SCP-049/SCP-049-2 Testing

cduke08

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL REVIEW/GRADE
(I am incapable of formally grading documents)

This is a pretty cool test and I love to see researchers working together! However i think some constructive criticism, especially on first time documents (like this one), can really help out the reseachers behind the test. 

Formatting/Aesthetic: Because I was the one to do the formatting it would be completely biased for me to give my opinion on this. (--/25)

Grammar: I didnt notice many grammar mistakes, but there were small things like "To my and my colleague's surprise" that show it may have not been read over as much as it should have been. (I also not the best at grammar so its possible i missed other mistakes) (23/25)

Writing: This is an area that I think could use a bit of work. Firstly the "Background Research" portion of this document is quite lacking. You simply explained your method of researching the SCP whereas we want to know what you learned while researching and how it can be applied to the upcoming test. Think of the "Background Research" portion as essentially your context behind your hypothesis. The overall quality of writing could also be improved, I feel the document would be much better with more descriptive writing and better choice of words/phrases at certain points. I reccomend you read over your future documents and consider changes that could simplify interpretation of your text or improve the reader's experience. (15/25)

Test: SCP-049 (and 049-2) are very commonly tested SCPs, likely even the most, and the idea for this test in particular isnt the most unique or exciting. Combined with the fact that you werent supposed to be testing on this SCP and im going to have to give you a reduced score in my book. However, I will acknowledge the lack of testing options for Junior Reseachers and because this is your first Doc (and test in general) I will be leniant with how hard I am on you with this one. (20/25)

UNOFFICIAL SCORE:  58/(75) (without formatting considered)  Not bad for your first document!

Edited by Tree

Oooh- I haven't yet seen a document of yours. This will be exciting!

Final Grade: 87/100

Format: 20/25

I understand that you outsourced your document to Dr. T Ree for formatting and peer review! I absolutely love to see cooperation from the Research team, and I appreciate that you properly credited him in your document. However, I feel you could have gone more in-depth with your background information. Generally, you should write any research document as if the reader knows nothing about the anomaly you are testing on, and you are explaining it to them for the first time.

Test Idea/Execution: 20/25

I enjoy that you are helping us further our understanding of 049-2! However, I feel you could have gone more in-depth about the implications of your results in your Conclusion. Describe how the results of your tests make you feel in relation to your hypothesis, and how the Foundation can perform more experiments in the future to gain a higher understanding of each anomaly. Also, I would recommend you speak to Dr. Hanz Sauerkraut about his research on 049-2 instances. He has procured some interesting results in the past, and I'm sure you could get a lot of ideas about tests to perform in the future from him!

Lore: 23/25

From a lore and server standpoint, SCP-049 is understood to possess full control of SCP-049-2 instances. I never like to be too harsh about lore, though.

Grammar/Spelling: 24/25

There are a few very minor grammar mistakes made throughout the document, but nothing that distracts from the content of the document itself.

Current: Goofball

Former: RnD Delta Command, Foundation Doctor, RFA Agent, RRH Analyst