Alex’s Ban Appeal

Alex 666

Steam Name: Alex 666

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:52599235

Ingame Name: Teleport

Ban Length: 4 Weeks

Admin that Banned you: Weiss

Reason for Ban: Exploiting | Repeat Offense

Dispute: I understand that I repeated this offense. However, does this merit a 4 week ban? If I reached the 20 warn/30warn threshold it would be totally understandable, but my concern is does repeating an exploit offense correlate to a four week ban? Firstly for some background information, I have been warned four times for this specific offense (i.e. sit glitching) and I have been banned three times, this leads into my next segment of suggesting a reduced ban. I recognize that sit-glitching is a bannable offense, but 4 weeks is a month-long ban. Optimistically, I hope you can see the significance of that punishment for a rudimentary exploitation (it is still a bad offense). Thereby, I ask you to shorten the punishment even if it is by a few days/weeks. In addition to this, my previous ban for exploiting the sit glitch was 4-3 days, and my current ban is for four weeks. Am I incorrect or should the system be approximately a 4-3 day ban, 1 week ban, then a 4 week ban? Lastly, to conclude this appeal, I would just want to say that I really enjoy this server as well as the community that comes with it, the SCP concept is also something that I find very fascinating and fun to experience in g-mod! I understand what I did was wrong and I hope to come back soon, Thanks!

-Support

6 warns for exploiting in total. 3 prior bans. You've got to learn at some point, maybe this month will be a wake up call.

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

1 minute ago, Pills said:

-Support

Stop exploiting smh

mayhaps, however. people play video games for fun right? so, if i sit glitch through check point as a d-boy (escape artist) does it really matter? like cmon, i know we must abide by the rules but damn, sit-giltching is really interesting. Like, many don't have experience with it, but you can sit-glitch through checkpoints, gate a, gate b, and so on. It is what it is. Thanks for responding tho, the "-support" is understandable. As well, I also want to know if 4 weeks is the correct punishment? like, in the MOTD does it say that 4 warns correlates to a 4 week ban? 

• Head Admin

The process leading to my length choice was the amount of warns you have for exploiting and despite prior bans your willingness to continue.
As for ban lengths for exploiting, this is generally staff discretion. For example I tend to issue bans to repeat offenders.  

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/p6u9wB29Q_zKi/AAjtEEQ9y6Oo?invite=cr-MSxQUjUsMTMyMDAwMzcs

3 hours ago, Nydekore said:

-Support

6 warns for exploiting in total. 3 prior bans. You've got to learn at some point, maybe this month will be a wake up call.

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

2 hours ago, LilThinMints said:

Just stop exploiting bruh💀

Go play warzone or some other better pvp game while you wait

fr, just dont exploit

- support

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

-support

Jesus that's a LOT of exploiting warns. Genuinely surprised you didn't get longer.

Former SCPRP: CI R&D Chief Director of Operations || Research Administrator || RFA Operations Advisory || RRH Analyst Xray 77 || CI General || Senior Event Team || CI Lieutenant Commander || Exemplary Investigator Award Recipient || STF D4 Poseidon PL7 || A1 SPC "Quantum"

Former ImperialRP: Naval Captain || Security Director || GM VI 

Former PoliceRP:  EMS Captain || RRU Rapid Response Team Manager || FBI Assistant Director 

10 hours ago, Weiss said:

The process leading to my length choice was the amount of warns you have for exploiting and despite prior bans your willingness to continue.
As for ban lengths for exploiting, this is generally staff discretion. For example I tend to issue bans to repeat offenders.  

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/p6u9wB29Q_zKi/AAjtEEQ9y6Oo?invite=cr-MSxQUjUsMTMyMDAwMzcs

Ok thats pretty understandable, just wanna make it clear that staff gets to decide pretty much or is there some sort of system for this? (Edit: Also, does it matter the staff member? Do different staff members give different punishments?) 

Edited by Alex 666

14 hours ago, Pills said:

-Support

Stop exploiting smh

Got some wack logic as his defense.

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

11 hours ago, Loaff said:

Got some wack logic as his defense.

mayhaps my logic is flawed, but the "-support" is understandable. (Edit: I just think that four weeks is severe.) 

Edited by Alex 666

25 minutes ago, FeaR x Green Pikachu said:

I would even argue that a perma wouldnt even be severe enough due to repeating the same thing

okay maybe. But whats more severe then a perma?, "a perma wouldnt even be severe enough". Like, should I be hanged as well? just joking btw

On 6/20/2022 at 1:21 AM, Nydekore said:

-Support

Former RRH Analyst X-ray 39 Former D1 Deimos I   Former DDOP of RnD  🇬🇧

[CC's] Deadshot-Engineer-Snoop Dog-MTF-Alpha-9

British GIF

30 minutes ago, DumpTruck said:

I dont need a month-long wake up call, i can make an alarm on my phone and that takes like 2 minutes to do. But for real though, this connects to my situation because this doesn't need a month long wake up call either, i can be "woken up/learn my lesson" in less. But I could understand why a punishment is needed, so yea thanks.  

Denied

• Sad 1

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl ||