Bacta Kit Reversion Request [Denied]

Firekirby

What do you want to see?:

I want to see a reversion of the bacta kit, and have the bacta injector be brought back. This suggestion leaves stims out of the picture, as I don't see them as important.

Why should we remove it?:

The bacta kit should be removed because:

-It is extremely loud and can be heard across the map. I have hyperacusis (hyper sensitivity to sound) and this sound in particular is so loud that I have to turn my headphones down whenever I use it.

-The rate of healing is very slow, even on the better bacta kit. A single medic will have a really difficult time making an impact during event, as they will not be able to heal others quickly and efficiently.

-A majority of players on the server seem to dislike the change. I understand that part of the reason for adding the bacta kit was to nerf CCs HP, but removing the stim already helps with this issue.

What are the advantages of having this?:

The advantages of bringing the bacta injector back are:

-The sound is not nearly as loud but still notifies others of healing occurring. 

-The healing is fast, which is essential for combat on the battlefield.

-It can give ammo quickly, which can make the difference between life and death in some scenarios. The ability to give ammo makes the medical experience more engaging and removes the frustration from having to buy ammo in the middle of a firefight.

Who is it mainly for?:

69th Medical Corps, and battalions with a medical specialization, however this will impact all players of the server.

Links to any content: 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727824870

Final Note:

I know that SMT are constantly working hard to improve the quality and experience on GL servers, and I really appreciate the amount of time and dedication that is put into ImperialRP, and I believe that a majority of changes made to the server are positive. This is just something that I think should be changed as most players do not like the new medical healing items. While I certainly believe these current medkits could be updated in the future, I really see bringing back the bacta injector as a better option for the server's interest. It would be a quicker change than modifying an item and is something players are familiar with already. I believe that removing the stim was an effective way to tone down a CC's HP, and that bringing back the bacta injector would be the best move.

Humbly submitted,

DT M36/Crystal

Edited by Firekirby

Retired GL Member (R DT CPT DM8)

7 Year Forum Account + Long-Standing GL Supporter

Former: Death Trooper Vice Commander (Unit TI-23 Overseer), 501st ARC Chip, Unit TI-23 Medic M36, Seeker Company SGT SN04, 69th SSGT Chip, Admin/GMVII

star wars animation GIF

Absolute MASSIVE +SUPPORT

bacta injectors we’re never an issue and I want to see them brought back. 

Retired GL Member "Dark"

Previous: Seeker Company Sergeant DT SN04 / S33, DT V07 (TI-23 Unit Marksman) TI-23 Unit Squad Leader F16, DT Vice Commander BR0/TI-23 Overseer UNO, Nova Vice Commander Battle, MOD Dark

19 minutes ago, darkstarson12 said:

Current: General Harry, MC R COL Harry, R Pyke Enforcer

Former: Shock CQCS CPT James, naval lieutenant Harry, IC CSE DMS (former DMVL) SSE 1SGT Maroon/Harry, IF Agent Shoto stark, 501st SSGT LENG, DT LCPL AJ8, Nova SGT Conqueror, ST CPL ENG SCT Shore HVY Harry, Deputy Director of Research, MC COmmander Harry 8900, Pyke Sentinel HoR Harry

20 minutes ago, darkstarson12 said:

5M: EMS Captain, Sentinel
EX: Rescue Squadron Vice Marshal, Deputy Director, Director of research, medical COL, Shock, ST, Inferno. Starfighters, Naval, LOST MC X2, Mafia, Triad

“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
                                                                                                                   —Confucius

21 minutes ago, darkstarson12 said:

EX Military RP Member |Marine CMDR, MP CMDR. DI CMDR,RUAF  ATCL LTC,EX Senior Mod / Wardog| 

ExImperial Rp MC RVMS AUO Lieutenant Colonel| Moderator GM III | 

+SUPPORT

Don't really see why CCs having too much health should impact the rest of the players

They are SUPER loud, and very slow at healing

They do not give ammo

It seems literally everybody in game dislikes the change

32 minutes ago, darkstarson12 said:

i am always correct and will always be better than you

#JusticeForTrojan #SlideForRacc #:3

Former: Imperial High Command | Deathtrooper Senior CommanderSenior Admin | Senior Forum Diplomat | Support Member

+ Support

I myself think this change will be detrimental in many ways. I believe it will severely handicap Medical and make it so the battalion will die out. I also feel like we will see a massive change in the way of only high HP jobs such as DT, Nova, IC and IQ surviving through events and missions whilst everyone else perishes. If the issue is due to Custom Classes, why punish everyone else? Just remove them from CCs entirely. If you guys didn't want 5k HP CCs running around, you should have though of it before letting people pay for that. Don't punish non CC owners and an entire battalion for that.

| RETIRED GENERAL OF THE IMPERIAL ARMY |
| FIRST EVER IMPERIAL GOVERNOR || Former 501st "Vader's Fist" Legion Commander || Former Senior Commander || Former SF Crimson || Former IF Agent Lone Six |
| Former Imperial RP Senior Administrator || Former Senior Forums Diplomat || Former Imperial RP Gamemaster VII || Retired 501st VCMDR |
season 1 duel of the droids GIF by Star Wars

1 hour ago, Theta said:

+ Support

I myself think this change will be detrimental in many ways. I believe it will severely handicap Medical and make it so the battalion will die out. I also feel like we will see a massive change in the way of only high HP jobs such as DT, Nova, IC and IQ surviving through events and missions whilst everyone else perishes. If the issue is due to Custom Classes, why punish everyone else? Just remove them from CCs entirely. If you guys didn't want 5k HP CCs running around, you should have though of it before letting people pay for that. Don't punish non CC owners and an entire battalion for that.

RETIRED

30 Second Darth Vader Kio

Stepped down General Kio |  Retired Dupe Builder for Army/Navy High Command | Last Ever Nova Senior Commander | Retired Assistant Head GameMaster | Admin | ST Vice Commander Revenant

Bleach Bankai GIF