'Call me corny' - My history with GMOD RP

Call me corny, but goddamn if GL is best RP sever i have ever played. And you may think, "oh he is just saying that cos he is staff and he wants to look good,"  but no, if i were to take a deep long look at my history with RP, GL is by FAR the best. And here, is that story.

Picture this, its around 2018-2019, and i just got myself my first, but still slow, sh*t laptop, and on request of myself, it has garrysmod installed. At first, all i played was single player with British show Doctor Who mods installed. Flying around on space maps with a few space ships exc. I had some fun with that, but then i clicked on the mystical thing called "Multiplayer."

Surprisingly my first RP sever wasn't Doctor Who, it was Hogwarts, and honestly, it was a mixed bag. I never got bullied, i never had to call staff, it just was... a bit.. dull. My name was like Jonathon Davidson or something, but for the first and only time ever, i joined a family, that being, the Shoeshiners. Yep, my name is like 3 or 4 years old. Even after donating i got board after 2 or3 months and moved on.

After a short scroll through the sever list, i found a Doctor Who RP sever. And i thought, oh what the hell.  For the first few days, it was great. It was a small sever, but the stuff i did on there was actually really fun. But then, about a week later. The bullying started. One person constantly harassing me, finding loop holes in rules to kill me, Harassing me in OOC, and one day, banded the entire sever together just to kill and bully me. But, when all seemed lost, he joined the staff team, and actually became a really nice guy.  But sadly, after the sever got fun again, it shut down. This was a blow to me, as it finaly seemed like a dream sever, but then i discovered, the dreaded DARK RP.

My first time with Dark Rp is arguably my longest (dont take that the wrong way you dirty minded fu-) apart from GL, and that was on Civil Gamers RP. There, i was kinda just in the crowd. People knew who i was, i got to the level you needed to be to be the highest ranking PD. But, there was some low level bullying, and i met the only person i ever friended on steam and did crime with, and ill keep his name secret for now. We were an ok pair, got along ok, but then one day, we had a big fight, and never recovered, and around that time, i left CC Dark RP for ever. 

Now SCP RP is a bit of a blury one for me. In total, i believe i joined 3. The first and second are blury, as it was a long time ago. In one, i know i just got to security, and never had fun as i was too new, and the system on how to get whitelists was wack. The other i actually got perma banned from. I was a lot less mature back then, and the way their levels work was you had to be a D-class grinding for like 3 hours to just get security, witch sucked, so i minged and got banned, honestly my biggest regret in Gmod of all time. But then, i joined SCP RP in Gaming light, and oh what a time. I had alot of fun this one, and im not too sure why i drifted away like i did. I even got into MTF E-11, but i imagen i got removed due to inactivity. This was so fun, and i kind of want to go back, so to anyone who is in E-11 command reading this, be expecting me one day.

Honourable mentions. There were a few severs i joined, ones friends wanted me to join, ones i was just curious about, but the most important one is: Icefuse Police RP. And. God. Damn did it suck. You want to know how i can say that? I joined it twice, 6 months apart, and the second 1 day ago on 7-9-22. Minging galore, toxic criminals, Bullying lower ranks, poor moderation, and oh BTW, on that sever Roleplay might as well be illegal to even mention. SO I SUGEST TO ANY OF YOU WHO SEE IT, DONT. PLAY. IT.

And that brings us to today, or around 4 moths ago. I hop on this cool looking police RP sever called Gaming light Police RP (hey thats the same name as that one SCP one i saw!) and i immediately joined the police cadets, got trained by Sargent major philosophy, Got promoted all the way to master Sargent, Attended state police try-outs, applied for SWAT and later staff, Got all the way to SWAT supervisor and State Command, and here we are today.  Never got bullied, always welcomed. Its funny.... A while ago, i hated one of the largest gangs on Police RP.... Shadow legacy, because they were "too mingy" or "Stupid." But, after meeting and getting to know some of the people, and taking a look back at my history, i think they may the best people i have ever met, and some good ass rivals..

So that's the story of me. In game, i like to think of myself as a wondering LEO, joining the police in many cities around the world, worked for a secretive foundation (got my memory wiped) and settled down in Illinois as a LEO. And that's not too far off from what happened. So, call my corny, but damn, GL is FAR better than everything else. 

TLDR: Wow every other RP sever sucks, GL rocks bro on god.

Edited by Jon Shoeshiner
  • Gaminglight Love 1

State Reserves | DOC Reserves |CERT Reserves 

Ex-SWAT Low Command

Yeah, had the same sort of thing happened. DarkRP sucked, you couldn't rp. They even put up walls randomly that you had to pay to walk through and didn't even tell you why. When I joined policerp I actually saw something that would be fun to play and not some crappy server advertised by huge youtubers to make it look fun and get more players.

Edited by Infinity Foxlet

Honestly GL is better because there are active admins all the time and the admins will cut you some slack if you do something wrong and you didn't know it was against the rules, but they would warn you if you knew it was against the rules and did it anyways. Overall PoliceRP is what makes Gmod fun for me.