th3 - staff report- Denied

ren1point0

Your In-game: Ren

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:192965920

The admin's name in-game: th3

The admin's steam name (If you know it): [GL] th3

What did the admin do: Excessively used admin weapons (SPAS12) in Dblock to actively interfere with the server (killing a lot of dclass)

Evidence of the abusive action(s) (REQUIRED): 

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/rdclSigHqaKJL/d1337NgPBJnX?invite=cr-MSx0QUksNjA4MjU5Njcs
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/rdb5gE_pk5ZwM/d1337aqj1o5D?invite=cr-MSxMR2YsNjA4MjU5Njcs

What do you believe should happen to the admin: He is retired and a fairly high rank so I dont know

Any extra information: He was also excessively using the SPAS12 before and after the clips

i'd like to hear th3's side of the story before commenting further, however leaning towards -support as i dont see how it affects rp that much, though i do understand that it would be extremely frustrating if you are trying to escape as d class

Edited by 1stSavagerY

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

+support

People want to escape as d-class to join CI and have the fun experience they want on the server, but if they physically can't because a admin is spawning in the most busted weapon in the game then there is a problem.

As far as the punishment idk wth could possibly happen considering he isn't staff, if I were to guess it would just be "don't admin abuse"

SCP-RP: CI 2LT | SEC 2LT | Lumberjack Union Chief Logging Operator, S4 Avium SL1 | Retired Research Supervisor | Retired CI 2LT, 1LT | 2x Former SEC 1LT, Retired CPT Former WC Nemesis | Former Nu7 HFTO MAJ/A3 Tesla | Retired Admin

CCs: MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero' | Vonzen Plushie | STARS | D-9177 'The Pill' | CI TF2 Heavy

Achievements: Staff Of The Month | 11x Staff Of The Week

5 minutes ago, 1stSavagerY said:

i'd like to hear th3's side of the story before commenting further, however leaning towards -support as i dont see how it affects rp that much, though i do understand that it would be extremely frustrating if you are trying to escape as d class

I was using the Spas but generally there was little to no rp happening at all (mostly combat) on the server in general, especially in D-Block. Outside of the total combat I was a part of or around D-Block it was very short as I mostly spent the time I was online in EZ and HCZ. What isn't featured in these clips is where I gave a number of D-Class weapons to help them in their Combat RP.

4 minutes ago, Cardigan Backyardigan said:

+support

People want to escape as d-class to join CI and have the fun experience they want on the server, but if they physically can't because a admin is spawning in the most busted weapon in the game then there is a problem.

As far as the punishment idk wth could possibly happen considering he isn't staff, if I were to guess it would just be "don't admin abuse"

Arguably majority of the players on D-Class are trolling or participating in the Combat RP as their fun experience. As mentioned above the total time I spent in proximity to D-Block actively engaged with players there is misrepresented by the clips given I was in EZ/HCZ for most of the time (Still with a Spas). Additionally, I did provide D-Class with weapons to offset any drawbacks they may have had with my presence.

Let alone the time at which this occurred there were a very minimal number of players expressing their intent to escape and join CI who were playing D-Class and not AFK.

• Like 4

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

12 minutes ago, th3 said:

I was using the Spas but generally there was little to no rp happening at all (mostly combat) on the server in general, especially in D-Block. Outside of the total combat I was a part of or around D-Block it was very short as I mostly spent the time I was online in EZ and HCZ. What isn't featured in these clips is where I gave a number of D-Class weapons to help them in their Combat RP.

Arguably majority of the players on D-Class are trolling or participating in the Combat RP as their fun experience. As mentioned above the total time I spent in proximity to D-Block actively engaged with players there is misrepresented by the clips given I was in EZ/HCZ for most of the time (Still with a Spas). Additionally, I did provide D-Class with weapons to offset any drawbacks they may have had with my presence.

Let alone the time at which this occurred there were a very minimal number of players expressing their intent to escape and join CI who were playing D-Class and not AFK.

-SUPPORT

yea we do a bit of trolling during off hours

• Angry 1

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

-support 

I was there during this (at my shop near bathrooms but close enough). He definitely wasn't hindering D-class' ability to escape, they were overrunning d block every 5 minutes or so. He also did indeed give d class weapons and fought security using the same OP weapons. He only did this for a little bit here and there, for the most part he was doing stuff somewhere else in the facility.

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

24 minutes ago, th3 said:

I feel these are somewhat fair points, but saying that mostly combat was occurring is not a fair reason to start running around with a 300 damage admin weapon one shotting dclass, no matter for what length of time or how much activity is in Dblock. I would also argue that saying most people thought it was OK would just be ignoring the people who actually wanted to escape and join CI, only to be met by an admin job puppy guarding Dblock door with an admin weapon, as not expressing your discontent does not mean it doesn't exist. I also think offsetting the balance by giving the Dclass weapons would be an acceptable excuse if you were not using one of the most powerful weapons on the server on one of the most powerful jobs on the server. Being low pop would be a better point if you were in a secluded area with other admins, dueling them with admin guns, not the most contended area on the server where there is always at least some level of activity, and where new players are likely to experience their first interaction with the server. Using a regular non admin weapon would have made this a more fair situation, as although you have a regular gun like other security, you still have a high health and armor admin job.

6 minutes ago, Loaff said:

-support 

I was there during this (at my shop near bathrooms but close enough). He definitely wasn't hindering D-class' ability to escape, they were overrunning d block every 5 minutes or so. He also did indeed give d class weapons and fought security using the same OP weapons. He only did this for a little bit here and there, for the most part he was doing stuff somewhere else in the facility.

^ if thats true then I would like to apologize, I didn't see him fighting security, only dclass, and did not know the weapons he gave out were equally as OP. I only saw him in Dblock, fighting poorly armed dclass, with an admin weapon. I still do stand by my argument that doing this for any amount of time would have been a better point if he were to do it in a more secluded area of the map. Sorry for the mixup th3.

• Like 1

+Support

If it was the first time, it can be understood, but it is the second time that it has been reported for the same thing.

• Dislike 1

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

9 hours ago, Loaff said:

-support 

changing my -/+ support to -support due to these reasons and what th3 has said above

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

11 hours ago, th3 said:

This i true i was on a sit and accidently open the tool gun logs and found him giving a lot of weapons for d class.
-support 
that was on trolling hours so NGL i dont see issue here and he is no longer staff and yeah. 

CURRENT RANKS SCPRP: None
Retired E-11 COL and EX GENSEC MAJ

CHAD WITH GOLDENPAN612494147_jaydenaskingforHBOXD.png.8244c394c19aa3dc39251ae1e63c7ae2.png

-Support
Actions really didnt affect the server functions as a whole. Just a little riot control to help ammend for the little gensec on. Gave D Class weapons too to help balance the situation.
If anything, its not much different (probably more fun for D Class too) than just mustard gassing the entirety of D Block (Which sucks).

-support, this looks pretty targeted ngl, he was having fun giving others weapons.

Ex FBI DCOS | Ex FTO Director | Ex HRT 1LT | Ex PPD Overseer | Forum Diplomat | PoliceRP Admin | Ex Event Team Co-Leader | SL Capo | Negev abuser

Former | State 1T | Lord III | PO2 | Imperial Senior Mod | GM3

Barret Deleter 28-7

-Support
I mean with all the people there giving their side it seems he really was trying to just jumpstart a bit of activity and give the server some fun time on lower pop hours, plus he's really never on and wasn't directly hindering anyone, it was mainly a lil event he did, no harm really done aside from 2 dead D-Class who had weapons out to begin with. Only thing I see wrong is that he's retired staff, ex SMT but I'm not 100% clear on the rules on being retired staff and using your powers so I wouldn't say he's really 'abusing'

Edited by K I W I
Rewording

| EX CI General | | Ex Lead Admin | 
| The best Fruit to exist |

Given that Th3 is a trusted retired member of SMT, I think it's safe to say that he would know if he crossed the line. Additionally, he literally armed D-class to keep it balanced. I would bet that for the most part, they enjoyed the change of pace. Also, as a retired SMT, he is still allowed to use admin weapons. It doesn't look like he interfered with any RP either.

Edited by Piller

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT