Ban Appeal

mobs2r

Steam Name: mobs2r

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:540623756

In-game Name: Whacko Mastermind / mobs2r

Ban Length: 3 Weeks

Admin That Banned you: @Diz

Reason for Ban: Encouraging Suicide

Dispute: I was being harassed & spectated by @Diz because apparently I got out of Security bunks as a Trainee which is not allowed. When I made the catwalk jump solo as a D Class he told me that I was exploiting. If anything, what I was doing could potentially be considered FailRP, but it is certainly not exploiting, far from it.

While I was being brought to an experiment with a Scientist I was asking @Diz how what I did is any different than say blocking the D-Block Tower door, which people do all the time, including VIP & Staff. The Scientist asked me why I keep typing in chat & I said into my mic: "I am arguing with a fat, ugly Admin who should kill himself." I was promptly brought to a sit & banned for "Encouraging Suicide" when I didn't even say it to him, I said it in-game to another player in my mic, I couldn't even tell he was present. Hardly encouraging anything, just insinuating really. I did it specifically to see if he had such a hard on for me to continue spectating even when I was being experimented on by a Scientist & he was, big surprise.

@Diz was the only person who cared about the catwalk jump, everyone else (including Staff) were applauding me for thinking outside the box & using my map knowledge. @Diz was just power tripping because he has nothing better to do in life than punish players for bad map design & blame it on the Managers.

I also read the Staff Handbook & this doesn't seem like a proper punishment for what I was banned for either: [I also wasn't discriminating a minority group so I don't understand how it could possibly be 3 Weeks if doing that is a 1 Week. It actually doesn't list 3 Weeks in the Staff Handbook at all.]

Disrespect (Towards Both Staff & Player)

1x Disrespect - Warning (Verbal or Formal)

2x or More - Warning + Jail (600 Seconds) [I was never even jailed at all.]

Racism, Homophobia, Transphobia, etc.

1x Above Conduct - Warning + 1 Week Ban

2x OR Mass Above Conduct - Warning + Permanent Ban

Edited by mobs2r
I had the wrong in-game name, fixed to: Whacko Mastermind

D-Class Bunnyhopper

You knew I was spectating you and could hear you, besides, encouraging suicide is normally a perma ban, and since I'm an Admin, I can only ban up to 3 weeks.

You have a lot of past warns for toxicity (https://tools.gaminglight.com/profile/76561199041513241) so I'm not sure if your ban/warn should be revoked at all. However, looking at the situation, it could perhaps be shortened to 3-4 days or less.

• Thanks 1

Retired SCP-RP Admin/ETM

c7.jpg.e0bbf2b7aed5a169d941bb4a43d4bf5c.jpg

9 minutes ago, Diz said:

You knew I was spectating you and could hear you, besides, encouraging suicide is normally a perma ban, and since I'm an Admin, I can only ban up to 3 weeks.

You have a lot of past warns for toxicity (https://tools.gaminglight.com/profile/76561199041513241) so I'm not sure if your ban/warn should be revoked at all. However, looking at the situation, it could perhaps be shortened to 3-4 days or less.

I thought you would have stopped spectating me after I stopped doing what you asked me to stop doing. Peoples' interpretation of toxicity is pretty ridiculous. You were telling me that I was disrespecting you when I called you a hypocrite. That doesn't really make much sense. The Admin that gave me a warning for Staff Disrespect had a lisp so bad I couldn't understand a word he was saying to me, so I simply told him he should attend speech therapy. The warn I got yesterday was just ridiculous because some kid RDM'd me with a pistol because I goomba stomped him, when he was goomba stomping a bunch of noobs & laughing at them, but when it happened to him he made sure to have a clip to get me in trouble, so I also called him a hypocrite & was warned for disrespect.

Edited by mobs2r
  • Like 1

D-Class Bunnyhopper

If an accurate synonym for hypocrite is "impostor" according to all sources, & I have been punished for calling people this, I expect every single person who has called me "sus" or said I am "venting" or called me "the impostor" to be banned or warned for disrespecting me in such a manner.

image.png.2e3a53cc4be549e0218a2b971b28aef3.png

image.png.e3d0e670d1dbea10873b819e7649843d.png

image.png.a93eb6ccebf79578b7318905cf9b6405.png

image.png.f26b035e5a7e68d6491133025f8cf7b2.png

image.png

Edited by mobs2r

D-Class Bunnyhopper

The jump I was doing to get to catwalk could easily be fixed if you modified Upper D Block. The invisible walls wouldn't even be necessary if you just had more intuitive map design. Here is a mock up I made in 15 minutes in CSGO SDK to show how easy it would be to fix Upper D Block to prevent the lower catwalk jump from the bar window. It isn't rocket science.

20220702161631_1.thumb.jpg.3957555a8621ff49ab4283c26d78fa86.jpg

It doesn't need to be exactly like this, but my point is you shouldn't punish people for having map knowledge, just fix the map instead.

I read that they are changing the map to Site 65 apparently anyway, so why I was getting in trouble for this is anyone's guess.

Edited by mobs2r

D-Class Bunnyhopper

1 hour ago, mobs2r said:

so I simply told him he should attend speech therapy

Do you not realize how ridiculously rude that is? You don't know our staff on a personal level or the challenges they go through. 

2 hours ago, mobs2r said:

Hardly encouraging anything, just insinuating really

And saying that behind someone's back is any better? Even if it's not to their face that's still incredibly toxic

1 hour ago, mobs2r said:

If an accurate synonym for hypocrite is "impostor" according to all sources, & I have been punished for calling people this, I expect every single person who has called me "sus" or said I am "venting" or called me "the impostor" to be banned or warned for disrespecting me in such a manner.

Finally, something you said that I can get behind! I hate Among Us players sooooo much dude, they should all be banned! But really, context matters here and this is quite the ridiculous response, surely you see it too as there is a difference between name calling in a sit and as a joke in a less serious situation.

• Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

25 minutes ago, Nydekore said:

Do you not realize how ridiculously rude that is? You don't know our staff on a personal level or the challenges they go through. 

I don't understand how it is rude to tell someone I can't understand them. I asked him if he could get another Admin & I'm pretty sure he refused, I couldn't really tell that well. I feel like I don't need to know someone well to hear a lisp in their voice, which is a challenge they have to deal with, & the solution to that challenge would be speech therapy. How am I supposed to give a dignified & heartfelt response to someone I am struggling to comprehend because every third word is gibberish?

And saying that behind someone's back is any better? Even if it's not to their face that's still incredibly toxic

The Scientist & D Class I said it to started laughing about it, I'm pretty sure most people don't care about that sort of thing since it is a video game & it isn't real life. I read earlier in chat that the Moderators have a quota they have to meet for sits, & if that is true then I can see why they get so bent over the most basic insults like what I said.

Finally, something you said that I can get behind! I hate Among Us players sooooo much dude, they should all be banned! But really, context matters here and this is quite the ridiculous response

It was meant to be ridiculous, I linked 5 sources, I was clearly being facetious & sarcastic.

surely you see it too as there is a difference between name calling in a sit and as a joke in a less serious situation.

Way to twist the narrative. I didn't say it in a sit, I said it to two randoms who laughed about it when they angrily asked me why I kept getting stuck, because I was typing while I was moving with them cuffed.

Edited by mobs2r

D-Class Bunnyhopper

• Head of Staff

@mobs2r 

Lets stop the arguing in this post. Please keep all comments to + or - Supports only. Thanks!

• Like 1

ImperialRP SMT | Head of Staff       

Head Forums Diplomat

Former High Admiral | Former DT Commander | Former State LTCOL | Former SPRT Commander

16 hours ago, mobs2r said:

The jump I was doing to get to catwalk could easily be fixed if you modified Upper D Block. The invisible walls wouldn't even be necessary if you just had more intuitive map design. Here is a mock up I made in 15 minutes in CSGO SDK to show how easy it would be to fix Upper D Block to prevent the lower catwalk jump from the bar window. It isn't rocket science.

20220702161631_1.thumb.jpg.3957555a8621ff49ab4283c26d78fa86.jpg

It doesn't need to be exactly like this, but my point is you shouldn't punish people for having map knowledge, just fix the map instead.

I read that they are changing the map to Site 65 apparently anyway, so why I was getting in trouble for this is anyone's guess.

ngl this is pretty impressive

+support to have it shortened but not removed.

• Thanks 1

'Cause you can't feel my anger
You can't feel my pain
You can't feel my torment
Driving me insane

+/- support 

He clearly shows ill intent towards Diz but I do think that the 3 week ban on him is to harsh/too long, I +support shortening the ban but not fully removing the ban. 
-The catwalk jump is more of a verbal warning then a warn
-The encouraging suicide part should have at least a few consequences (Deserves at least some sort of ban)

Edited by Gyara
  • Thanks 1

Former Nu7 Command Member
497911031_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif.a0b095d662cf5f49ededd5d8ebbf6245.gif

-support

clearly meant it in a derogatory manner, has previous warns for toxicity as well.

Edited by 1stSavagerY
  • Dislike 1

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

On 7/2/2022 at 6:34 PM, Nydekore said:

Finally, something you said that I can get behind! I hate Among Us players sooooo much dude, they should all be banned! But really, context matters here and this is quite the ridiculous response, surely you see it too as there is a difference between name calling in a sit and as a joke in a less serious situation.

-SUPPORT

• Dislike 1

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

I won't post again after this, but I really have to make things clear: I don't understand why people are getting so bent over these "previous toxicity" warns, because one of them was for calling someone a hypocrite & the other was the Staff member with a lisp. I have friends with lisps, friends with Autism/ADHD/OCD, so I don't discriminate. I don't know if it was because he was nervous or something, but I seriously couldn't tell what he was saying. He also just decided to refuse to type or get another Admin in the sit when I asked, so I can't be held accountable. I didn't appeal those warns, because I didn't know I could appeal a warn, I just thought you could appeal a ban.

Edited by mobs2r
  • Dislike 2

D-Class Bunnyhopper

Denied

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl ||