Kiwi's Senior Admin Application- Accepted

K I W I

Kiwi for Senior admin  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kiwi become Senior Admin??? :)

What is your in-game name?:
Kiwi

What is your steam name?:
[GL] Kiwi

What is your steam ID?:
STEAM_0:0:98059290

What is your discord username:
Kiwi#8877

Do you have any other experience with staffing?:
Yes. I've been Super Admin on two HL2Rp servers and various staff positions on HL2Rp servers in general, moderation and Event team was handled through administration so I have experience in a little bit of events and such as well as general staffing.

What date did you start playing on the community?:
April 2 2022

What date did you make your forums account?:
May 1

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers?:

What is your donor rank?:
Platinum

Are you a staff member in another community?:
No

Have you read the staff handbook?:
Yes 

Timezone:
EST

What rank are you applying for?:
Senior Admin

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank?:
To start off with I have a lengthy ammount of time staffing in general on Garry's mod, from roughly back in 2014-2015 around when HL2Rp and Combine Control were popular, so I have a load of experience under my belt in GMod Rp staffing. In the time I've spent in SCP-RP I've gained a lot of experience and knowledge on how staffing works in this server, from various scenarios, questions, concerns I believe I'm a smart, collected, mature and trustworthy person and I feel as if my peers could attest to that. Despite my low ammount of time on the server and in Gaming light I feel as if I'm one of the most experienced people for the position due to the ammount of time I've played, I've always strived for staff as I quite enjoy helping out with the server and always am looking to assist wherever I can, the higher the rank the more I can do in that exact duty. (Ik it's just staff on Gmod but GL is life) I'll be joining the Air force in due time around September 20th so I will be gone to basic for around 2-3 months but I really intend on coming back and continuing to be apart of staff on Gaming light as it's probably one of my favorite places to be and be apart of and wanna continue being apart of staff. I feel as if I can do much more on GL if I'm in a Senior admin position in doing various things in assisting on the Server and such.

Scenario questions:

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?:
Usually RDM sits go pretty simply as logs tell the tale of what happened and it ends up being to a staffs discretion on how they acted in the sit to see what problems they have and to issue a proper punishment. If someone ends up just cursing at you gagging the person usually is the best way to solve it as it prevents them from continuing to make the sit unproductive and waste time, also keeping them from throwing and diss towards the other player and you involved in the sit, after letting them know that they need to calm down and to relax as it's simply not that serious or needed to be agitated and rude towards anyone, afterword's trying to handle the sit as properly and normally and then after issuing whichever punishment seems fit I would ungag them to see how they're acting and if they continue to be a nuisance deal with them accordingly by keeping them gagged for a reasonable ammount of time to give them the chance to relax and understand that being toxic is just going to cause more problems.

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation?:
Generally speaking a large sit like this it's always welcome to bring in another staff member that's available to properly and without wasting time/escalating the sit and handling whatever way the sit seems fit. Usually if people become very toxic handling it in the best way is separating them from one another as it's much easier to deal with one on one rather than deal with unproductive arguing as it just creates more issues within the sit and muds up the process in handling the sit. After getting the sides of each of the players simply remind them to keep it chill and if there are any problems with the punishment dealt out to head to the forums and handle it there as arguing in the sit is only going to arise tension and issues with one another.

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving?:
Best way to handle someone who lacks any care about the punishment is to simply let them go afterword's, issuing another punishment or seeming vindictive about how they feel about their punishment isn't gonna lead anywhere, and if they continue to be an issue just simply go forward with another punishment as needed. Players receiving a punishment can react in whichever way they feel is needed and if they really need to reminding them the forums exists for certain issues with staff members or how the sit was handled is the best way to go about things as arguing the semantics of the situation with no real outcome isn't going to bring anything positive to the situation or fixing it in general.

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?:
People can plea and lie through their teeth very simply. Staff exist for this reason as the rules are never going to be stated exactly for each and every scenario. If it comes down to it, the player had abused a known bug and should be punished for it properly, if they really feel a punishment they receive is unjust in anyway they can be told to head to the forums and fill out an appeal as it would be the best way to get other opinions and such from other players. If in the end it seems the player is simply trying to find a loophole in the system, I'd use my discretion on how they acted in the sit and give them an according punishment to the bug they abused and how much it was abused. If they seem like they were very genuine about the situation or if the bug wasn't obvious to the player I'd probably give them a verbal and remind them to try and read the MOTD and known bugs to avoid doing the same thing in the future.

[I know I haven't been around as a lot of people in this server but I appreciate you reading and considering what I've put down n hope for your support, in the end I appreciate any and all criticisms and concerns on me.]

Edited by K I W I
Correction
  • Like 3
  • Heart-Eyes 1
  • Dislike 4

| EX CI General | | Ex Lead Admin | 
| The best Fruit to exist |

-support

this guy has been an amazing staff member on the server (at least he was in my time), and does great work. however, im not sure that he should just be able to speedrun the staff ranks to senior admin in the timespan of about 3 months. other than him speedrunning gaminglight, great option for a senior admin. and the application is also great, gotta mention that too ig.

• Like 1

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

On 7/9/2022 at 12:46 AM, Caroline said:

+/- support

this guy has been an amazing staff member on the server (at least he was in my time), and does great work. however, im not sure that he should just be able to speedrun the staff ranks to senior admin in the timespan of about 3 months. other than him speedrunning gaminglight, great option for a senior admin. and the application is also great, gotta mention that too ig.

-support

im really torn on this.  kiwi is super active on the forums and in game, always enjoyable to talk to him and has a great personality, but he just got admin a week ago and i don’t think he should immediately jump to sr admin after such a short time.  

• Like 1

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to -support.

You were trained for staff on May 15, a mere 1 month and 3 weeks ago. You also got Admin only a week ago. I think you're a good person and staff member, but you need more time as staff and definitely as Admin before you can become a Senior Admin.

• Like 1

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

10 minutes ago, Loaff said:

You were trained for staff on May 15, a mere 1 month and 3 weeks ago. You also got Admin only a week ago. I think you're a good person and staff member, but you need more time as staff and definitely as Admin before you can become a Senior Admin.

• Like 1

CURRENT RANKS SCPRP: None
Retired E-11 COL and EX GENSEC MAJ

CHAD WITH GOLDENPAN612494147_jaydenaskingforHBOXD.png.8244c394c19aa3dc39251ae1e63c7ae2.png

21 hours ago, K I W I said:

May 1

ayyy that my birthday g 

+support

Current: Nu-7 2LT scotched ZETACI MSGT scotched

Former:   DT PFC CR7IC DMS SFC 1205 Corr, IQ/Purge MSG/Lord III LuciferMC SS PFC Freyja 1170ST/Shore ENG SCT SFC griff 1277, LCPL Mark 1B57, State Trooper PVT Mark, FBI SA David Martinez IF Squad Lead (CPT) Neeko IvySHG Senior Guard (1LT) LuciferBWA Owner Spiral, RIS Unit R scotched, Security MSGT WDXH IJG scotched CI R&D IIN(WO) scotched MTF D5 SRO DDIR SVFTO CPT scotched ZETA/G9 Murmillo Daimyo GM1

On 7/9/2022 at 5:07 PM, Loaff said:

• Like 1

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

i know u dont like me but i still think u deserve the rank because ur a good staff member.

+Support
- Has Very Much experience.
- Good answers for the Scenario questions.
- Well known among the staff and other players.
- Great App

hope u get the rank.

• Like 1

Current: |{Clan} U.I.U Junor Agent|Lead Researcher| 

Former/Retired: Research Assistant Manager-SCP-RP: Senior Moderator 

+Support

Despite him only being a recent admin Kiwi has been doing pretty exceptional work on the staff team, I see him really consistently on the server and taking sits. I wouldn't mind him moving up the ranks a little bit quicker (well, a lot quicker, in fairness) because of this.

Edited by Nydekore
  • Like 1

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

Please speak to me in Teamspeak ASAP.

• Sad 1
  • Skull 2

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

On 7/9/2022 at 5:07 PM, Loaff said:

RPName: Tank

Jobs:  Nu7 CPT/GOC CPL

Retired: Security 2LT,CI RnD CA, Sen Mod, Nu7 MAJ
Note: Tank - Sleep is for pussy

On 7/8/2022 at 9:59 PM, K I W I said:

Are you a staff member in another community?:
Yes

+support good man

Edited by Gʟᴏʙᴀʟ

Past: MTF E11 2LT Global | Deputy Head STF D4 Jupiter JP9

CI 2LT Global | CI SIN Global | CatGirl Agent | V2 Worldwide II S10 Universe X

• 2 weeks later...