Warning Appeal - "David"- Denied

David1

Your In-game Name: Mick

Your SteamID: 76561198847428435

The admin's name in-game: Myandabeast

What warning did you receive: Cop bait

When did you receive this warning: 25/06/2022

Please give a description of the situation that led to the warning: 

I've been saving up my in-game cash to purchase a car and I was specifically interested in the dodge series. I wanted to test a couple of cars and so I did the test drive. You can only get 30 seconds on the test drive so you really have to be fast. I was driving down a long street at a high speed to see how high it was and I crashed into a lamppost and span out and hit a cop car, as I began to reverse the cop told me to pull over and to avoid being pulled over I made an attempt to push the cop car away and drive off when he said "Pull over".  At this time my test drive time had run out. 

Why do you think this warn was false:

I did not cop bait as I did not intend to crash into him, it was a complete accident and I was not looking to cause trouble. In the Video 2, I drive straight past the cop because I genuinely am trying to test the cars before I purchase them, I was not trying to annoy the cop or get arrested or cop bait. I was a genuine accident that I crashed into him.  

Evidence the warning is false:
Video 1 (cop perspective) https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/pQwcV-J4aHJJk/d1337c5uT0mA?invite=cr-MSw3S3osNTE2OTAzNjIs

Video 2 (cop perspective) https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/pQwIr4MYOnwiw/d1337zFNPD0S?invite=cr-MSxabTIsNTE2OTAzNjIs

Just now, David1 said:

Your In-game Name: Mick

Your SteamID: 76561198847428435

The admin's name in-game: Myandabeast

What warning did you receive: Cop bait

When did you receive this warning: 25/06/2022

Please give a description of the situation that led to the warning: 

I've been saving up my in-game cash to purchase a car and I was specifically interested in the dodge series. I wanted to test a couple of cars and so I did the test drive. You can only get 30 seconds on the test drive so you really have to be fast. I was driving down a long street at a high speed to see how high it was and I crashed into a lamppost and span out and hit a cop car, as I began to reverse the cop told me to pull over and to avoid being pulled over I made an attempt to push the cop car away and drive off when he said "Pull over".  At this time my test drive time had run out. 

Why do you think this warn was false:

I did not cop bait as I did not intend to crash into him, it was a complete accident and I was not looking to cause trouble. In the Video 2, I drive straight past the cop because I genuinely am trying to test the cars before I purchase them, I was not trying to annoy the cop or get arrested or cop bait. I was a genuine accident that I crashed into him.  

Evidence the warning is false:
Video 1 (cop perspective) https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/pQwcV-J4aHJJk/d1337c5uT0mA?invite=cr-MSw3S3osNTE2OTAzNjIs

Video 2 (cop perspective) https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/pQwIr4MYOnwiw/d1337zFNPD0S?invite=cr-MSxabTIsNTE2OTAzNjIs

Hey! This is in the uh, SCP RP Section. Not sure if you accidently put the wrong warn, or put it in the wrong area.

• Head Admin

+/-Support

In the first video, it does look like you were driving recklessly and then backed into the officer and continued to do so. Then you teleported back to car dealer. I can understand from your viewpoint, however, you told me in the sit that you lagged and how can I tell you are lagging or not. When I brought you to the sit, you were afk so I made a decision based on the first video. It's up to SMT to remove the warn or not, but this is my viewpoint.

Edited by [GL]MyanDaBeast

PoliceRP I Head Admin I PD: Colonel I Retired SWAT Commander Deputy Sheriff 

ImperialRP I Retired Grand Inquisitor 47th Battalion I Chimaera Legion I

1 hour ago, [GL]MyanDaBeast said:

+/-Support

In the first video, it does look like you were driving recklessly and then backed into the officer and continued to do so. Then you teleported back to car dealer. I can understand from your viewpoint, however, you told me in the sit that you lagged and how can I tell you are lagging or not. When I brought you to the sit, you were afk so I made a decision based on the first video. It's up to SMT to remove the warn or not, but this is my viewpoint.

I was not intentionally crashing the car. I was trying to drive it quickly yes and I lagged which caused me to hit the lamppost/sidewalk. The Cop asked me to "pull over", then I proceeded to push his car back to make a getaway. I suppose you can call it "driving recklessly" but it was not cop bait as I did not Cop Bait. Copbaiting is defined by the MOTD as: "Cop baiting is intentionally breaking the law or annoying a police officer in an attempt to have them arrest/confront you." I did not intentionally break the law, which I think it shows in the second video where I drove past normally shortly after I was returned to the car dealer

It's really a shame that you warned me when I was AFK which prevented me from being able to explain my side.

• Head Admin
1 hour ago, David1 said:

I was not intentionally crashing the car. I was trying to drive it quickly yes and I lagged which caused me to hit the lamppost/sidewalk. The Cop asked me to "pull over", then I proceeded to push his car back to make a getaway. I suppose you can call it "driving recklessly" but it was not cop bait as I did not Cop Bait. Copbaiting is defined by the MOTD as: "Cop baiting is intentionally breaking the law or annoying a police officer in an attempt to have them arrest/confront you." I did not intentionally break the law, which I think it shows in the second video where I drove past normally shortly after I was returned to the car dealer

It's really a shame that you warned me when I was AFK which prevented me from being able to explain my side.

"Its a shame that I warned you while you were AFK" How am I supposed to know when you will return. As I mentioned, given the video I made a decision. Also, you just mentioned that you were making a getaway, but for what? Were you wanted? Code Red? Did the officer see you with a weapon? Sounds like you broke priority rules. You should be warned for that instead. I'm not going to argue with you in this post so please don't argue. Let the community decide. 

Edited by [GL]MyanDaBeast

PoliceRP I Head Admin I PD: Colonel I Retired SWAT Commander Deputy Sheriff 

ImperialRP I Retired Grand Inquisitor 47th Battalion I Chimaera Legion I