NLR timer. [Completed]

Claire

What are you suggesting? -  Adding a NLR timer on the top of the screen when you die. For example if you die as Sarkic, it will show a 3 minute timer In seconds to show how long your NLR is left till you can come out.

How would this change better the server? -  We Wont have to use a actual stop watch to time it.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  Its not nesccary, it also may be annoying when you die on accident, and have a NLR timer on your screen but in reality your acuttaly 'Alive'

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  Everyone.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A, I believe this would have to be coded in. Some Servers have this, not sure how hard it is to code though.

45 minutes ago, Demon Dice said:

I mean I know this can add some massive stress on the server and make lag worse. But if it can be done without that happening then +SUPPORT

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

46 minutes ago, Demon Dice said:

I mean I know this can add some massive stress on the server and make lag worse. But if it can be done without that happening then +SUPPORT

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

1 hour ago, Demon Dice said:

SCP-RP: CI 2LT | SEC 2LT | Lumberjack Union Chief Logging Operator, S4 Avium SL1 | Retired Research Supervisor | Retired CI 2LT, 1LT | 2x Former SEC 1LT, Retired CPT Former WC Nemesis | Former Nu7 HFTO MAJ/A3 Tesla | Retired Admin

CCs: MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero' | Vonzen Plushie | STARS | D-9177 'The Pill' | CI TF2 Heavy

Achievements: Staff Of The Month | 11x Staff Of The Week

2 hours ago, Demon Dice said:

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

4 hours ago, Demon Dice said:

Resigned CI CMDR Gar  | Former E11 SGT Gar | RRH Guardian Yankee 42 | Former D5 CPL Gar (one of the first) A1 Steak Sauce I Farmer Gar

4 hours ago, Demon Dice said:

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

pretty sure this has been suggested and denied multiple times 

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

On 6/24/2022 at 2:54 PM, Demon Dice said:

| EX CI General | | Ex Lead Admin | 
| The best Fruit to exist |

On 6/24/2022 at 1:54 PM, Demon Dice said:

Former Ranks: Medical AHOMSSEC Major AJG WL LucillaD5 Vice CommanderCI R&D Archivist DHBICI Lieutenant Colonel

737457596_Screenshot(111).png.b0bac56931254c79ac0b8514688eae15.png

+Support
If possible without causing lag, im 100% for it. 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

see the issue is you would have to go through every job because for EX SEC light weight has 1 min while things like HIRU have 3 mins but if they could do this that  would be great however too much shit on the screen

Current Ranks Chaos Insurgency CMDR Jrshafer | Security 2LT | Assistant Chief of EMS 

Former Ranks!
Former Alpha-1 Captain Former Physician Former Deputy Head of 
Security Armored Shield Former Member of the Community Blacklist Team

+support

This would be a great addition to the SCPRP experience. Especially for GENSEC since they respawn so close to where they usually deploy. Instead of pulling out a browser tab or a phone to calculate NLR (or literally estimating the time), players would simply know how long they have left until NLR is over. 

I believe it should simply be a timer and not restrict player movement. The impact on performance could be mitigated by having the timer be handled clientside (this wouldnt really pose a threat since a player would have no reason to mess with memory values to gain an advantage). 

Currently GENSEC and MTF Nu7. In-Game name is May.