High General Sainty

Steam Name:
[GL] Sainty.

Steam ID: 
STEAM_0:0:417674367

-=Section 2=-

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

What is the role of Darth Vader?

Darth Vader has many roles. To Summarise them, it would be to oversee all aspects of RP. This will be done by overseeing all HCOM (besides palpy) and have a final say on decisions regarding those in HCOM. The main roles are outlined here:

Overseeing all RP scenarios: I would be assisting Palpy in decisions which other members of High Command do not have permission to do (e.g. reinstating people, some promotions, behavioural issues withing HC and lots more.)

Work closer with SMT / Management: Vader is also one of the main members who will be working closely with SMT to ensure the server has been running smoothly on the roleplay sides of things.

Essentially be the face of High Command, and role model for the server: One of the other roles as Vader is to ensure that after all other issues have been dealt with, the server is continuously growing and making sure the High Command members are doing this by pushing out updates. Also ensuring there are no signs of High Command corruption. 

Why do you want to become the role of Darth Vader?

I would love to achieve this rank for many reasons. This has been one of my goals ever since I initially joined High Command almost 4 months ago. I enjoy progressing through the ranks and becoming Darth Vader would not only be an achievement for myself on the server, I would also be able to use this as a way to ensure players after me are enjoying the ranking up system and the server as a whole by making sure High Command, as a team, continues to make meaningful changes that allows players to enjoy themselves further in the future. I would also like this position, as it would allow me to interact with more branches than I currently do right now, obviously focusing more on Army rather than IQ and Naval. But, if I do achieve this rank, I will delegate my time equally amongst the three, obviously changing this when one branch needs more help than another. Another reason I would love to become Vader would be to work really closely with 501st. Obviously, with 501st being Vader's battalion, I would love the opportunities that would come up with them and having fun with that. One thing I have not seen many Vader's do in the past is use special force battalion's protocols. I feel like these protocols, if used right would be a fantastic source of RP as well as a great way to advertise each battalion to newer players on the server.

What experience do you have that would be relevant to the role of Darth Vader?

I have a wide variety of experience on the server. As listed. Throughout my time on the server, I have witnessed people in higher ranks do plenty of things. Some things I have picked up on and brought on board to help be a better command member, and some things which I have seen and taken that on board to NEVER do. All of these things, with the experience listed below will assist me on being a great next Vader.

Havoc Command: During my time as a Havoc command member, the battalion had been in a very poor state for a very long time. The first time I was a VCMDR, I had to try to dig the battalion out of the grave. Wheat had experienced a multitude of Vice Commanders who got the role, messed about for a couple of weeks, gave the battalion a bad name and then either got removed or left. When I achieved this rank, we got the battalion back up with some stable activity for the most part with people liking the battalion and remaining in the battalion. We reworked assault team functions on ship to setup defences which made that sub division do good for a while. However, I then resigned for a month or 2 to focus on university, which at the time was taking up a lot of my time. Dealing with a battalion in such a bad state gave me some valuable experience on how to react and improve a battalion like that which is in such bad shape.

Stormtrooper Command: During my time in ST, I transferred in as a VCMDR due to havoc being removed. I did not know anyone in the battalion really, apart from the other Havoc troopers who transferred with me. However, I had to get to know a bunch of new players who I had little to no interaction with previously. This was a test to my character on the server and adaptability to a new role, which we got ST into a respected, very active battalion. With help from Moby, Lydus and Bear, we managed to not only rework Scout Troopers who had a very poor model, kit and reputation on the server into a well respected sub division of ST which is definitely more popular than shore now. We also created Storm Commandos. Storm Commandos had been planned for a while with older ST command and Bear, however, I did help with speeding up the process and creating all the docs for them (SOP, tryout guide), as well as helping bear with kit choices.

High Command: Since I have been AHC, I have done lots of things, some of which have had higher direct impact on the server than other things, such as doc reworks and other things document related. Some of the higher impact loggings consist of:

Bi-Monthly Combat tournament: I hosted and made all documents etc regarding both the first and second ever Battalion-wide tournament. This was created to allow battalions to prove and showcase their most skilled troopers in a tournament for a variety of prizes. We did this to create a sense of unity server wide by everyone communicating with each other, being friendly towards each other after games, and maybe even getting to know other people on the server who they did not know prior. This was done whilst creating a friendly competitive atmosphere which really rejuvenated the server and gave battalions a reason to maintain good PVP skills. This tournament has been VERY successful the two times it has been done, each time allowing for feedback and improving each time like we should as HC members. As our main priority is to improve the server as a whole.

Imperial Commandos new lore squad: This new squad was made for IC a while ago when they were consistently having 10-15 players daily. This squad was made for players who could not get into Omega squad due to it always being full. At the time, it also brought a refreshing group to IC which has been popular ever since. Obviously with IC's activity dropping off a little after they were stuck with 1 command member for a while, it has dropped off a little, but with time, that will once again go back up.

Regimental Engineer vehicles: Regimental Engineers were lacking for a while, having no cooler additions that Havoc had. One of the main reasons havoc failed, in my opinion, was that they did not have any vehicles they could use over 40 players. However, we managed to find a AT-ST which caused almost NO lag to the server, even at 90+ players. This was an ideal opportunity to keep RE going as cool vehicles they actually can use is popular amongst the engineers that are on the job daily.

New large-scale ST sub branch update: I can not go too much into detail about this change, as it is not fully done yet as we are waiting for the new map to drop to release it, however, this job is VERY cool and had a large purpose on the new map, which I feel will bring a lot of people over to ST. Further creating a better image of Stormtroopers throughout the server, which I really want to see.

Why do you think I should pick you over other applicants?

I personally feel I should be selected as the new Vader, due to my

- My great communication skills.
- My ability to learn from mistakes as proven in other parts of this application.
- My willingness to give advice to people who need it rather than jumping the gun.
- My reliability - I feel that I am one of, if not the most reliable members of HC to get things done quickly, and to a high standard.

- My no-nonsense attitude. - I feel I can easily detect if something is going to be worth spending the time on.

Please outline some ideas that you could bring to improve the server as Darth Vader:

I have had a few ideas so far that I would like to bring to the server to improve it. One of the main ones which I am currently working on is changing how SNR CMDRS work and the roles / job surrounding them. With the change, I feel it could be very beneficial to the server as a whole, as battalions who are struggling, will have more help from SNR commanders with the change. Another one would be to incorporate a new job / group consisting of one member from each battalion as a sort of squad to enhance cross-battalion relations. This has not much thought into it as of now, however with the right approach, this could be a super cool addition as a sort of reward for those in each battalion doing great. This would come with a new model / job too.  

-=Section 3=-

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

In your personal experience with being a player, what issues have you come across?

During my time as a player, one of the main issues I have come across is disrespect between battalions and players. This has been most present in how some people treat ST's and new players. Both the Stormtrooper battalion used to face an increased amount of hate for no real reason. Likewise with new players. People always assume the worse of the two and it does make people leave the server and go to a different one.

In response to the question above, how would you handle and fix these issues?

One of the main fixes for the ST side has already been done, with the addition of the Combat tournament, ST have gained many peoples respect as they now have a Special Forces sub branch too. However, the new player issue is still there. One main way to address this, in my opinion, is to get command teams to crank down on their troops. The discrimination on the new players arises in TeamSpeak when someone gets annoyed at a newer player who joins to mess about, then makes a comment on how "newer players are so annoying" this then spreads as people communicate to others. However this should not be the case. The newer players are what makes the server, as myself and everyone who is reading this was once a newer player, all it takes is one nice person to interact with a newer player and they can be a valued member of the community. This, however, begins with command teams setting the right example and hammering down on their troops if they do have a poor mentality.

Anything else you would like to add?
I would to say thanks to everyone who has read the full application. I would honestly love to get this rank, and do the best I can to ensure the community grows and enjoys themselves. I commit to being a fun Vader, who is active and only benefits the server long term, as I have no plans on leaving the server either way.

Hope you all have a fantastic day / night. - Sainty.

Edited by SAINTY.

Former: Grand General / Havoc Commander / ST Vice Commander

EX Imperial Army Branch Representative.

+ Support

Since I have met Sainty, he has been nothing but kind to me and others, and he has given everybody a fair chance within this server I believe. Sainty knows when he has to be serious, but he can also be very fun at the same time. I personally do not speak to Sainty much (Either a skill issue on my end or I'm just not cool enough) but every time I have spoken to him, it was a positive experience. He seems to want this rank not just to better a certain aspect of the server, but rather the server as a whole. I believe he will do great things as Darth Sainty!

• Heart-Eyes 1

Last Real Starfighter Marshall Brand

------------------------------------------------------------------------

High Five Tom Cruise GIF by Hollywood Suite

29 minutes ago, Brand said:

+ Support

Since I have met Sainty, he has been nothing but kind to me and others, and he has given everybody a fair chance within this server I believe. Sainty knows when he has to be serious, but he can also be very fun at the same time. I personally do not speak to Sainty much (Either a skill issue on my end or I'm just not cool enough) but every time I have spoken to him, it was a positive experience. He seems to want this rank not just to better a certain aspect of the server, but rather the server as a whole. I believe he will do great things as Darth Sainty!

Sainty is an excellent member of this community and an even better HCOM member. Sainty has the competency to excel in this new position if given the opportunity. Sainty takes the time out of his day to talk to those around him and make their day better. Best of luck Sainty!

Current: Shock LTCOL
Former: Grand Inquisitor | Shadow Guard Lead | Sovereign Protector

2 hours ago, Brand said:

+ Support

• Heart-Eyes 1

RETIRED

30 Second Darth Vader Kio

Stepped down General Kio |  Retired Dupe Builder for Army/Navy High Command | Last Ever Nova Senior Commander | Retired Assistant Head GameMaster | Admin | ST Vice Commander Revenant

Bleach Bankai GIF

+ Mega Support

I have had the privilege of working with Sainty a lot, dating back to the beginning of my time in the server when I was a GO during his time as Havoc Command. He is respectful, responsible, innovative, creative, and much more. There are many people I can say have made my time on the server as fun as it has been. but I can confidently say that Sainty is one of the greatest. He has a great charm and attitude within the community and has been doing incredible work in his current position. He deserves a chance at this position, and I'd love to see him as the next Vader.

#DarthSainty

• Heart-Eyes 1

4 hours ago, Brand said:

+ Support

4 hours ago, Brand said:

+ Support

+HUUUUUGE Support for you Sainty, you really deserve it!!

Rear Admiral Sam

5 hours ago, Brand said:

+ Support

+Massive support 

501st ARCL COL Maze

5 hours ago, Brand said:

+ Support

+Support
+I haven't interacted or spoken with you much but from those limited "encounters" you have been nothing but respectful and kind.
+You are also one of the most active members of HC I have seen. 
+Knows when to get serious and when to fuck around and have fun. 
+I think you have done nothing but bring good experiences and good times to this server.
+One of, if not the most well suited and best candidates for Darth Vader. 
Think you are ready for this position and I think you will be an excellent SHC. 
Good luck Sainty! 

Loves Corners, Corner. Corner. 

Former Imperial Commandos VCMDR Fixer 

1 hour ago, 99 dead raccoons said:

+ Mega Support

I have had the privilege of working with Sainty a lot, dating back to the beginning of my time in the server when I was a GO during his time as Havoc Command. He is respectful, responsible, innovative, creative, and much more. There are many people I can say have made my time on the server as fun as it has been. but I can confidently say that Sainty is one of the greatest. He has a great charm and attitude within the community and has been doing incredible work in his current position. He deserves a chance at this position, and I'd love to see him as the next Vader.

#DarthSainty

BIG FAT MEGA SUPPORT!! 

I'm happy to say all my interactions with Sainty have been nothing but amazing. He is a great guy and an excellent HCOM member. Very nice guy.

Former: DT Commander EX1 IF21 | ImperialRP AHGM | ImperialRP Senior Admin

5 hours ago, Corners said:

+Support
+Knows when to get serious and when to fuck around and have fun. 
+I think you have done nothing but bring good experiences and good times to this server.
+One of, if not the most well suited and best candidates for Darth Vader. 
Think you are ready for this position and I think you will be an excellent SHC. 
Good luck Sainty! 

Current: General Harry, MC R COL Harry, R Pyke Enforcer

Former: Shock CQCS CPT James, naval lieutenant Harry, IC CSE DMS (former DMVL) SSE 1SGT Maroon/Harry, IF Agent Shoto stark, 501st SSGT LENG, DT LCPL AJ8, Nova SGT Conqueror, ST CPL ENG SCT Shore HVY Harry, Deputy Director of Research, MC COmmander Harry 8900, Pyke Sentinel HoR Harry

11 hours ago, Brand said:

+ Support

Current

R DT COL PR0 | R Captain Proteus

Former

Grand Moff Tarkin | [1st Gen] Imperial Senior Commander 2x ISB 021 Agent Kallus | Last Admiral Kallus, Shortest term as Admiral Kallus (4 hours)

+support 

Whilst I have only been a member of the server for a few months, I believe that Sainty  deserves the role of Darth Vader. I did not have the pleasure of serving in Havoc, but the stories I've heard and even the legacy it holds today lead me to believe that Sainty is a brilliant battalion/sub-battalion leader, and his time as HC and JMT have further convinced me of this. 

I've had the pleasure of participating and helping with many JMT events and everytime they're phenomenal events. His willingness to go the extra mile, especially as a wacky event character shows not only his enthusiasm for the server, but also his dedication and drive, all qualities that a good Vader should have. 

As a member of the 501st, I would have to say the most important aspect of our battalion is the vibe check, and as our Lore Character, I believe the same should apply. When I first joined, I didn't even know how gmod worked, but I'd to say that GL 501st is like a second family to me, and I would be honoured if Sainty was our Vader. He has a health balance of work and play, with an extra emphasis on both, serious when the need arises, but chilled out enough to not be put off by the less serious aspects that accompany 501st RP 

12 hours ago, WanHeda said:

+Support

-Active

-Respectful

-Serious when needed to be

-Seniority

-Is a little man

5M: EMS Captain, Sentinel
EX: Rescue Squadron Vice Marshal, Deputy Director, Director of research, medical COL, Shock, ST, Inferno. Starfighters, Naval, LOST MC X2, Mafia, Triad

“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
                                                                                                                   —Confucius

On 7/3/2022 at 7:38 AM, Brand said:

+ Support

Great guy, super active. Its always a blast when guarding him on RG!
+ Support

Edited by twinkles

Summer 2022 ❤️
FMR. 501st VCMDR - ARCAL Former Royal Guard VII Best Duelist
Ex: Moderator|| Ex. Gamemaster VI
season 4 episode 10 GIF by Star Wars

+Support 

On 7/3/2022 at 4:35 PM, Corners said:

On 7/3/2022 at 10:38 AM, Brand said:

I personally do not speak to Sainty much (Either a skill issue on my end or I'm just not cool enough) but every time I have spoken to him, it was a positive experience.

Out of all of HCOM you are probably the one I've interacted with he most. That's still not very much but compared to the rest of HCOM it's a lot more. I hope that if you become Vader that you continue to interact with lower ranks. It makes us feel special!

On 7/3/2022 at 9:23 PM, WanHeda said:

-Is a little man

DT UN0 Imperial Commando Enforcer Diabeto | DT LEAN UN0

200.gif?cid=790b7611cdad345942cde75f0b1d 

Ex: [The First] IC 1156 Maroon | IC 3222 Atin | Purge BJL 1LT Diabeto PB39 IC DMOV VCMDR 1262 Scorch | DT F16

Talren's First and Only Personal Lean Trooper

On 7/3/2022 at 9:38 AM, Brand said:

+ Support

Former: | Security Director | | ONE AND ONLY Admiral Antonio Motti | 

On 7/3/2022 at 10:38 AM, Brand said:

+ Support

Pretty much sums up what I was going to say about Sainty, and unlike some other High Command he is actually active so +support.

Ex Havoc ATL CPT | Ex Lord X / Purge LTCOL | Ex Tenn Graneet | Fortnite Professional and Current Darth Doodoofart (Yes he is a lore character)

Peanut Butter Dancing GIF by Super Simple

On 7/3/2022 at 4:38 PM, Brand said:

+ Support

| former Shock 1LT, Shock SGT | | Former IQ CPL | | x3 Former IF Agent| 

ACCEPTED TO GRAND GENERAL
Congratulations on reaching this position and good luck moving forward, please speak to me for training and a whitelist.

Edited by Bon

Emperor Palpatine

| Ex. Shock Commander | Ex. Storm Trooper Captain | Ex. Nova Lieutenant-Colonel

• Bon locked this topic