/Navy High Command | Last Ever Nova Senior Commander | Retired Assistant Head GameMaster | Admin | ST Vice Commander Revenant

Bleach Bankai GIF

2 hours ago, Bon said:

+ Massive Support

Very Helpful

Great for Roleplay

Makes sense

Former: | Security Director | | ONE AND ONLY Admiral Antonio Motti | 

2 hours ago, Bon said:

+ Massive Support

Very Helpful

Great for Roleplay

Makes sense

Ex FBI DCOS | Ex FTO Director | Ex HRT 1LT | Ex PPD Overseer | Forum Diplomat | PoliceRP Admin | Ex Event Team Co-Leader | SL Capo | Negev abuser

Former | State 1T | Lord III | PO2 | Imperial Senior Mod | GM3

Barret Deleter 28-7

This is a 100% +Support from me. We went through quite a few discussions on the subject and these would greatly improve RP and functionality. Locking down certain areas will prevent players with malicious intent from interrupting or carrying out ill will on the server. I hope this is accepted!! 
format bad bc on phone 

Edited by Bear_

- Advisor Bear -
- = was Darth Vader (fortnite) & killed a lot of people (MRDM)= -
R IC COL 6150 BEAR | R ST COL Barrett 6150

3 hours ago, Bon said:

+ Massive Support

Very Helpful

Great for Roleplay

Makes sense

Ex Grand General!

Ex Nova Senior Commander

3 hours ago, Bon said:

+ Massive Support

Very Helpful

Great for Roleplay

Makes sense

spacer.png

The Ninth Sister 

IC SSE SFC 3434 

14 hours ago, Bon said:

+ Massive Support

Very Helpful

Great for Roleplay

Makes sense

This addition would allow for more passive RP options and community interaction. Furthermore if used correctly it could allow for something to do during off hours eg keycard expires in this many hourd and you have to go to someone to get it renewed. Either way great potential addition.

Current: Shock LTCOL
Former: Grand Inquisitor | Shadow Guard Lead | Sovereign Protector

• Beckett locked and unlocked this topic
20 hours ago, Bon said:

+ Massive Support

Very Helpful

Great for Roleplay

Makes sense

6 hours ago, Zabuza said:

This addition would allow for more passive RP options and community interaction. Furthermore if used correctly it could allow for something to do during off hours eg keycard expires in this many hourd and you have to go to someone to get it renewed. Either way great potential addition.

Former

Royal Guard Sovereign Protector Kir Kanos

randy-forsyth-empguard.png

On 7/10/2022 at 11:41 AM, Bon said:

+ Massive Support

Very Helpful

Great for Roleplay

Makes sense

ImperialRP
Ex. Grand Inquisitor   / Ex. Lead Administrator / Ex. High Command / Ex. Support Advisor /  Ex. Senior Diplomat

On 7/9/2022 at 10:51 PM, Bear_ said:

This is a 100% +Support from me. We went through quite a few discussions on the subject and these would greatly improve RP and functionality. Locking down certain areas will prevent players with malicious intent from interrupting or carrying out ill will on the server. I hope this is accepted!! 
format bad bc on phone 

This will massively increase roleplay!

The Grand Inquisitor Vertigo 

First Field Commander 

Former Purge Senior Commander 

darth vader GIF by Upamanyu Bhattacharyya

+Support

the whole of HC sat down and discussed this. We came up with a democratic agreement that this would not only make battalions feel better about their clearance level, it would also prevent minges from entering critical areas such as the Engine Core and bridge. Killing 2 birds, with 1 stone.

formatting sucks ass because I’m on my phone.

• Gaminglight Love 1

Former: Grand General / Havoc Commander / ST Vice Commander

EX Imperial Army Branch Representative.

• 4 weeks later...