Booster Bacta Kit Suggestions [Accepted] [In Progress] [Completed]

Firekirby

What do you want to see?:

I want to see some improvements to the booster bacta kit for the medics of the server.

Booster bacta buff: 40 HP/S (instead of around 10 HP/S)

Noise: Slight increase

Why should we add it?:

As for the buff:

Right now, the booster bacta is still very very slow in combat. 10 HP/S doesn't do too much and although people should definitely watch their HP during events, things happen and troopers get hurt. Medics are in demand during big events and in the last mega/jmt/smt I couldn't do that much due to the kits healing at around 10 HP/S, I had multiple people needing my healing and I just couldn't help. In fact I saw some people realizing the healing was so slow that they decided to killbind and walk back. 

My justification for 40 HP/S:

When facing against event characters with M45s, etc, it takes mere seconds to drain a troopers HP to a super low amount. I know one of the problems was CCs getting combat healed with their giant HP base. The new booster bacta kit prevents this problem as healing isn't based on % of HP, but rather on a set time and HP amount. With this new HP time, it would still take CCs over a minute to get fully healed from a medic. At the same time, this new 40 HP/S would allow for regular troops to get healed rather quickly when hurt, but not to the point where they could survive if they were enduring constant fire. This would, in my opinion, make medics efficient again. One of the things Beckett said in the recent meeting was he didn't want people mindlessly going into battle and expecting to be healed in 2 seconds, and I think with 40 HP/S this wouldn't be the case as it would still take time for people to get back to their base HP and time for the medics to actually get to these troopers. I think this HP/S would be a good compromise and keep event characters and regular troops as well as CCs happy at the same time.

As for the noise:

I'm definitely glad the noise has been reduced, and happy this issue was addressed quickly. However, it's almost too quiet now, especially during events. I'd say just a slight noise increase would be good as medics would know when their healing is actually going through.

What are the advantages of having this?:

The advantages are:

Medics can make a significant difference again.

CCs can't get to their large HP pools in seconds.

Troops can be healed quickly, but not to the point where they're not careful about their HP.

Slight noise increase will help medics know when they're actually healing someone in combat.

Who is it mainly for?:

The 69th Medical Corps as well as battalion medics.

Links to any content: 

N/A

Edited by Firekirby

Retired GL Member (R DT CPT DM8)

7 Year Forum Account + Long-Standing GL Supporter

Former: Death Trooper Vice Commander (Unit TI-23 Overseer), 501st ARC Chip, Unit TI-23 Medic M36, Seeker Company SGT SN04, 69th SSGT Chip, Admin/GMVII

star wars animation GIF

CCs aren’t even able to combat heal with old bacta injector. They could only heal with stim. 

Last-Senior Commander Iden Versio (First IF SharpShooter Overseer, Last Commander ID10,Team Chestbox Gang)

Founder of the Gaminglight Christian Alliance Ex-Super Admin SawickM/Forum Diplomat/Supportspacer.png

Huge +Support 

The Change that was made was good for the regular Bacta Kit, but it still is really slow and inefficient for healing people during events  

Edited by Diamondback

Ex: RRH Guardian Delta 40 / CI CPT IC Project Ω Overseer VCMDR Fixer Project Ω Squad Lead Niner

+Support 

After keeping an eye on medical healing people in missions and events the healing abilities of the bacta kits are still way to slow as they are currently.

It takes way to much time for a person to get healed up wich leads event characters litterely being able to kill everyone on a planet.

The 40HP per second for the booster kit seems like a buff it should get at least (witch still will be underperforming since it would take 15 seconds to heal someone with only 600hp), especially since we aren't able to instandly heal 150hp or overheal  with the stims like before.

If im honest, i would buff the normal bacta kit to 40hp per second since it can heal non stop.

And buff the booster kit to 75hp per second since you have to restart healing after the x amount of hp given.

That way Medical wont be under the constant pressure of having to heal 20 people at the same time even tho there are only 3 of them on the field.

Another option might be to make the healing kits heal groups. If they heal groups they can still be slow but that way you wont have the problem that alot of people have to wait until they get healed. 

But as of right now, the bacta kits both need a pretty big buff to be able to keep people alive in events. 

1 hour ago, Bub said:

+Support 

After keeping an eye on medical healing people in missions and events the healing abilities of the bacta kits are still way to slow as they are currently.

It takes way to much time for a person to get healed up wich leads event characters litterely being able to kill everyone on a planet.

The 40HP per second for the booster kit seems like a buff it should get at least (witch still will be underperforming since it would take 15 seconds to heal someone with only 600hp), especially since we aren't able to instandly heal 150hp or overheal  with the stims like before.

If im honest, i would buff the normal bacta kit to 40hp per second since it can heal non stop.

And buff the booster kit to 75hp per second since you have to restart healing after the x amount of hp given.

That way Medical wont be under the constant pressure of having to heal 20 people at the same time even tho there are only 3 of them on the field.

Another option might be to make the healing kits heal groups. If they heal groups they can still be slow but that way you wont have the problem that alot of people have to wait until they get healed. 

But as of right now, the bacta kits both need a pretty big buff to be able to keep people alive in events. 

I agree with you wholeheartedly, I was going to suggest an HP buff around that amount but I wanted to prioritize the bacta booster specifically, and get to 40 HP/S as a good starting point for testing and future improvements

Edited by Firekirby

Retired GL Member (R DT CPT DM8)

7 Year Forum Account + Long-Standing GL Supporter

Former: Death Trooper Vice Commander (Unit TI-23 Overseer), 501st ARC Chip, Unit TI-23 Medic M36, Seeker Company SGT SN04, 69th SSGT Chip, Admin/GMVII

star wars animation GIF

12 hours ago, Diamondback said:

Huge +Support 

The Change that was made was good for the regular Bacta Kit, but it still is really slow and inefficient for healing people during events  

5M: EMS Captain, Sentinel
EX: Rescue Squadron Vice Marshal, Deputy Director, Director of research, medical COL, Shock, ST, Inferno. Starfighters, Naval, LOST MC X2, Mafia, Triad

“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
                                                                                                                   —Confucius

+Support

On 6/24/2022 at 8:18 PM, Firekirby said:

When facing against event characters with M45s, etc, it takes mere seconds to drain a troopers HP to a super low amount.

On 6/24/2022 at 8:18 PM, Firekirby said:

At the same time, this new 40 HP/S would allow for regular troops to get healed rather quickly when hurt, but not to the point where they could survive if they were enduring constant fire.

This is something I advocated in my original post for bacta kit changes.

"With the booster it takes ~1.8 minutes. I did a separate test, with 3 booster kits from 150hp to 1250hp it took ~40 seconds. I'd say that is a fair time to heal but you cannot always guarantee 3 medics on. I've personally had missions with only 1 medic, sometimes none. In, all I think both the med kit and booster kit should have a buff to the amount of hp given per second".

I understand that the slow heal rate of the bacta kit was meant to have troopers prioritize health and their lives, and not run into combat without a plan. But i think it has been tested now and 40 hp/s sounds reasonable enough to heal someone. it still take roughly 40 seconds to do so which would still promote people to try not to take damage and be tactical.

DT UN0 Imperial Commando Enforcer Diabeto | DT LEAN UN0

200.gif?cid=790b7611cdad345942cde75f0b1d 

Ex: [The First] IC 1156 Maroon | IC 3222 Atin | Purge BJL 1LT Diabeto PB39 IC DMOV VCMDR 1262 Scorch | DT F16

Talren's First and Only Personal Lean Trooper

On 6/25/2022 at 4:35 AM, Bub said:

+Support 

+MASSIVE SUPPORT
Whether this specific buff is implemented or something else, SOMETHING needs to happen. The removal of the bacta injector was the worst thing that could've possibly been done to "nerf" CCs. It took the fighting chance that we did have against them and turned it into dirt. The removal of the bacta injector has made the entire medical battalion all but obsolete, as I would rather killbind than sit through over 2 minutes of being healed. I have seen MULTIPLE people share this sentiment, and simply place down tacs to killbind with a medical right next to them when they are low. Healing has become a joke. The bacta injector was never a problem, but since it has been made abundantly clear the bacta injector is not coming back, this new medkit needs a massive buff if I, and many other people, are to even consider seeking medical aid on the battlefield any longer.

Second to None - DT V07 (TI-23 Unit Marksman, Former SN04)

Retired GL Member "Dark"

Previous: Seeker Company Sergeant DT SN04 / S33, DT V07 (TI-23 Unit Marksman) TI-23 Unit Squad Leader F16, DT Vice Commander BR0/TI-23 Overseer UNO, Nova Vice Commander Battle, MOD Dark