━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

-=Section 1=-

In-game Name: Starch

Steam Name: [GL] Crayon Eater

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:68437171

-=Section 2=-

What is the role of Darth Vader? 

The role of Darth Vader is something that hasn't exactly been known to the community yet with the rank being held for only weeks at a time. With that being said I believe Darth Vader's role is to oversee all RP matters along with the Senior High Command team, and to help ensure the community as a whole is a welcoming / enjoyable place for everyone while remaining unbiased. Darth Vader is the link between Grand Admiral Thrawn, and Emperor Palpatine and as such is trusted with being able to handle any issues from any branch with the assistance of the rest of the Senior High Command team.

Why do you want to become the role of Darth Vader?

I want to become the next Darth Vader because in my 1 year and 5 months of playing on the server I have gained all the knowledge and experience that the next Darth Vader needs. I want the next Vader to be someone who is able to remain unbiased, who understands each battalion, who understands what is needed to ensure RP is fun for everyone no matter the battalion, who has seen what effect toxic or biased members of the server can have, who has had experience in not only being a Command member as well as High Command for an extended amount of time, but also understands what the majority people need and want who are not Command members. I believe that I fit all of those qualities and for that reason I believe that I would be the best choice for the next Vader and am the right choice for the person who will set the standard for what a Darth Vader should do and be.

What experience do you have that would be relevant to the role of Darth Vader?

- Received Inferno Squad Senior Squad Lead (MAJ) on 5/1/21 -

While in Inferno Squad I, learned how important it is for command members to be present among non command members, and set the example of what everyone should strive to be and achieve as well as how important it is to have a specific job to do.

- Received Nova Commander on 6/30/21 -

While I do understand that I did not gain this rank the usual way I believe that it has given me a unique experience in the server that no one else has been able to receive. Along with the rank of Nova Commander I had to create all of the documents, ideas for Nova and what it is / does, create rosters, fill each rank from 0 members, pick my command team while being a Commander, along with everything a battalion needs all from scratch with assistance from the first Command team.

This experience was unique because it was the first custom Battalion within the server, and there was no guidelines for me to follow as it did not function as any other Battalion. At first we were allowed to almost act as our own High Command as we did not have any HCOM Overseers at the start. Over time I began see the effects that not working with High Command can have, what command members abusing their privileges with no one to keep them in check does, what having a lack of communication within any rank does, and just how important it is to communicate and work with others is. At first we wrongly chose to have no High Command overseer, and took up most of the responsibility within the command team ourselves, I learned pretty quick that we needed the proper guidance from experienced members of the community, and to give Officers more responsibility and privileges to teach better prepare them for Command positions. I slowly took away some of the extra privilege Nova had in the interest of fairness, and to have the Battalion run more efficient even though it did restrict what I could do.

- Received Nova Senior Commander 11/06/21 -

My time as a Senior Commander I learned how important it is to delegate tasks to those willing to help, and not try to take on everything yourself.

- Received Marshal Commander 2/5/22 -

- Received General ~3/8/22 -

In my time as High Command I have learned what makes a good High Command member, and an outstanding High Command member. I've learned when to be lenient towards others, and when not to. I believe that every situation is slightly different and should be treated as such which becomes an extremely important lesson to learn when given the responsibilities that Darth Vader has.

Why do you think I should pick you over other applicants?

I believe I should be picked over other applicants due to the following:

Trusted member of the community - I have been an Admin within the community as well as High Command for many months now and have been trusted by SMT and SHC with these roles.
Experience - As stated in a different question I have unique experiences that no one else currently has and has helped me gain an understanding and appreciation for being a Command member at any level.

Open minded - I have always been open to any changes, even with some I don't quite agree with any always try to see both sides of any situation or idea before coming to a decision.

Unbiased - In my time in the server I have had to strike or remove several people that I have been friends with, as well as take the time to look into any situation as much as possible before jumping to any conclusions.

Please outline some ideas that you could bring to improve the server as Darth Vader:

I believe that the recent High Command have been doing an amazing job on improving the server, and as such there isn't all that much improvement that could be done aside from adding some fresh ideas into the server though there is always room for improvement. Here are a few areas I would focus in:

- Communication -

I believe that communication throughout the server could be improved on, many people tend to act on their own without input from others rather than discuss with others and expand upon any ideas or decisions that they have. 

- Responsibility -

Responsibility is another area that I believe could be improved on. I believe that Officers and Command teams both should gain more responsibility as to gain more experience for their next rank rather than just having the rank above them handle it without knowing why any decision was made, or being able to attempt to solve any issues themselves first. I also believe that members of the community should be held accountable to their responsibilities more.

- Priority Rotation -

One big change I would make is to test out rotating which battalions gets priority with different tasks such as interrogation, hacking, ect to give other battalions a chance to experience what doing each task is like rather than leaving some Battalions out who never get to do certain things.

-=Section 3=-

In your personal experience with being a player, what issues have you come across?

Some issues I have come across is a lack of communication within some battalions, people not remaining calm and in general being rude towards others (though has has improved greatly recently!), people being biased against Stormtroopers and in turn turning people away from that Battalion, and the amount of new ideas slowing down.

In response to the question above, how would you handle and fix these issues?

I would put more of a focus on those points and encourage High Command, as well as Command teams as a whole to not treat Stormtroopers different from other Battalions, to communicate more with their own regiments as well as other Battalions and branches, and make sure that all new ideas are given attention and not just immediately shot down which makes people less eager to talk about new ideas in the future.

Anything else you would like to add?

Thank you for reading my application 🙂, I know it (might) be shorter than other applications for this rank but I believe that is all that needs to be said for why I should be picked.

Ex Grand General!

Ex Nova Senior Commander

+Support

-Good guy

-knows what he's doing

-Literally helps everyone with everything

-has been here for awhile

-Gives Honest Feedback

-Gets his work done

-Does everything in his Power to give the community something to do.
-Knows what he's doing

-Understands what must be done for this rank 

Notes
Starch has been apart of the Community for a couple of years now and to say he's a really great AHC member in which he's helped many people out without any type of trouble. I believe starch would be a great SHC member within the Community as he's always giving Honest Feedback to help people grow within GL and not even just GL but also IRL. Much love Mr General Starch, and Good Luck.

Edited by Kio
  • Dislike 1

RETIRED

30 Second Darth Vader Kio

Stepped down General Kio |  Retired Dupe Builder for Army/Navy High Command | Last Ever Nova Senior Commander | Retired Assistant Head GameMaster | Admin | ST Vice Commander Revenant

Bleach Bankai GIF

2 hours ago, Starch said:

- Received Nova Commander on 6/30/21 -

*Payed for Nova Commander (No disrespect but it's very disingenuous to say you received the rank when it's a battalion you payed to be added)

14 minutes ago, Kio said:

Starch has been apart of the Community for a couple of years now and to say he's a really great AHC member in which he's helped many people out without any type of trouble.

95aa5dfa5b43c7a75c25477be0fa38c3.thumb.png.6182f737c9257c85ea06c2e5d3080bef.png

Has hardly been a year since joining the forums.

4621c12012179aad3002b4d270577236.thumb.png.865ff55093f4ecedf3dd1e747e5a00e2.png

Convenient that the first person who plus supports you is sitting in a TS channel with you and obviously talking to you about you application. Pretty blatant advertising.

63c62db9913595c94e26cb06dbdc7605.png.0670026e36ecce2fca5afa356c311947.png

Here you are saying you want to activate your Nova reserves (joke or not) shows you don't care for being High Command so why would you be better in SHC?

624afb686b5726817065f11baae7dfd8.thumb.png.e1dbba419e8ee195339bb571267477ab.png

Here you are just having no Idea what is even happening in you own High Command team so do you like not read messages or something or are you just playing dumb? Both make you look bad.

Overall (again no disrespect) I think you are in no way cut out be Darth vader and I can name about 20 other people who are (some not even Command members yet let alone High Command.)

Huge -Support!    

brb gonna AFK on the server so I'm "Active enough"

Last-Senior Commander Iden Versio (First IF SharpShooter Overseer, Last Commander ID10,Team Chestbox Gang)

Founder of the Gaminglight Christian Alliance Ex-Super Admin SawickM/Forum Diplomat/Supportspacer.png

14 hours ago, Kio said:

+Support

-Good guy

-knows what he's doing

-Gives Honest Feedback

-Gets his work done

-Knows what he's doing

Notes
Starch has been apart of the Community for a couple of years now and to say he's a really great AHC member in which he's helped many people out without any type of trouble. I believe starch would be a great SHC member within the Community as he's always giving Honest Feedback to help people grow within GL and not even just GL but also IRL. Much love Mr General Starch, and Good Luck.

Last Real Starfighter Marshall Brand

------------------------------------------------------------------------

High Five Tom Cruise GIF by Hollywood Suite

14 hours ago, SawickM said:

*Payed for Nova Commander (No disrespect but it's very disingenuous to say you received the rank when it's a battalion you payed to be added)

Convenient that the first person who plus supports you is sitting in a TS channel with you and obviously talking to you about you application. Pretty blatant advertising.

Here you are saying you want to activate your Nova reserves (joke or not) shows you don't care for being High Command so why would you be better in SHC?

Here you are just having no Idea what is even happening in you own High Command team so do you like not read messages or something or are you just playing dumb? Both make you look bad.

Overall (again no disrespect) I think you are in no way cut out be Darth vader and I can name about 20 other people who are (some not even Command members yet let alone High Command.)

Huge -Support!    

I agree with most of what is said in this
-Has only been in the community for a little over a year. (If the forums join date is indeed when you joined)
-I have hardly seen you on
-Doesn't seem too engaged in the server or community as a whole.
-Simply better candidates.

-Support 

Loves Corners, Corner. Corner. 

Former Imperial Commandos VCMDR Fixer 

16 hours ago, Kio said:

+Support

-Good guy

-knows what he's doing

-Gives Honest Feedback

-Gets his work done

-Knows what he's doing

Notes

Current

R DT COL PR0 | R Captain Proteus

Former

Grand Moff Tarkin | [1st Gen] Imperial Senior Commander 2x ISB 021 Agent Kallus | Last Admiral Kallus, Shortest term as Admiral Kallus (4 hours)

5 hours ago, Corners said:

-Has only been in the community for a little over a year. (If the forums join date is indeed when you joined)

-Support 

Former

Royal Guard Sovereign Protector Kir Kanos

randy-forsyth-empguard.png

On 7/3/2022 at 12:41 AM, SawickM said:

Huge -Support!    

The Teamspeak thing is rather alarming to me. 

21 hours ago, Corners said:

-Support 

I think you eventually could hold this position but for now I think there are better candidates. 

-Support

Removed General Keegan

Former Medical Senior Commander Keegan 4571

Former ImperialRP Senior Admin

Former ImperialRP Senior Gamemaster

On 7/2/2022 at 11:41 PM, SawickM said:

Huge -Support!    

| Super Admin | Senior Forums Diplomat Support Advisor |
| Chaos Insurgency Staff Sergeant | Epsilon-11 Warrant Officer | 
CC Owned: | 47th Clan | Talon | Darth Jar Jar | Banshee Squadron | Door Technicians | CI Banshee Unit

On 7/3/2022 at 3:16 PM, Kio said:

+Support

-Good guy

-knows what he's doing

-Gives Honest Feedback

-Gets his work done

-Knows what he's doing

Notes

On 7/2/2022 at 10:16 PM, Kio said:

+Support

-Good guy

-knows what he's doing

-Gives Honest Feedback

-Gets his work done

-Knows what he's doing

Notes

Summer 2022 ❤️
FMR. 501st VCMDR - ARCAL Former Royal Guard VII Best Duelist
Ex: Moderator|| Ex. Gamemaster VI
season 4 episode 10 GIF by Star Wars

On 7/3/2022 at 1:41 AM, SawickM said:

Huge -Support!    

dam

Imperial RP 

Staff: EX. Senior Admin, Forums Diplomat, September 2021 Staff of the Month

RP: First Commander Second Sister, Ex Ninth Sister, Eighth Brother, and SF SL 

On 7/3/2022 at 7:16 AM, Kio said:

+Support

-Good guy

-knows what he's doing

-Gives Honest Feedback

-Gets his work done

-Knows what he's doing

Notes

| former Shock 1LT, Shock SGT | | Former IQ CPL | | x3 Former IF Agent| 

• Bon locked and unlocked this topic

Denied 

Thank you for your interest in joining the Senior High Command Team.
You may reapply when apps open back up.

Emperor Palpatine

| Ex. Shock Commander | Ex. Storm Trooper Captain | Ex. Nova Lieutenant-Colonel

• Bon locked this topic