SCP XP System - Denied

GarGar

Post name: SCP XP System

What are you suggesting? - I don't know how possible this is but I think a XP system for SCPs should be added. This would give XP per kill (like 10xp per kill more or less) or every time they breach they get a large amount of XP. Again, I don't know how difficult it would be to code this in but this would make people play on SCPs a lot more and try to be more deadly. There are some problems with this though like some SCPs don't kill actively or spread themselves around like 610 or 035 and 049 so for them maybe it would be like the longer there breached they get XP or get more XP per people they infect. Idk open to suggestions ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

How would this change better the server? - It would entice more people to play SCPs more often to be tested on, but not only that but, to make playing SCPs feel more rewarding than hee hoo kill neuron activation. Also, it gives the SCP player to want to stay alive longer and get more kills.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - SCPs will want to be alive longer and want to go for kills so maybe if research tests on a SCP the SCP also gets XP for being tested on to not hurt RP on the process.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - SCP players and research for more tests and CI for more onsites and such.

If you guys have any better ideas please put them. I'm not very creative lol.

Resigned CI CMDR Gar  | Former E11 SGT Gar | RRH Guardian Yankee 42 | Former D5 CPL Gar (one of the first) A1 Steak Sauce I Farmer Gar

2 minutes ago, Pills said:

How about XP for breaking doors?

the thing with that is the scp could farm one door unless staff was the one giving the xp which is a hassle 

Resigned CI CMDR Gar  | Former E11 SGT Gar | RRH Guardian Yankee 42 | Former D5 CPL Gar (one of the first) A1 Steak Sauce I Farmer Gar

1 minute ago, GarGar said:

the thing with that is the scp could farm one door unless staff was the one giving the xp which is a hassle 

With the current system, when staff take the sit and they break the door, the xp can be given after.

In the future, if a swep is made to breach doors, I doubt they would be given the ability to break a door several times if it was already broken.

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

12 minutes ago, Pills said:

With the current system, when staff take the sit and they break the door, the xp can be given after.

I feel your turning a already long and stressful process tho into something worse, I mean now they gotta interact with staff even more while mt/gensec gather around scp players.

1 minute ago, Coltable said:

I feel your turning a already long and stressful process tho into something worse, I mean now they gotta interact with staff even more while mt/gensec gather around scp players.

Not necessary, I mean we can wait a bit til they are alone and then give them the xp for destroying a door or successfully breaching, but I would only give xp for full self breaches and not being breached by a second party. 

16 minutes ago, Pills said:

In the future, if a swep is made to breach doors, I doubt they would be given the ability to break a door several times if it was already broken.

the initial breach would be the best to give players the xp so they can't farm doors but it would be a large amount

also if it was per kill maybe like 5 xp per every other kill

1 hour ago, Coltable said:

I dont know if this is the right way to promote scp gameplay tho, I feel like spending time and coding better sweps/breaching systems allowing easier gameplay experience for players who are on scp's would be a better alternative for promoting play time on scps. You also stated yourself some SCP have rolepla mechanics such as 049 etc only targeting certain jobs, i think that might lead to less ppl playing on those scps for example. Also you could simply abuse the xp gain per kill, kinda the reason we dont have any money or xp gain per kill currently.

I like the idea of reworking some SCP's and making them much more enjoyable to play is a much needed step in the right direction, from what I've heard SCP-096 is in a much more playable and fun state, I think a temporary change for some XP incentive isn't a bad Idea however as I doubt big SCP changes would come out as fast as we'd all like them to, I'm sure it's difficult to code some of the changes to certain SCP's, at least for breaching they get some sort of XP since sometimes it's very difficult to breach (And I mean only actually breaking through they're entire containment)

| EX CI General | | Ex Lead Admin | 
| The best Fruit to exist |

+ SUPPORT 

They would most likely have to create their own custom SCP breaching system that has internal timers and restrictions to the point where staff is no longer needed. The way self breaching is done right now is kinda crappy, honestly it would be nice to see a complete overhaul on how SCPs are played and this would also make it more of an SCP server rather than a TDM.

Overhaul:
- Integrated section inside of the F4 menu that displayed self breaching timers. This will show the current time on SCPs NLR and current self breach time if they have started the self breaching sequence. Self breaching can be activated in this menu as well.
- Automated notifications in chat. This will automatically display the status of SCPs containment by the system saying prewritten lines in the chat for site personnel to see. For example "SCP-682 has started scraping on the containment walls!" and "Please be advised, SCP-682 has broken containment!"
- XP per time out of containment and kill streak. SCPs that do not require containment will have altered XP rewards.
- System automatically opens containment and secured doors when timers are over. The doors should be able to be closed by staff in the F4 menu system or some other system (only the staff jobs can use this). Once the doors are closed the timer recycles and the process repeats. 

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

9 hours ago, Cuz L0g1c said:

+ SUPPORT 

They would most likely have to create their own custom SCP breaching system that has internal timers and restrictions to the point where staff is no longer needed. The way self breaching is done right now is kinda crappy, honestly it would be nice to see a complete overhaul on how SCPs are played and this would also make it more of an SCP server rather than a TDM.

Overhaul:
- Integrated section inside of the F4 menu that displayed self breaching timers. This will show the current time on SCPs NLR and current self breach time if they have started the self breaching sequence. Self breaching can be activated in this menu as well.
- Automated notifications in chat. This will automatically display the status of SCPs containment by the system saying prewritten lines in the chat for site personnel to see. For example "SCP-682 has started scraping on the containment walls!" and "Please be advised, SCP-682 has broken containment!"
- XP per time out of containment and kill streak. SCPs that do not require containment will have altered XP rewards.
- System automatically opens containment and secured doors when timers are over. The doors should be able to be closed by staff in the F4 menu system or some other system (only the staff jobs can use this). Once the doors are closed the timer recycles and the process repeats. 

Former RRH Analyst X-ray 39 Former D1 Deimos I   Former DDOP of RnD  🇬🇧

[CC's] Deadshot-Engineer-Snoop Dog-MTF-Alpha-9

British GIF