De-Militarize the server - Denied

1st GA Cletus Jackson

What you want to see? - a ratio 3 to 1 for police. For every 1 special forces police officer online you must have 3 regular PD Online. (The only time this is not valid is for extreme situations, Bank robbery, Hostage situation)

Why should we add it? - PoliceRP is far from what it orignally used to be. This gamemode is supposed to mimic real life somewhat. It is not realistic to have barely any police officers online and just tactical Unit's responding to everything. The server feels very militarized and it creates no RP. All the time I call the Police for a minor crime and heavily armed units in helmets show up. Also the /911 bug will be fixed because you need more than 5 regular PD online for it to work, if the player count falls below it returns the message "There is no police online!". 

What are the advantages of having this? - It creates more realistic RP. create's the presence of a UNITED police as you see the same uniforms and cars patrolling around versus 5 different factions. It forces balance on the server in terms of combat. So criminals or citizens are not swarmed by tactical Units 24/7. Fixes the /911 Bug

Who is it mainly for? - The entire server, brings it back to its core. 

Links to any content - none needed.

Edited by 1st GA Cletus Jackson
edit
  • Like 1

+ Support there is never any pd on its always tac or something else because there is really no point of playing pd right now they have less armor worse guns and other stuff etc.  right now most people only play pd until they reach sgt+ so they can join tac.

SYP  USMS SAC | BH Co-Lead | HRT OSC|  FBI SNR SA

-support

ummm no 💀

Ex FBI DCOS | Ex FTO Director | Ex HRT 1LT | Ex PPD Overseer | Forum Diplomat | PoliceRP Admin | Ex Event Team Co-Leader | SL Capo | Negev abuser

Former | State 1T | Lord III | PO2 | Imperial Senior Mod | GM3

Barret Deleter 28-7

37 minutes ago, stevee said:

+ Support there is never any pd on its always tac or something else because there is really no point of playing pd right now they have less armor worse guns and other stuff etc.  right now most people only play pd until they reach sgt+ so they can join tac.

37 minutes ago, stevee said:

PD MSGT, Ex D5 SFTO MSGT

Im back

-Support

Among the various isues, this would require almost a complete rehaul of the entire concept of departments, as people would effectively have to speedrun to get on their tac jobs as soon as enough PD were on in order to avoid being removed for inactivity.

Deputy Commissioner of Police

Former SCO19 Chief Constable | Reserve HRT Commander | Reserve FBI Assistant Director

21 minutes ago, BruceyBoyo said:

-Support

Among the various isues, this would require almost a complete rehaul of the entire concept of departments, as people would effectively have to speedrun to get on their tac jobs as soon as enough PD were on in order to avoid being removed for inactivity.

This would require zero Rehaul nor speedrunning. When the situation arises, then players may move to the roles that are needed. If you have time requirements within your department then that's a seperate issue. I think many players are tired of no RP on a RP server and the special forces patrolling the streets. 

30 minutes ago, BruceyBoyo said:

-Support

i get what you are saying but i mean one way to fix it would be make it so tac could only respond to raids and gen stores etc. and not be able to just patrol and pull people over and respond to any call. For example when SCU was a thing in the SOP it said you couldn't join a chase until it was code amber or red. i feel like something like that could fix the issue 

• Like 1

SYP  USMS SAC | BH Co-Lead | HRT OSC|  FBI SNR SA

1 hour ago, 1st GA Cletus Jackson said:

What you want to see? - a ratio 3 to 1 for police. For every 1 special forces police officer online you must have 3 regular PD Online. (The only time this is not valid is for extreme situations, Bank robbery, Hostage situation)

Why should we add it? - PoliceRP is far from what it orignally used to be. This gamemode is supposed to mimic real life somewhat. It is not realistic to have barely any police officers online and just tactical Unit's responding to everything. The server feels very militarized and it creates no RP. All the time I call the Police for a minor crime and heavily armed units in helmets show up. Also the /911 bug will be fixed because you need more than 5 regular PD online for it to work, if the player count falls below it returns the message "There is no police online!". 

What are the advantages of having this? - It creates more realistic RP. create's the presence of a UNITED police as you see the same uniforms and cars patrolling around versus 5 different factions. It forces balance on the server in terms of combat. So criminals or citizens are not swarmed by tactical Units 24/7.

Who is it mainly for? - The entire server, brings it back to its core. 

Links to any content - none needed.

agreed the police are shit at rp and just shoot people 

-support only way I'll plus support this is If we remove lmgs and other weapons that crim shouldn't have then. This would also cause problems for department activity requirements.

Previous Positions: Ex-Death Trooper | Ex- Inferno Squad Leader | Retired HRT LT | Retired FBI DCOS | Retired FBI FTO DD | Retired PD Major 

Current Positions: SRT Member spacer.png

2 hours ago, BruceyBoyo said:

-Support

Completely agree with Brucey, its Semi-Serious and there are already things in place for RP to happen. all departments have activity requirements. the system of the server currently would not fit this at all. the only thing I see if this is such a big issue would be to bring back when some TAC Depts had in there SOP they could not preform 10-38s and get involved with Pursuits till code amber/red.  

Cammy_Signature_1.png

-Support

I understand your point and I do agree with you that tactical units shouldn't respond to average calls but as mentioned above by other members, I can see the government ratio hurting departments. 

rsz_1rsz_1oversized_signature.png

-Support

-Its semi serious lmfao
-All tac units and assistant tac have it in their SOP to not pull over anyone for traffic violations unless they are rammed into. (As far as FBI, HRT, USMS and PPD go anyways) 
-Its not hard to beat gov but you cant expect for 2-3 people with no cc's or any good guns from a dealer to win against any tac unit. Join a family and commit crime with 10+ people

Retired FBI Director|$2,000Donator gang|UMC LVL 4

1 hour ago, Lime King said:

-Support

-Its semi serious lmfao
-All tac units and assistant tac have it in their SOP to not pull over anyone for traffic violations unless they are rammed into. (As far as FBI, HRT, USMS and PPD go anyways) 
-Its not hard to beat gov but you cant expect for 2-3 people with no cc's or any good guns from a dealer to win against any tac unit. Join a family and commit crime with 10+ people

Big floppa energy right here

• Gaminglight Love 1

1 hour ago, Cammy said:

Completely agree with Brucey, its Semi-Serious and there are already things in place for RP to happen. all departments have activity requirements. the system of the server currently would not fit this at all. the only thing I see if this is such a big issue would be to bring back when some TAC Depts had in there SOP they could not preform 10-38s and get involved with Pursuits till code amber/red.  

3 hours ago, BruceyBoyo said:

-Support

rsz_1rsz_1oversize_signature.png