Navigation System Improvement [Under Review] [Denied]

oofbonk

What do you want to see?: I feel that navigation on the server might be a little more difficult than it should be. I found an addon that might make Naval's job a whole lot easier.

Why should we add it?: It makes navigation through star systems very easy and it would save a lot of hassle. I have been playing around a bit in singleplayer with the addon and I have found it to be very useful.

What are the advantages of having this?: It is more fun and immersive in my opinion, and I think it would make Naval's communication better as well.

Who is it mainly for?: Naval

Links to any content: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2735358488

spacer.png

The Ninth Sister 

IC SSE SFC 3434 

+support

Looks like an awesome mod to have! But im not sure if it would work for the custom map we have (maybe it would, i dont know how that coding stuff works).

But this would open up completely new rp scenarios for naval where they can actually fly the isd. 

1 hour ago, Bub said:

+support

Looks like an awesome mod to have! But im not sure if it would work for the custom map we have (maybe it would, i dont know how that coding stuff works).

But this would open up completely new rp scenarios for naval where they can actually fly the isd. 

| RETIRED GENERAL OF THE IMPERIAL ARMY |
| FIRST EVER IMPERIAL GOVERNOR || Former 501st "Vader's Fist" Legion Commander || Former Senior Commander || Former SF Crimson || Former IF Agent Lone Six |
| Former Imperial RP Senior Administrator || Former Senior Forums Diplomat || Former Imperial RP Gamemaster VII || Retired 501st VCMDR |
season 1 duel of the droids GIF by Star Wars

2 hours ago, Bub said:

+support

Looks like an awesome mod to have! But I'm not sure if it would work for the custom map we have (maybe it would, I don't know how that coding stuff works).

But this would open up entirely new RP scenarios for naval where they can actually fly the ISD. 

Former IQ Overseer / EX Havoc 1LT / EX Naval Vice admiral / / EX DT C37 / EX DT L21 EX DT VCMDR EX GMVIII

Current Fleet intelligence member \

spacer.png

+support!

As long as it is compatible with the server I think this would be a great change for Naval and give them extra RP!

Retired GL Member (R DT CPT DM8)

7 Year Forum Account + Long-Standing GL Supporter

Former: Death Trooper Vice Commander (Unit TI-23 Overseer), 501st ARC Chip, Unit TI-23 Medic M36, Seeker Company SGT SN04, 69th SSGT Chip, Admin/GMVII

star wars animation GIF

1 hour ago, Firekirby said:

+support!

As long as it is compatible with the server I think this would be a great change for Naval and give them extra RP!

RETIRED

30 Second Darth Vader Kio

Stepped down General Kio |  Retired Dupe Builder for Army/Navy High Command | Last Ever Nova Senior Commander | Retired Assistant Head GameMaster | Admin | ST Vice Commander Revenant

Bleach Bankai GIF

+Support

I think this could be a very good addition and will add immersion to the server.

However, there is some backend work needed to configure the addon to be compatible with our custom map. 

"If you get any error make sure you have downloaded all required content and play on a supported map".

Currently Supported Maps

Venator Extensive by KingPommes

Star Destroyer by Lord Trilobite

"To enable SWU on any map you like, you need to add the map configuration to the addon by using the `SWU_LoadCustomMapConfig` hook and add your configuration as shown in the example below".

All is written in the description of the addon in steam.

• Heart-Eyes 1

DT UN0 Imperial Commando Enforcer Diabeto | DT LEAN UN0

200.gif?cid=790b7611cdad345942cde75f0b1d 

Ex: [The First] IC 1156 Maroon | IC 3222 Atin | Purge BJL 1LT Diabeto PB39 IC DMOV VCMDR 1262 Scorch | DT F16

Talren's First and Only Personal Lean Trooper

On 6/23/2022 at 7:00 PM, Bub said:

+support

On 6/23/2022 at 7:00 PM, Bub said:

+support

• Like 1

5M: EMS Captain, Sentinel
EX: Rescue Squadron Vice Marshal, Deputy Director, Director of research, medical COL, Shock, ST, Inferno. Starfighters, Naval, LOST MC X2, Mafia, Triad

“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
                                                                                                                   —Confucius

• Beckett changed the title to Navigation System Improvement [Under Review]
  • Beckett locked this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • Manager

DENIED

After thorough testing, the conclusion was to deny the addon implementation. The addon offered some great advantages, however, the system would not work properly considering the hyperspace system built into the map and the configuration of planet locations with teleporting.

• Like 1