Unnamed Neurological Virus

Vertigo334

Enter Security Credentials:                                                                                  

ACCESS GRANTED, FIELD COMMANDER. 

Perform a full systems and data check.

ALL AUXILLARY DATA HAS BEEN RESTORED, ISD IS FULLY OPERATIONAL 

FAILED TO CONTACT LIGHT CRUISER, WILL REATTEMPT IN 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 

FAILED TO CONTACT LIGHT CRUISER, ASSUMING STATUS AS LOST IN ACTION 

Open Log 346, title Unnamed Neurological Virus.

<12:32:45, Unidentified Space in the Outer Rim Territories>

>Imperial Commandos begin report that a trooper is feeling unwell.

>I arrive to IC bunks with two Deathtroopers, we enter to see 4 Imperial Commandos, Captain Reaper and Sergeant First Class Locke of Crimson Squadron, Sergeant First Class Robert and Staff Sergeant Kurio.

>SSGT Kurio is displaying peculiar symptoms, although claims he is in good health.

End of Interaction

>I return to Bridge, before hearing more reports of SSGT Kurio, as well as SFC Robert and CPT Reaper displaying similar symptoms.

>SFC Locke is seemingly unafflicted, and assists DT V07 in gathering the IC and securing them in Medbay.

>SFC Robert is attempting to bash his helmet into the wall, he is the most afflicted and our primary objective.

>Imperial AI Blue begins to aid our efforts, scanning all vitals for the IC, Locke remains unaffected.

>Imperial AI Blue beings to attempt to isolate the cause, but is interrupted by a communications message by a unknown entity.

>The entity claims to be within the Imperial Commandos and vows to defeat our ISD.

>I order a full lockdown of Medbay and Nova, DT and Locke restrain the IC while AI Blue works to solve the issues.

MEDBAY ENTERED CLEARANCE 5 LOCKDOWN <12:46:32> 

>AI Blue has deduced that the virus is drawn to troopers with a certain genome in their DNA, otherwise known as Fett DNA.

>I order all Purge and 501st ARC troopers to Medbay for immediate scans. 

>The Purge CSM Fish seems unafflicted, but AI Blue detects the virus in his neurological scans. The ARC trooper was unaffected.

>AI Blue has isolated the virus to the IC and Purge, it cannot spread to any other troopers at this time.

>Reaper manages to pull his vibro-knife and drives it into a Nova PVT.

CASUALTY NOTED, ONE NOVA KILLED IN ACTION 

>The IC start muttering about destroying the engines and killing the surrounding troopers.

>AI Blue discovers that the virus is both within their armor systems and well as their brains.

>I order full shutdown of all IC systems to isolate the biological potential of the virus.

>The virus weakens, and AI Blue is able to take advantage of this.

>IC SFC Robert is unable to be saved, and is incinerated.

CASUALTY NOTED, ONE IMPERIAL COMMANDO KILLED IN ACTION

>Captain Reaper and Staff Sergeant Kurio are cured.

>Nova Commander Kio was attempting to restrain Kurio when the virus transferred to him. 

>The virus fled the Medbay, but was outmatched to fight off the Imperial force and he fled to the Light Cruiser, still within Kio's body.

>I order IC to bring all ISD systems offline to force the virus off the ISD.

MEDBAY LOCKDOWN LIFTED <12:54:03>

EXECUTIVE ORDERS RECEIVED 

FIELD COMMANDER HAS ACTIVATED INITIATIVE 234D 

ALL LIGHT CRUISER SYSTEMS ARE FROZEN, ENGINE BEGINS TO STALL 

IMPERIAL AI BLUE-546723 SETS LIGHT CRUISER ENGINES TO 84% POWER

ENGINES BEGIN TO OVERHEAT 

>AI Blue reports that the virus has manually overridden the engine meltdown process

>Fighters deploy from the Light Cruiser, I order SF to engage the fighters and immobilize the engines

>Engine can only enter meltdown manually.

>I assemble a strike team comprised of Captain Reaper, SFC Locke and SSGT Kurio to manually initiate the meltdown.

>SF successfully damage the hyperdrive and AI Blue locks the Light Cruiser systems, denying an escape.

<12:59:34> 3 NEW ORGANIC LIFEFORMS DETECTED ON LIGHT CRUISER 

>SF shoot down all enemy fighters, and successfully counter the attack launched by the virus.

>CPT Reaper inform me that the charges are set, but has been separated from SFC Locke by the virus, who closed blast doors between them. 

>CPT Reaper and SSGT Kurio attempt to escape through the blast vents, but are cut off by the virus, still inhabiting Commander Kio's body. Kio fires at the IC and the detonator is destroyed, meaning the IC must manually detonate the charges.

>AI Blue frees the virus from Kio, and he escapes the Cruiser juts behind Locke.

<1:03:54> TWO ORGANIC LIFEFORMS HAVE DEPARTED THE LIGHT CRUISER 

>The virus assumes control of the Light Cruiser and begins a turn towards the ISD.

>I order AI Blue to lock the tractor beam to the Light Cruiser and countersteer it down.

IMMINENT IMPACT DETECTED, ENAGAGING EMERGENCY EVASIVE MANEUVERS 

>Captain Reaper sends a final goodbye, and both he and SSGT Kurio detonate the charges

>The Light Cruise begins to burst apart due to the engine meltdown. 

<1:04:59> NO LIFEFORMS DETECTED ON LIGHT CRUISER 

CASUALTY NOTED, TWO IMPERIAL COMMANDOS KILLED IN ACTION 

>The ISD is just above where we managed to countersteer the Light Cruiser, damage was minimal.

<1:05:12> HULL INTEGRITY AT 78%, MINOR DAMAGES TO HANGAR BAYS AND BOTTOM OF HULL 

>I hand Locke the ships data and instruct him to restore all systems.

<1:06:23> ALL SYSTEMS RESTORED, ISD IS OPERATIONAL 

>We receive an eerie radio message from the supposed virus, however it was nothing but empty threats by a weakened enemy.

TOTAL CASUALTY COUNT: 4 

ONE LIGHT CRUISER LOST 

End Log and upload to the database.

LOG ENDED, UPLOADING TO DATABASE... 

UPLOAD COMPLETE 

Status of our requisitioned Light Cruiser?

REPLACEMENT LIGHT CRUISER WILL ARRIVE IN 7 HOURS 

Field Commander signing off, delete recording and keep the log as the only proof of this report.

INTRUCTIONS CONFIRMED, SIGNING OFF...

Virus Report:

This virus of unknown origin seems to integrate itself into suit systems and route itself from any neurological or nerve connections between the armor and the trooper, and then transfer into the nervous system. Fett DNA was easily susceptible as their neurological composition was the same, so the virus had no trouble replicating its path into the nervous system.  The virus seemingly attempts to influence the trooper and even take over their motor systems to carry out its agenda. Only cure seems to be to isolate the biological version of the virus by shutting down all systems and attempting to force the virus out of the trooper. If this fails, the trooper must be completely disintegrated. 

Captain Reaper will be posthumously awarded a Cross of Valor for his fearlessness and sacrifice.

Staff Sergeant Kurio will be posthumously awarded a Cross of Valor for his fearlessness and sacrifice.

Cross of Valor:

Awarded to those who perform feats in the service of the Empire without regard to oneself. Such individuals have proven their selflessness and fealessness in the face of danger on numerous occassions. May be awarded posthumously.

Edited by Vertigo334
  • Gaminglight Love 1

The Grand Inquisitor Vertigo 

First Field Commander 

Former Purge Senior Commander 

darth vader GIF by Upamanyu Bhattacharyya

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.