Changing TFA to M9k - Denied

Wassabi

What are you suggesting? Switching the TFA Base to M9K

How would this change better the server?TFA Base is very buggy/glitchy due to many factors, one of them is that TFA uses way more resources and increases the RAM usage of the computer when holding the gun in hand. Sometimes, on low end computers, the gun can start disappearing from the player's hand, resulting into a glitchy model and FOV glitching out. M9K is way more simpler and better, and I personally think that switching to M9K would benefit the server way more, and could maybe even reduce the current lag that is happening on the server as I'm writing this.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain.The main disadvantage I see in this change is that skins would no longer be accessible, and the shop will have to be changed to sell M9K weapons.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Mostly everyone, but especially people who experienced problems with the TFA Base

[CURRENT] CI SSGT, RnD SVA, CQOP, STS, Apollo Theta Unit, F5 Satan V

[FORMER] Nu7 CPL||E11 SSGT => CEO||CI RnD SVA||SEC SM||D5 SSGT => CTF ESL Pyxis||MA||RRH Engineer Delta 16||RA => RFA Freyja PA1||Senior Mod||Chief Manager => HMR|

[CUSTOM CLAN] Global Occult Coalition S-3  Horizon Initiative Legion III       [CUSTOM JOBS] MTF Delta-1

[MISC] SILVER ENJOYER // Permanent Guns: Trench Knife, Karambit Black Laminate, Hatchet 

-support
m9k weapons have very little bloom in comparison to TFA, this would probably cause lots of balance issues

Edited by Eyelander

|retired dhor/meritorious service award recipient||former CI 1lt/sm and E4 C2||Rho 36 Shaman|
"For the day I die, imma touch the sky"

17 minutes ago, ShadowPL said:

-Support

change to TFA insurgency weapons 🙏

ong

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

-Support
M9K is super outdated and old, everything about that pack is very basic, the only issue falls onto people with low end PC's which really isn't the servers fault

• Like 1

| EX CI General | | Ex Lead Admin | 
| The best Fruit to exist |

1 hour ago, K I W I said:

-Support
M9K is super outdated and old, everything about that pack is very basic, the only issue falls onto people with low end PC's which really isn't the servers fault

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

-support

Wayyy too easy to use and overall a bad & outdated gun script system. Was good for it's time but now we got much better weapon systems to use.

Former SCPRP: CI R&D Chief Director of Operations || Research Administrator || RFA Operations Advisory || RRH Analyst Xray 77 || CI General || Senior Event Team || CI Lieutenant Commander || Exemplary Investigator Award Recipient || STF D4 Poseidon PL7 || A1 SPC "Quantum"

Former ImperialRP: Naval Captain || Security Director || GM VI 

Former PoliceRP:  EMS Captain || RRU Rapid Response Team Manager || FBI Assistant Director 

- Support

Outdated and bad. Only reasonable option I see would be CW/ACRW.

• Thanks 1

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

4 hours ago, K I W I said:

-Support

That's not the issue, I have a really good PC and still have performance issues on this server alone. 

-Support

The good thing TFA has to offer is better registration (in my humble opinion) and more diverse array of weapons. Things like CW from what I have observed from other servers can be a bit... Boring to use. I dont even want to mention M9K.

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

5 hours ago, K I W I said:

-Support

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

11 hours ago, ShadowPL said:

-Support

change to TFA insurgency weapons 🙏

Yes. much yes

also. can agree in sandbox TFA fucks up everything only in sandbox tho

Yamato
Nu7 Sergeant Major 
Former: RRH Guardian KILO 20 | HTF MSG Inferno 2142 (MK2) Nu-7: CPT, DHBHM, DHCBRN. | D5: MSGT x3 | Sec MSGT. | Moderator |
1 Year DHBHM 

-Support

No, TFA is better than m9K

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

On 7/2/2022 at 12:16 PM, K I W I said:

-Support

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer